Enchanted

The Miracle

The next day was a busier one for the occupants of the Burrow. There were only three days until Christmas and everyone was trying to prepare for the holiday. Molly, Fleur, Victoire, Ginny, and Hermione all went into Diagon Alley for some last minute shopping, Arthur, Percy, and Bill had to go to work, as did George. Harry, Charlie, and Ron decided that they would play chess in the living room, and Alex laid in bed. She waited until she knew they were engrossed in the game before she climbed out, fully clothed.

Slowly, she crept down the stairs and took a deep breath. Glancing at the boys playing chess, she slowly walked around the other rooms, and slipped out the front door. Quickly, she trudged through the heavy snow, towards the field behind their broom shed.

Once she arrived there, she took a deep breath, glancing back at the Burrow. This was it. It was now or never. She knew that she probably shouldn’t do it, but she felt she had to choice.

Closing her eyes, she stood among the falling snow, not moving a muscle.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A few hours later, when the group was sitting down to dinner and everyone was rushing to the table, Charlie looked around.

“Is someone missing?”

“You mean other than Fred?”

There was an awkward pause as they thought about it, but Charlie sighed. Suddenly the door opened.

“Did someone say my name?”

Their heads whipped up and sure enough, there was Fred. Arthur immediately jumped up and grabbed him. “Who are you and why are you playing this sick joke?”

“Dad really…it’s me, Fred. I‘ll prove it.”

George stood, his wand out. “Who was your long-time girlfriend during our years at Hogwarts.”

“Arwen Estyll.”

“I knew it wasn’t him! Wrong answer buddy.” Arthur started but George lowered his wand.

“Dad…it’s him.” he paused. “He and Arwen dated up until he died.”

Suddenly everyone ran forward and hugged him. Molly was bawling.

“My baby, oh my baby. I can’t believe it!”

Everyone hugged him for what seemed like hours before he finally got his personal space back. George wouldn’t leave his side.

“What I don’t understand is…how did I come back here?” Fred asked, obviously confused.

Suddenly Charlie looked around. “Oh my God.”

He raced upstairs, and a moment later he rushed back down. “Where’s Alex?”

Everyone looked around before Charlie threw open the door, looking out into the snow.

“Charlie!” Bill shouted. “She’s in the snow.”

He pushed past his brother and grabbed his fiancé. Once he got back to the door, Bill helped them get her upstairs before Molly rushed in to help.

“She is extremely ill. She should not have used these powers!” She shouted and she tried to heal her soon-to-be daughter.

After a while, Alex lay in bed, a raging fever and slight frostbite gripping her body. She was unconscious and Charlie wouldn’t leave her side.

He didn’t even look up when the doorknob turned. “How is she doing?” Bill asked quietly.

Charlie shrugged. “Not well. She doesn’t have to go to St. Mungo’s right away. It may only make it worse. But I am just so…worried.”

Bill nodded. He understood completely. He hated seeing his best friend and almost sister sick like that. “I am staying tonight. You and I are not leaving this room.”

“Bill…”

“Stop. She is my best friend. And you will need company. I am staying. Fleur and Victoire have already gone home.” he argued.

Charlie just nodded. “I so want to go talk to Fred…but I just can’t leave her.”

Bill nodded this time. “I know. And so does he. He is worried that it is his fault. I just can’t believe he is alive.”

“I know! How can this day have brought so much joy yet so much pain?” Charlie muttered.

The older of the two shrugged. “I don’t know, brother. But until she wakes up, I think we can just relax and wait.”

Back downstairs, Fred sighed. “I have another confession.”

They glanced at him. “When I woke up outside…I wasn’t alone.”

Harry, who was worried about his sister, glanced up. “Who else?”

“Have you forgotten about us already?”

Standing in the doorway were Tonks, Lupin, and Sirius. Harry rushed to them and nearly cried.

“The only way this day could get any better is if Alex could wake up!” Harry smiled.

“Well…it could get better in another way.” Sirius smiled.

Harry looked confused and when Sirius and Lupin moved, he nearly fainted on spot.