Enchanted

Confrontation Pt. 2

Alex shouted the killing curse at her opponent and was suddenly aware that there was noise everywhere. She couldn’t figure out where it came from until she saw the Death Eaters in battles of their own. Then she started to recognize the people. It seemed as though she was not alone anymore, and that made her relax, although barely.

Demetria was clearly pissed, and it didn’t help Alex any. “No!”

Alex smirked as she heard her friends and family battling around her. It gave her strength to know that they were there, and that if anything happened to her, they could finish the fight.

Suddenly on either side of her, a Death Eater came up beside her, battling someone. She didn’t dare turn away from Demetria, but soon enough she found out who it was. On her left, Bill was battling a man twice his size, and on her right Bill fought with a woman, hell-bent on avenging her former master’s death.

“What are you lot doing here?” She shouted as she sent multiple curses at Demetria.

Charlie grunted. “Saving your stupid ass.”

She sighed. She had expected that if she got out of their alive, he would be pissed. He had a right to be, she knew, and although it killed her to have him mad at her, she understood why he was.

Just as quickly, Charlie took down his opponent and ran to find another one to destroy or overpower. She didn’t glance at Bill, but she knew he must be angry too. She was sure that everyone was.

As she fought Demetria, Alex began to grow worried. If they couldn’t win this battle, there would be Hell to pay.

“Rictusempra!” She shouted at Demetria and watched at she flew backward many feet.

Taking a second to quickly glance around the room, she saw her friends and family all fighting to help her. On the far side of the room, she saw Percy and Ginny fighting back a Death Eater. Near them, she knew Lupin, Tonks, Sirius, James and Lily were doing the same. Around herself, she was aware of Bill and Charlie again, as well as Harry, Ron, Hermione, and many other members of the Order. She silently prayed that by some miracle they did not lose anyone in their fight.

Alex listened behind her as the woman stood and flew back at her. She stood her ground as curses flew her way and her chest filled with fear. This could be it. She waited for Demetria to get closer before she whipped around.

“Expelliarmus!” The wand flew out of her hand. “Avada Kedavra!”

Suddenly there was silence in the room as Demetria’s face became like stone and paled. Her body went rigid and after a moment, fell to the floor, all light drained from her eyes.

Alex stood, and stared at the body on the ground. Immediately, black smoke filled the room once more and many Death Eaters ran again, not wanting to be put in the same spot they were after the last war.

She heard her family run forward and suddenly two arms wrapped around her. “My baby.”

She hugged Lily back, but her mind was still reeling from the night’s events. She had just killed Demetria. She went from surely dying, to winning the battle. After both her parents had hugged her and made sure she was truly unharmed, her eyes flew up to the person running at her. Charlie grabbed her and pulled her closely to his chest, wrapping his arms tightly around her.

“Don’t ever do that again.”

All she could do was nod, and melt into his embrace.