Status: Finished. No sequel.

Living On A Prayer

XXXVII

Brian held in a smirk as each of the guys looked at the pink objects in their hands. He got Matt a pink mic, Johnny and Zacky both had pink picks while Arin had pink drumsticks. Eloise and him had held off on telling anyone until the night before he left for another tour. His family and hers had gotten together last night for dinner; everyone was waiting for them to tell them. Eloise and Brian had held off until dessert when Eloise brought out a plate of pink and purple cupcakes. All of the guys started laughing and joking with Brian while the girls started talking the nursery and names.

Brian chuckled as his friends kept looking at the pink objects in their hands as they sat on their tour bus.

“No fucking way,” Zacky finally said then started laughing.

“Oh man, you’re screwed.” Matt started as he flipped the pink mic.

“Yeah you also better keep your son away from my daughter.” Brian warned with a mock glare.

“A girl . . . well I feel sorry for any guy that tries to date her in the future.” Johnny said playing around with the pick.

“Who said she’s going to date? She’s going to be a nun.” Brian said with all seriousness.

“She’ll be a rebel,” Matt added. “Unless she’s like Eloise.”

“I hope she is.” Brian told them as he stretched out his arms and the bus came to a stop.

“So are you guys going to tell the fans?” Arin asked as they got off the bus and headed into the venue.

“I think my dad actually tweeted about it this morning.” Brian told them as they went through the venue.

“Yeah he did, I saw it on there, fans are just constantly tweeting him, leaving messages on his fan page on Facebook, ours, Suzy’s.” Zacky told them as they sat down in the dressing room.

“Shit, what’d he say?”

“Just that he found he was going to be a grandpa.”

“That’s it?” Brian questioned confused. “But he could’ve meant Brent,”

“But the fans know you’re married and she has a son.” Johnny pointed out as he grabbed a water bottle.

“Plus, you guys were on the cover of People Magazine leaving the reception.” Arin told him.

“We were?”

“Yep, I saw it at the grocery store yesterday when I went to go pick up some razor heads.” Matt said nonchalantly. Brian shook his head and pulled his phone out to text Eloise and tell her.

“I bet she already knows, one of her students probably told her.” Zacky chuckled. “I wonder why the media only picked up on you and Shads?”

“Probably because Val and Eloise are good friends with Nicole now.” Brian muttered. He didn’t like the fact that the media was following them around and he didn’t want them to do anything to his son or wife.

“You okay bro?” Zacky asked. “You spaced out for a good five minutes. The guys are out doing sound check.”

“Just thinking,”

“About?”

Brian let out a sigh and rubbed his face. “I went and saw a lawyer on Saturday.”

“Seriously?” Zacky eyes went wide. “I know you thought about it but I didn’t think you were that serious.”

“Yeah,” Brian gave him a light smile while rubbing the back of his neck. “He’s drawing up the adoption papers, said they’ll be done by the time we get back.”

“Have you talked to Eloise about it?”

“Nope, I’m going to get the papers all ready and then give them to her.” Brian told Zacky honestly.

“Whoa . . . so you think she’ll go for it?”

“I hope so. I mean, she doesn’t have sign right then and there. She can think about it.”

“Hey guys, we got stuff to do so get off your asses!” Jason Berry shouted as he walked by the dressing room. Brian and Zacky sighed as they stood deciding they should help out.

A few hours later when they were stage, Matt was walking around talking with crowd. Brian was taking a sip of water when he heard Zack crack a joke about Brian becoming a daddy. He just shook his head and gave Zack the finger.

“If you guys have noticed, I am using a pink microphone tonight.” Matt told the crowd with a laugh. “Syn decided to tell all of us what he and his beautiful wife Eloise were having this morning.” The girls in the crowed aww’d and cheered.

“Which is why all of us have pink stuff,” Zacky chimed in.

“Well we all know that Syn is having a little girl, he’s fucked.” Matt told the crowd making them laugh.

“Future warning to any boys, I own a lot of guns.” Brian told them seriously. He knew it was a double edge sword sharing this with everyone but he knew it didn’t matter; only thing that mattered was his growing family.

A few weeks later, Eloise bent over the bathroom sink, grimacing as she spit out the mouth wash. She hated the twenty eight week check up, it meant she had to take the glucose test. Drinking basically sugary water made Eloise gag just thinking of the memory. The one thing she hated was the testing for the gestational diabetes. Eloise thanked the lord that it was the last test of she had to do for the duration of pregnancy. Eloise finally got the taste out of her mouth and checked to see that James was still napping so she decided to check the mail quickly.

She made her way to the mail box and grabbed everything before quickly making her way into the house. She set the mail on the kitchen counter and began shuffling through it. Eloise frowned as she came across the manila envelope. Flipping it over, she saw it was addressed to Brian and it was from his lawyer’s office. Setting it aside, she figured it was something to do with his divorce with Michelle.

“Babe?” Brian called out as he walked through the front door, dropping is suit cases next to the door. Eloise grinned as she ignored the rest of the mail and dashed over to Brian. “God, look at you!” Brian pulled her into a hug, her belly getting in the way. “How much did she grow?”

“A good few inches,” Eloise told him with a smile. “And a stronger kick. I think we have a little soccer player.”

“Nah, she’ll be a drummer.” Brian placed his hands on her stomach as he kissed her. “How’d it go today?” He asked once he pulled away.

“Good, we’re both perfectly healthy.” Eloise smiled as Brian slipped his shoes off and followed her further into the house. “Oh, something from your lawyer’s office came in the mail today.”

“Thanks babe,” Brian made his way into the kitchen and grabbed the folder. He smiled and made his way back to where his wife was sitting on the couch.

“So what exactly is in there?” Eloise asked as she rubbed the spot the baby kept kicking. She cocked her head as Brian just held it out to her with a straight face. Eloise took it and slowly opened the envelop. Slowly pulling the papers out, Eloise felt her eyes become moist.
“Brian . . .” She whispered quietly. “Are—Are you serious?”

“Yeah,” He sat next to her, wrapping his arm around her shoulders and used his other hand to brush away a few tears. “I drew these up a couple days after Jimmy’s birthday.” Eloise couldn’t find anything to say as she looked at the adoption papers. “I spoke with my lawyer and explained everything to him and he talked with the one that drew up Wyatt’s will and we made sure to put James’ trust under his name if you decided to change it in any way.” Eloise just stared at the papers making Brian start to worry. “Say something,”

“I—I . . . Brian,” She set the papers on the coffee table and sat on his lap, pulling him into a sensual kiss.

“I take it you’re happy?” Brian whispered as he pulled just an inch away from her lips.

“More then you know,” Eloise answered giving him another kiss. “I want him to have your last name, hyphened of course.”

“Anything you want baby, as long as I can legally say he’s my son. I want our family to feel complete and him to feel like he’s a Haner too.” Eloise nodded holding onto her husband tighter.

“Mama!” James voice echoed from upstairs making his parents pull apart.

“I’ll go get him,” Brian told her. Eloise relaxed into the couch, smiling when she heard James yell out in happiness. A minute later Brian came into the room holding James to him.

“Mama! Daddy home!”

“I know baby,”

Brian set James down who went straight to his toy chest while Brian turned the TV on to one of the recorded shows they had for James. Eloise rubbed the back of Brian’s neck as he eased back into the couch.

“So did you find any birthing classes?” Brian asked, shifting Eloise to lie against his chest as he stretched out.

“Mhm,” Eloise closed her eyes as Brian started to rub her stomach. “One of the ladies at the church knows a group that meets twice week for three weeks.”

“When does it start?”

“Tomorrow afternoon,”

“So Saturday afternoons and when else?” Brian questioned happy that she found class that fits the small time period he’ll be home from tour.

“Wednesday nights from six to nine. The classes also go to each couples house.” Eloise told him.

“So we’ll be going to other people’s house for this?”

“Yes and the instructor will be there, I already have the stuff on the class list we’ll need.”

“Okay, so when do we host it?” Brian wasn’t so sure about having a group of strangers in his house.

“Two Wednesday from now. When I’m thirty weeks.” Eloise relaxed even more. She wondered how Brian would react to some of the things the guys would learn how to do.

“When’s the baby shower?” Brian asked after a couple moments of silence.

“Early May I think is when mom said they planned it.”

“Do we need to go and register stuff? We also need to plan the nursery now that we know it’s a girl.” He started ticking off. “We also need to get her a crib, changing table, stroller, high chair, car seat—”

“Well, we can just get James into a toddler’s bed and use his crib—”

“Ellie, all of those were given to you by your sister right?” Eloise sat up and nodded. “They were her boys?”

“Yes . . .”

“We’re getting new stuff for her okay? I’m going to spoil you and you’ll have no say in it.” Brian told her with a smug smiled. Eloise just rolled her eyes and relaxed back into him, there was no changing his mind on this.
♠ ♠ ♠
Only a few more chapters until baby Haner...

I was watching my subs and it kept going up and down just one subscriber. Does someone need Viagra?

anywho, Thanks to all Readers/Subs (ever close to 300)/commenters

Love ya!

Oh Oh! Wait . . . . I'm curious as to what I'll name the baby. In . . . two chapters some names will be brought up. I'm just wondering what names come across your mind and what I may actually use.