Status: Finished. No sequel.

Living On A Prayer

VI

Eloise sighed as she rubbed her forehead as she graded the recent test she had given. Glancing up she saw McKenna lying on the floor playing with James. She was grateful that McKenna had agreed to watch her son so she could catch up on her grading.

McKenna glanced over her shoulder seeing Eloise biting her lip as she went through papers. She knew what Val was up to; even her brother told her what Val had said. McKenna completely agrees with Val but had her own way of getting them together.

“So, my brother said Val mentioned something about you and him . . .”

“McKenna, please don’t start. Val’s been on me about it for the last four days.” Eloise pleaded to the teenager she saw as a younger sister.

“But you and my brother would be so cute together!” McKenna exclaimed while James crawled over her lap.

“But he’s a rock star Kenna, I’m just a Sunday Church going teacher and a single mother.”
McKenna sat there staring at Eloise with a pout.

“Bubba loves kids . . . and just cause he’s a rock star doesn’t mean anything.” She mumbled running her hands through James light blonde hair.

Eloise sighed and got up before she took a seat next to McKenna on the floor. “Why are you pushing this?”

“Well, he needs someone like you Eloise. He’s so down like, I haven’t seen him like this since Jimmy passed away and even then he had Michelle and all the guys to lean on but now . . . all he really has is dad because dad is the only one who knows what he’s going through, for the most part.”

“Okay, if he ever ask me out, and I doubt he will. Then I will give him a chance.” McKenna squealed as she hugged Eloise. “But, if he doesn’t then we are to never talk about this again.”

“It’s a deal!” Eloise shook her head as she stood up and went into the kitchen. “Well James, looks like you might have a new daddy.”

“Gaba!” McKenna just chuckled as she turned the TV onto Yo Gaba Gaba.

***

Smiling as she waved bye to Eloise and James, McKenna skipped her way down to Brian’s car with a smile.

“What’s got you grinning?” Brian asked as he pulled away from the curb.

“Oh nothing . . .” McKenna just smiled as she watched the scenery pass. “So, what do you think of Eloise?”

Brian glanced over at his sister with a curious look. “Why do you want to know monster?”

“You don’t think she’s pretty?”

“No, it’s not that. She’s very pretty but . . . why are you asking?” Brian asked he parked in front of his dad’s house.

“Well, I was just thinking you and her would look cute together.” McKenna mumbled just like she did with Eloise. Brian looked at his sister then started laughing.

“Oh god you’ve been talking to Val.” Brian muttered. “Look like I told Val, I’m not ready.”

“How do you know though?!” McKenna exclaimed as she crossed her arms over her chest. “Just get out there and try!”

“What if it doesn’t work?”

“What if it does?” McKenna countered with a smirk. “Please just ask her out once and if she says no then I won’t bug you about it anymore.”

Brian rolled his back and groaned. “Fine, I’ll ask her out on one date and if she says no, then this conversation will never happen again.”

“Deal.” McKenna kissed her brothers cheek then got out of his car. “See you later bubba! Good luck!” Brian just waved as he watched his sister get into the house. McKenna leaned against the front door with a permanent smile.

“What’s with the smile Kenna?” Suzy asked as she and Brian Senior watched TV.

“Oh, nothing . . . I’m just a genius.”

Brian Senior let out a laugh while Suzy sat there watching their daughter dart up the stairs. “I swear she is too much like you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to all readers/subscribers/commenters!
You guys are seriously amazing, gained 17 subs with the last chapter!

I love ya'll.


Image

Love to know your thoughts.