Enchanted

Celebration

After the ceremony ended, and their guests were enjoying the music, dancing, and alcohol, Alex slipped out of the tent to catch some fresh air. The night was cool, and it felt good to her. She felt two arms wrap around her and she leaned her head back into him.

“I love you.” Charlie whispered.

She smiled contently, and rested a hand on his arm. “I love you too.”

“I promise I will never leave you. No matter what I will always be here.”

She nodded. “I know.”

They stood in silence for a few more minutes, listening to the music that was blasting loudly from the tent. They stared up at the stars, and Charlie held his new wife.

“I am sorry about your parents.”

She didn’t respond, and he held her tighter. “How are you feeling?”

She shrugged. In the days leading up to the wedding, after the battle, the effects of the Cruciatus Curse had taken a bit out of her, though she insisted she was fine. “Tired.” She turned to face him, wrapping her arms around his neck. “But happy.” She smiled.

He kissed her, wrapping his arms around her waist. “Well maybe we should retire soon. They don’t need us here all night to party with them.”

She smirked. “You just want to take advantage of me, don’t you Charlie Weasley?”

He chuckled. “Yes…that is my only purpose being with you.”

She shook her head. “You better be nice to me, Charlie. Now that we are officially married, I have so much more power of you.”

He cocked his head. “Oh yeah? How so?”

She grinned. “Do you really want to find out?”

He smiled. “I am guessing the answer is no, so no.”

She nodded. “Good boy.”

They stood together once more, staring up at the stars. Charlie wrapped a hand around her waist, feeling her breath behind it. The past few weeks had been scary, and there were so many moments that he almost lost her. He couldn’t believe they had finally made it to this day, and his dreams had all come true.

As if nothing could make this day better, Alex leaned into him and smiled. “I have a wedding present for you.”

He looked down at her. “You do? But I didn’t get you anything.”

She shook her head. “That’s alright.” She grinned. “Your mom and I figured something out today.”

He watched her. “Okay…? What does this have to do with my gift?”

She watched his face carefully. “This isn’t a usual gift, babe.” She paused. “Charlie…I’m pregnant.”

“But you were sick and you were tortured?” he was worried.

She smiled again. “I got checked out. The baby’s fine.”

He immediately kissed her. “We just got married and now we will be parents? This really is the best day of my life, and it is all because of you, Alexandra Potter.”

She put a finger on his lips. “That’s Alexandra Weasley now.”