Status: Finished. No sequel.

Living On A Prayer

XLII

Brian’s eyes slowly opened as he heard a soft click echo throughout the room. Letting out a yawn, he sat up, stretching his muscles, and looked around the room. He saw that Eloise was propped up in her hospital bed, holding their baby girl in her arms. Getting out of the cot they had for fathers, Brian walked the few feet over to her bed.

“What time is it?” He asked quietly as he sat on the edge of the bed.

“A quarter till seven,” Eloise answered while she kept her eyes on her baby.

“Is she feeding good?”

“Yeah, she’s got a real firm latch, so hopefully we won’t have any problems.” Brian just sleepily nodded and laid down next to her. He had spent most of the night up with Liliana so Eloise could rest. “So, Liliana Grace?” Eloise asked, looking up at Brian with a smile.

“Uh, yeah . . . I know Ana was one of the names you liked, and I liked Lily so I just put them together and then we both liked the name Grace.” Brian rambled.

“Well,” Eloise started as Liliana pulled off and she handed the little girl to Brian. “I really like it; it’s unique and flows really nicely together.” Brian smiled as he patted Liliana’s back, burping her. “I already called our parents. Mine are coming by at seven thirty with James and then your parents and McKenna are coming around eight thirty with food for us.”

“Alright, did they say when you’ll be released?”

“If not today, then tomorrow morning.” Eloise answered while he watched Brian take care of their daughter like an old pro. “Can you check her diaper?”

“Uh, sure.” Brian turned Liliana around and looked at the strip going down the back of diaper and saw it was blue. “What does blue mean?”

“It’s dirty, so it’s time for you to change your first diaper and trust me, it’s a lot different than James’.” Brian rolled his eyes as he went over to where they had the things for him to change her diaper.

“So how long do they stay runny?”

“Awhile, they don’t eat anything to make their poop firm.” Eloise told him with a small chuckle. Brian shook his head as he finished changing the diaper and handed the baby back to his wife. “There’s a bathroom right there,” Brian nodded and turned to go wash his hands. “Oh little Liliana, your daddy is silly.” Eloise watched as her daughter start to fall asleep. All the memories of when she had James came to mind.

“Babe, the nurse just said your parents are here.” Brian told her as he sat back down and gave her kiss. “How are you feeling?”

“Just a little sore, but very, very happy.” She told him quietly, kissing him back.

“Didn’t you two just have a baby?” Isaac teased as they walked into the room.

“Mama! Daddy!” James wiggled his way out of his grandma’s arms and ran all the way over to Brian. He scooped up his son and hugged him, giving him a kiss on the forehead.

“You want to meet your baby sister?”

“Baby?” James looked over at him mom and saw the baby in her arms.

“Go on, go see her.” Brian set him on the bed, letting James crawl over to her.

“Say hi to your little sister James.” Eloise watched as James just sat there staring at the baby.

“Sissy?”

“Yes,” Eloise giggled as James leaned forward and kissed his little sister’s forehead. A flash went off making them all look over to her mother.

“She’s perfect you guys, what’d you name her?” Jane asked putting her camera away.

“Liliana Grace,” Brian told them. Isaac and Jane smiled at the name then Eloise handed Liliana to her grandpa.

“Defiantly has your nose Brian.” Isaac told them as he stared down at his first granddaughter. “I better go renew my gun permit.”

“I need to get more guns.” Brian told him somewhat serious.

“Oh boys stop it, she’ll be fine because she’ll be raised right and know that boys aren’t the most important thing.” Jane said as she took the baby from her husband. “But we are going to spoil her because she’ll most likely be my only granddaughter for a long time.”

“You never know Jane,” Isaac muttered as he sat down. Jane and Isaac stayed until the nurse phoned that Brian’s parents were there. Since there was a visitor’s limit, Jane and Isaac said their goodbyes and took James. A few minutes later Brian Senior, Suzy, McKenna walked into the room quietly. His dad was carrying a bag of food for them while Suzy and McKenna walked right over to where Junior was holding Liliana.

“Oh she is so perfect,” Suzy wiped her eyes as she sat down next to her step son. “Her name?”

“Liliana Grace,” Eloise told them as McKenna handed her a plate of food.

“Want to hold her?” Brian asked Suzy. “She’ll probably have to be fed soon but you still want to?”

“Of course.” Suzy gently took her granddaughter into her arms and smiled. “She’s defiantly a Haner.” She told them as she took in the baby’s features. “You want to hold her, Papa?”

“Yeah,” Brian Senior gently picked up his first grandchild and smiled.

“Are you crying dad?” McKenna and Brian both asked.

“Oh shut up, I know you probably did when she was born.”

“How are you guys going to tell the fans about her?” McKenna asked as her dad sat down on the hospital bed. Brian and Eloise just looked at each other then shrugged. “I say either you write out something on the bands website or have dad post a picture of her if he wanted to.”

“Those are great suggestions Kenna, we’ll think it over. I’m sure Papa would love announce it on his Facebook, Suzy too.” Eloise told them. A few minutes later, Brian Senior passed Liliana to McKenna. Suzy was snapping away with photos as was Brian Senior. When a nurse came in, Suzy handed off the camera so they could all take a photo together.

“Alright we better go, she’s probably hungry. Call us when you guys are heading home, okay?” Suzy told them as she hugged her step son tightly.

“Call if you guys need anything!” Once all of them left, Brian laid out on the bed next to Eloise as she started to feed their daughter. He rested his head against her shoulder and stared down at their little girl. Gently Brian grabbed Liliana’s left hand and rubbed it, he smiled as her finger’s wrapped around one of his.
♠ ♠ ♠
Had this all set and ready to post last night, hit submit, and the hotel internet kicked me off and wouldn't let me get back on.... -_- ...... only 3 chapters left.

thanks to all readers/subs/commenters

remember to check out the upcoming stories!