Enchanted

The Wedding

Alex stared in the mirror as Fleur’s hands flitted with her dark hair. She sat patiently, smiling the whole time. She couldn’t believe that after everything that happened, she was finally getting to marry Charlie and officialy become Alexandra Weasley.

Once Fleur was done with her hair, Ginny came in, carrying Alex’s dress. She had managed to whip up a dress, surprisingly, and it was finally time to change. She glanced out the window and saw Bill, Ron, Harry, and the twins raising tents and putting chairs in their proper places for the ceremony.

Never breaking her smile, she turned to her soon-to-be sister-in-law. Ginny, already dressed in her blue dress, smiled. “I can’t believe it! We’re going to be sisters!”

They hugged and eventually Alex was standing in front of the mirror, Ginny behind her, admiring the dress. It wasn’t zipped up in the back, leaving room for her to breath for a bit, yet it looked beautiful all the same.

“You look beautiful, Alex.” Ginny told her as she watched the woman’s eyes sparkle.

“Thank you.” There was a knock on the door and when Ginny answered it, they saw Harry, Lily, and James standing there.

After smiling at Harry and winking at Alex, Ginny left the family alone. They walked in and Lily kissed her daughter’s cheek. “You are stunning, my baby girl.”

She smiled. “Thank you.”

James kissed her forehead and stared at his daughter. “You look exactly like your mother.”

She laughed and when she hugged Harry, she saw Lily and James glance at each other. “What is it?”

James sighed and Alex’s heart gripped with the truth. “You’re leaving.” It wasn’t a question.

They nodded solemnly and Lily’s eyes filled with tears. “I am so sorry. We have to go back. We helped you with your journey and now we must go. I am only sorry it fell on your big day.”

Alex’s filled with tears as Harry stood next to her. “You have to leave now? But we barely got any time together!”

James smiled sadly. “I know, son. But this is how things work in our world. We are truly sorry, but we love that we got to know you and got to spend some time with you and the people you love.”

James and Lily both hugged their children, pain gripping their hearts.

Alex stopped him. “Can we take one quick picture?”

He smiled and nodded. “Of course my child.”

She nodded and hurried to get the camera. Setting it on a dresser, she magically set it to take the picture in one minute.

They all held each other and the light flashed quickly. As soon as she could see again, she felt the room was emptier. When she looked, her parents where gone. Looking at Harry, she knew they felt the same way. Neither could believe that they had just gotten their parents back, only to have them taken away again.

Harry hugged his sister tightly. “I miss them already.” She whispered.

He nodded. “Me too. But you cannot let this ruin your day. They wouldn’t want that.”

She sighed and wiped away her tears. “I know. And we still have Lupin and Sirius. They can tell us anything we want to know.”

Harry chuckled. “That they can.”

She smiled and a few minutes later, Harry left her by herself, searching for Ginny. He needed someone to comfort him now, and she was the perfect one for that. Alex looked at herself in the mirror again and felt tears prick her eyes again. Suddenly the door opened and she heard someone enter.

“Alex. I spoke to your dad a few minutes ago and he told me I would be useful up here right around this time.” Bill spoke.

She turned to face him, and he saw her tears. “What happened?”

She sniffled. “They’re gone, Bill.”

He held her tight. “I am so sorry.” he waited a moment for her to compose herself before wiping her tears. “What are you going to do?”

She took a deep breath. “We are gong on as planned.”

He stared at her. “Are you sure? Everyone would understand…”

She shook her head. “We are going on as planned. My parents would want that.”

He nodded. “You are such a strong person…I hope you know that.”

She smiled at him. “Thanks Bill.”

He turned to leave, but she stopped him. “Do you mind?” She motioned to the back of her dress and he smiled.

Walking to her again, he gently zipped up her dress and when she turned to face him, he smiled. “You really do look gorgeous, Alex. I know everyone has probably been telling you that, and everyone else will later, but I want you to know that this sight in front of me really is breathtaking.”

She let a few more tears fall and he smiled, wiping them away. “Thanks, Bill.” Then she looked up at him. “Bill….you know I love you right?”

He stared at her, and nodded. “Yeah…you’re my best friend.”

She smiled. “I need to ask you something.”

He was growing nervous. “Okay? Shoot.”

She paused. “Would you do me the honor of giving me away?”

He stared at her, his eyes shocked. “Are-really? You want me to give you away? What about your brother?”

She shook her head. “I love my brother, but you truly are one of the most important people in my life and I need your support today. So…?”

He smiled. “Of course I will.”

She laughed and looking out the window, they saw that everyone had pretty much taken their seats. Bill held his arm out and she took it gently in her hand, and together they walked down to start the rest of her life.