Enchanted

The Burrow

In the kitchen of the small Weasley house, Charlie and George looked at each other when they heard her scream. “Looks like she found her surprise.”

Back in the living room, Alex ran forward and hugged her friend. “Arwen! I can’t believe you’re here!”

She laughed. “I know! But after everything that has happened recently, there is nowhere I would rather be.” she smiled but they both had pain behind her eyes.

Alex sighed and Arwen glared at her. “Charlie knows, doesn’t he?”

Alex bit her lip. “Uh….yeah.” Arwen gave her a look. “He figured it out!”

“Yeah…sure.”

Despite the secret blown, they both laughed and walked into the kitchen. When Alex saw George and Charlie talking, it pained her. Ever since she had met the Weasley’s, when she hung out with Bill and Charlie at school, every time she had seen one of the twins…they were together. It hurt not to have Fred there, joking around with them.

With the holiday quickly approaching, everyone knew it was going to be a rough couple of weeks. However, Alex was glad that she and Charlie got to spend a bit more time with the family than originally planned.

Alex went and sat next to Charlie, and smiled at George. “You know you look like a friend of mine.”

He raised an eyebrow at her. “Oh?”

She nodded. “Yeh. Except…you couldn’t be him. Because my friend would have hugged me by now and…well you haven’t done that.”

George laughed and shook his head. “You are one impossible girl, Alexandra Potter.” They hugged and suddenly they heard footsteps coming down the stairs.

“You’re here!” Molly shouted, arms wide open, as she entered the room.

Charlie hugged his mother and kissed her cheek. “Hey Mum. Looking as good as ever.”

She smiled and patted his cheek. “Always a kiss-up.” Then she turned to Alex. “My dear, how are you feeling? Charlie told us what happened.”

Alex glared at her fiancé before smiling back at Molly. “I am fine, Molly. Honest. Charlie likes to overreact to certain situations.” She saw her soon-to-be mother-in-law preparing what looked to be their dinner. “Can I help you with anything?”

Molly smiled. “No dear, don’t over exert yourself. We want everyone healthy and happy for the holiday.” Alex could see the slight pain in her eyes, yet she pushed through it.

Alex sighed and blew a piece of hair out of her face. “Really, I am fine. But I wish everyone would stop babying me. I am an adult…I know how to take care of myself.”

“Haven’t proved it yet…” Charlie muttered under his breath.

Arwen smacked her forehead and shook her head. “Idiot needs to learn how to whisper better…”

Alex stared open-mouthed at him. “I cannot believe you just said that.”

He was about to speak when the door opened and Bill and Fleur walked in, carrying their young daughter, Victoire. Thankful for the distraction, Alex grinned. She stood and kissed Fleur on the cheek, then moved on and hugged Bill.

“What are you guys doing here? I thought you didn’t come for a few days.” Bill asked quickly, shocked, but happy.

Alex smiled. She hadn’t seen Bill for some time, and he was the first one to befriend her at Hogwarts…even if she was a few years younger than him. She always found him the easiest to talk to, and even after he moved to Egypt, she knew he cared.

“We took a few extra days to spend time with the family. We don’t see you lot nearly enough and I feel just terrible about it.” She explained quickly, before anyone else in the room could say anything about the true reason.

“Oh don’t be silly dear.” Molly faced her oldest son. “Poor Alex has been feeling ill, so they came here to relax.”

“I am not ill!”

Bill turned to her. “Why don’t we take a walk, and you can tell me why you are not ill.” he said in a worried, but teasing tone.

She raised her eyebrow at his joke, but sighed. “Fine. If it gets me away from this git, then I will gladly go.”

She walked out and Bill and Fleur glanced at the rest of the room. Arwen laughed. “You’re brother is an idiot who needs to learn to whisper better when talking about his fiancé.”

Bill nodded, and after glancing at Fleur and his daughter, followed his friend outside. He had a feeling this was going to be an interesting talk.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long awaited update! It has been forever! That will not happen again. I have a lot written for this now. So enjoy!