Enchanted

The Story

“What story?” Ginny asked quickly.

Alex laughed. “Oh my God I cannot believe we are going to tell this story.”

Arwen shrugged. “We might as well.”

George nodded. “Yes. Best. Night. Ever.”

“Well tell us already!” Ron shouted impatiently.

They laughed. Alex sighed. “Alright since I am probably the only one of us who remembers the most of what happened, I will tell it.”

“With some delightful commentary by us, of course.” George piped up.

She rolled her eyes. “Alright well it was my last Christmas holiday at Hogwarts, and I had spent all of my time hanging around with this lot since Charlie and Bill had left. Amazingly, most of Gryffindor had gone home for the holiday, so Arwen and I were alone in the common room. Pretty much everyone had gone to bed and we were sitting in front of the fire. All of a sudden the painting swings open and in come Fred and George. They had snuck down to the kitchens and convinced the house elves to give them a few bottles of butter beer.”

“We also convinced them to let us decorate the Gryffindor common room.” George grinned.

“Yeh…they did. Anyway, they told us that they had found a bunch of lights and decorations that we could hang all around. Then they opened the bottles and Arwen jumps from the couch. Basically within an hour, they were completely gone.”

“Oh don’t act like a saint! You were so plastered too!” Arwen shouted.

Alex closed her eyes and sighed. “Oh yes. I forgot about that part.” She blushed. “Anyway, Arwen decided she wanted to hang the lights the muggle way. So she climbs up on top of the fireplace, don’t ask me how, and tries to hang them. Of course, she falls off and hurts herself.”

“Not fun.” Arwen nodded.

George laughed. “But really funny.”

Alex smiled at her friends. “Yes…really funny. Basically, she is there bleeding on the ground, the twins and I were laughing, and being head girl I knew I had to do something.”

“Oh this ending has to be good.” Ron chuckled.

“It is.” They laughed.

“With the twins involved, let me guess…you guys got caught?” Bill smirked.

“Yes. They did.”

Everyone turned to see Percy standing there, serious, but a slight smirk on his face.

Alex grinned up at him. “Of course, Percy decided to come down and find out what the commotion and ruckus was all about. He saw Arwen on the ground, the twins laughing, and me and blew up.”

“What did you say Perce?” Charlie joked.

Alex laughed. “Something about blah blah blah irresponsible. Blah blah blah head girl. Blah blah blah.” she nodded. “yeah I think that covers everything we heard him say.”

“Wow you guys are nuts.” Hermione laughed.

“Wait the story isn’t over.” George smiled.

Percy nodded. “Of course not. Basically, while I was yelling the Fat Lady got annoyed. She went and fetched Professor McGonagall and she was very unhappy.”

“Oh shut up and stop lying, Perce!” Alex laughed. “She laughed about it. Well…she wasn’t pleased about us getting drunk and Arwen getting injured, but after that blew over it was quite comical.”

“But of course, Percy had to be a git about it.” George glanced at his brother.

“I was following the rules! Something our Head Girl should have been doing already.” he defended himself.

Alex rolled her eyes. “Yeah whatever. We all got five points taken, but McGonagall had a good laugh about it for a while.”

“Yeh that was the best holiday ever. I just wish Fred were still around to enjoy the memory.” George stated quietly.

The room grew silent and Arwen squeezed Alex’s hand. Sitting there, staring at the hurt faces of those around her, Alex sighed. She knew what she could do to relieve their pain, but how would she pull it off without Molly or someone noticing?

“Fred will always be here.” Ginny stated after many moments.

They nodded. “Of course. As long as we are all laughing and pranking and having fun, he will never really leave us.”

Alex smiled and squeezed her friend’s hand back. It was four days until the holiday and she intended to give them the best one yet.