Enchanted

Another Prophecy

Back at the Burrow a little while later, everyone was gathered in the tiny living room. James and Lily saw across from Charlie and Alex, who were sitting in chairs near the fire. Harry was standing behind his parents, Ginny next to him. Ron and Hermione had taken a spot on the ground in front of the couch, which was taken by Percy, George, Fred (with Arwen on his lap), and Fleur. Standing beside his wife, Bill watched his family closely. In another chair, Molly sat with Arthur standing behind her, his hand on her shoulder. Sirius, Lupin, and Tonks were standing on the far wall, watching the scene.

“Ok then…we are here. Explain what the Hell is happening to me?” Alex asked.

James sighed. “Your mother and I have been watching you and your brother ever since our death that night in Godric’s Hollow. As parents, you never really stop worrying about your children, even after death. Death…it’s weird. But as we were watching over you, we came across some others with rumors.”

“What kind of rumors?” Charlie asked quickly.

“Things about Voldemort that no one knew. He was married.” Lily stated.

“You have got to be bloody kidding me!” Alex shouted, and Charlie squeezed her hand, then put his other hand on the small of her back to calm her.

“It is shocking, I know.” James sighed once more. “He kept her away from most everything he did, although she knew and is just as evil as he is. And now that her husband is dead, she wants revenge.”

There was silence for a moment before Ginny spoke. “So how do we keep Harry safe this time? She’ll surely come after him soon for her revenge.”

Lily smiled sadly at the young girl. “If only that were the case.” She turned to her eldest child. “She is coming after you, Alexandra.”

Alex’s gasp hitched in her throat and her gaze became glassy for a moment. “What?” She whispered.

James nodded. “I know. But there is a reason for it.” he glanced at Lily and she nodded.

She had pain etched on her features as she took a deep breath, putting a hand over the young couple’s grasp. “There was another prophecy made. But this time if was for you and her.”

“It is like the one of Harry and Voldemort. It states that the two of you will duel and one of you will live, while the other does not.”

Charlie’s grip unconsciously got tighter on her hand, and only Lily seemed to notice. She smiled slightly at the young couple. “I know it is a lot to take in. But this could mean the difference of good and evil again. Many of his followers are not backing Demetria. That is her name…Demetria Riddle.”

Alex took a shaky breath, flashbacks of her nightmares coming to her in rapid scenes in her mind. She looked up at her parents. “What does she look like?”

James watched her. “Since you have brought us back, we have managed to acquire a photograph of her.” he pulled out the paper, and Alex’s heart was beating out of her chest. She had to know if this was the woman in her dreams.

She grabbed the paper from her father and after hesitating only a moment, slowly turned the sheet over to see the picture. The moment she did she dropped it to the floor, and ran out of the house, into the snow. She promptly emptied the contents of her stomach onto the once-beautiful snow, as the visions filling her head and the fears filling her heart became true.

She felt her hair being pulled back and a rough hand rubbing her back. “Shh…it’s okay. You’re going to be okay.”

Her coughing turned into sobs and Charlie pulled his love close. “I will not let anything happen to you, do you hear me? We will get through this, you will kill her, and we will be married with our own babies.”

She cried into his shoulder, taking in his warmth on her ice cold skin. He kissed her head, and held her. He was aware of Bill standing in the doorway, yet he knew his brother wouldn’t move from that spot--he was only there to make sure his best friend and brother were okay.

Charlie nodded at him and pushed Alex away, taking her tear-stained face in his hands. “We are going to Shell Cottage…tonight. It will be safer there. Then we will figure out what to do.”

She nodded, her eyes closed, and he took her hand, dragging her slowly back to the house.