Don't Say you love me, it's too late

Breaking hearts

I jumped up to hug him.

“I”m guessing you”re happy to see me.” He said smiling and gave me a little kiss on my cheek.

In the corner of my eye I saw Toulouse.

“I am! I”m so happy to see a familiar face.” I said and pulled him in to my room.

Richard looked around in my room.

“This is awful.” He whispered and took both of my hand.

“I have been thinking about this since the first time I met you.” He began, but inside of me already knew what he was going to say… Now I know what Tom wanted to say.

I placed my finger on his lips.

“Don”t.” I whispered.

“Why?”

“It”s not right.”

He sighed. “How do you know? I can give you everything you”ve ever wanted.” He said while he pinched my arm furiously.

“That”s not what I want!” I yelled, he let go of my arm.

“I could have given you the world, maybe even more, …” but I didn”t let him speak any further.

“You know, MY love doesn”t cost a thing, money isn”t everything and I DON”T love you.”

I Think I broke his heart…
“Don”t expect anything from me anymore.” He said, walked out of the door and slammed it.

Maybe I should have been nicer?
It was too late now; I just lost my best friend… Even if he gave me the world, the moon and all the stars, I would have never been happy with him because I can”t fall in love with him, he was just a friend.

Again someone knocked on my door, I opened it and saw Toulouse.

“I heard yelling.” He said innocent. He made me smile again.

“That was my best friend, who proposed to me and I said no.”

“Oow, That”s saw, why did you do that?” He asked, while he was smiling.

“Because I don”t love him and then he tried to buy me but you know, love doesn”t cost a thing.”

Maybe I was kind of referring to prostitutes who sold theirs.

He nodded. “I agree with that.” He said a bit sad.

“O and I lost my job.” I said to make him forget the thing I just said.

“How?”

“My best friend is also a good friend of my boss.”

“Maybe he isn”t that mad, a real friend wouldn”t do that.”

How does he do that? He always brightens my day…

“Anyway, come tonight to a little party I”m giving at my place.” He said while he walked out of the door.

“8 o”clock.”

I could only nod.

Maybe I”m rushing it? I only know him for a few days… but it seems like I”ve known him forever.

I never believed in love at first sight, but this was it.

So I put on a nice dress I took with me from Toms shop, and some make-up I had with me.

I walked upstairs and I knocked on his door.

“You”re early.” He said but he clearly didn”t mind. So I walked in.

“Are there going to be a lot of people?” I asked, I was a bit nervous meeting a lot of people.

“No just a few good friends.” He answered and offered me something to drink.

I took the glass that contained the same substance in it as the night before.

After a while a few people had entered the room, one guy draw my attention… or was it the alcohol?

So I walked over to him, because he was already staring at me for a while.

“Hello, my name is Jane Peters, you are?” I asked.

“My name is Maurice Joyant; I”m a friend of Toulouse. You are…?”

“I live downstairs here.”

Suddenly something weird happened… Toulouse fainted. I saw it happen in the corner of my eyes. He was holding a bottle of that drink. No one else noticed it, except for me. I ran towards him and took him in my arms.

“Oh, what do we have to do?” I asked his friend who had followed me.

“I”ll get some water.” He said.

I sat there, trying to hold my tears.