Don't Say you love me, it's too late

Things could be worse...

I was dreaming away when my mother stormed in.

“You can start at the factory I work, it”s 1,5 franks a day, not much, but it”s something.”

“What?” I asked, was she serious about this?!
“you can work at the laundry, it”s a good job.”

she didn”t get it... I could work as a secretary for a lot more money.
“Mum, we talked about this before, I”m not going to that!” I said but she took my arm and pinched it furiously.
“You are NOT going to work at that place, they are only going to abuse you and make you a whore!” She hissed.
I pulled my arm out of her grasp.
“You”re just jealous.” I said, but that was wrong from me to say, I knew my mother has a good will, she wants to protect me...

“No, I have my dignity.” She said and walked out of the room, my little sister who was laying in the bed next me had heard our entire conversation.
“Whore.” She whispered.
I jumped up and took her by her hair.
“What was that?” I asked her, she screamed.
“You whore! mother does everything for you and you”re still not happy!” she screamed and tried to kick me. but I was a lot stronger.
“Whatever! I deserve better.” I said and let go of her. She was crying.
“spoiled brat.” she said, but I didn”t care anymore. Maybe she was right.

Next day I had to get up early to work in the factory. it couldn”t be that bad?
We went there on foot, which was very hard, I was already tired when I got there and I still had a whole day ahead of me.
In the factory it”s self was even harder.
beside the hard work, there was this boss who kept on touching me. everytime I had to pick something up he rubbed himself against me.
At the end of the day I couldn”t stand it anymore so I gave him a slap in his face.
“You slut!” He screamed, everyone was looking at us, including my mother, who was silently crying.

When we got back home, there was a cold war between us.
“Fired after one day.” she muttered.
“He was touching me, what else did I had to do?!” I screamed, I couldn”t take it anymore.
“You let it happen when one of your rich boys do it!” She screamed.
I was insulted, that never happened! they”re just friends.
“You had to say he had to stop and he would have, He”s a man!” my mother said further but I didn”t listen anymore. I stood up and went upstairs.
My sister was my room and was laughing.
“I knew you were a whore!” She said, I punched her in the face.
“I saw you last night sneaking out to that boy, so who will be first pregnant?” I said smiling and took the little things I had. Some money, and my lucky charm daddy gave to me when I was a little girl.

He always brought presents with him when he came back from a journey. He was a sailor, and that”s how he died... on sea. There was a terrible storm and he didn”t survive.

Mother didn”t said a thing when I left, she was staring at the window.
I stepped out of the door and went to Richard. He was my best friend, he would help me.
After 5 minutes I arrived at his house. He was living ina beautiful house at the most expensive part of the city.
I knocked on his door and a butler opened it, he looked at me disgusted.
“No Beggars.” He said polite but I stopped him.
“I”m here for Mister Richard.” I said. “Tell him, Jane”s here.”
The butler sighed and went back in, a few seconds later Richard opened the door.
He was a good looking gentleman with brown curly hair and dark brown eyes.
“What brings you here?” he asked smiling. He had a huge crush on me since the very first day he saw me.
“I need your help! my mother has gone crazy.” I said, he let me in.
“What happened?” He asked worried. So I told him the whole story about what happened in the factory and my sister.

“I could help you.” He said but I could see on his face he was doubting.
“What? please tell me!” I said desperate.
“I have a friend in Paris, he could give you a job.” He said. I was sold when he said the word Paris.
I sighed.
“Paris is my dream.” I whispered. But I could see on his face that”s not what he wanted to hear.
“I will sent him a letter first thing tommorow, in the meantime, you could stay here.” He said, but I refused the offer.
“No thanks, I leave to Paris. There I could rebuild a live. I”m not going to stay here in Belgium.” I said and stood up.
“Where can I find your friend?” I asked.
“He lives in the Rue faubourg de saint-honoré, but what if he doesn”t want to help you?”
“I will find a way.” I said and stood up and walked out of the door.
I didn”t even said goodbye from Richard, I was so exciting.
First thing I would do is taking the next train to Paris.