Don't Say you love me, it's too late

Men who don't know their limits

Maurice ran towards me with a glass of water.

“Let”s hope for the best.” He said and put a little water into Toulouse his mouth.

He began to cough.

I was so happy when he opened his eyes. He looked confused around him.

“What did just happen?” He asked surprisingly.

I couldn”t hold myself anymore I began to hug him while tears were pouring down.

“I thought you were death.” I said, he shook his head and laughed.

“I takes a lot more to kill me, but I”m flattered by your concerns.” He said and whipped of the tears of my face.

I was surprised of the fact that not many people had noticed… probably the alcohol.

I decided to go to bed, it was late and I was going to see tomorrow if I really did lost my job.

So I said goodbye to everyone, gave a kiss to Toulouse.

I was still scared to leave him behind, what if it happens again and no one notices?

But I can”t stay here forever and take care of him as if I was his mother…

So with fear in my heart I left the room and went to bed, but I slept restless.

The whole night I saw the incident before me only worse.

The next morning I woke up again with a knock on my door.

There he was again, Toulouse.

I felt calm again. He was okay.

“Had a good night?” He asked me I saw he brought me breakfast again. He”s too sweet.

“Could be better, I have a bad feeling about my job.” I lied; I didn”t wanted to sound like some concerned mother.

“You are probably worrying for nothing, besides, if you lose your job, I will help you out.”

We both sat down and I prepared a little sandwich.

“Say, what do you think of Maurice? I saw you talking to him last night.” He asked me, I felt him becoming uncomfortable.

“Oh he seems like a nice guy, didn”t really talk to him for a long time, short after he introduced him self to me you fainted.”

Toulouse was very silent now, not usual for him.

“What happened?” I asked.

“I think I had too much to drink.” He answered shortly; he probably didn”t wanted to talk about it.

So I changed the subject, asked him what he had in mind for me.

“I don”t know yet, I”ll think about it.” He said and gently took my hand.

“But I”ll promise, I won”t turn you in to a prostitute, unless you want it yourself.”

I laughed.

“I can assure this, I would never do that.” With that, he smiled.

“I heard that so much but you know, you have to look them with different eyes.” There was so much warmth in his voice; it made me feel so fragile.

After a while I realised I had to go, so I kissed him goodbye and left.

I arrived at the shop and walked in, instead of Tom there was a woman inside.

“How can I help you?” She asked me polite.

“I work here. Mister Vervoort hired me.”

She looked at me disgusted.

“He did? And what did you have to do?”

“Wrapping of clothes and put them in boxes.”

She sighed.

“Okay, you can start your work.” She said annoyed and went upstairs, probably to ask her husband why he hired a woman without her permission.

So I started working but after 15 minutes, Tom was downstairs and took me by my arm.

“You have the nerve of coming here after what you did to Richard!” He yelled, I never felt so embarrassed in my life; people in the shop were watching us and talking about us.

He took me into a quiet little place.

“Why have you rejected Richard?” He asked furiously.

“I didn”t love him.” I hissed and with that he slapped me.

“Again, why don”t you love him?”

“Because that”s my problem and not yours! And of you don”t let go of me I”ll…” I couldn”t finish my sentence.

“Then what?” He asked and laughed hysterical.

“Don”t you realise that now without Richard, you”re lost?!” He pushed me against the wall while he tried to untie my clothes.

“I will teach you.” He whispered.

I screamed and he smacked my head against the wall.

“Shut up you slut!”

Lucky for me, his wife stormed in and saved me out of his claws.

I closed my clothes and ran out of the shop. The only thing I could think of was Toulouse.