You're My Bad Apple

Ch. 1

I opened my eyes to the brightly lit room on a beautiful Saturday afternoon, I shoved off the blanket and felt the slight breeze coming through the window. Laughter and voices were coming from the kitchen as I pulled on some clothes and pulled my hair into my regular pony tail. When finished cleaning up my room, I made my way down the numerous steps to the bottom floor which holds the kitchen and living room. I was then greeted by the six members left of the Weasley family.
You see it’s summer and every summer since I could remember I have been living with the Weasleys. They’re considered my second family, my father and Mr. Weasley used to work together at the Ministry of Magic before his untimely death. Along with him every single one of my family members were killed, you see it happened over the my first school year at Hogwarts. While I was at school during Thanksgiving my mother was cooking the food and unfortunately tried to deep fry the turkey, the turkey exploded burning the skin of my mother terribly and setting my house on fire. So since then I spent my school years at Hogwarts and summers here at the Burrow with my family.
The twins, Fred and George, are both in my year and have become two of my closest friends. Yes I do take part in their shenanigans, and have gotten in trouble twice as many times than both of the boys combined. George is the one I can share my secrets with because he is surprisingly a great listener, and then Fred is who I could hang out with for hours and not say a thing to because we’re that close.

I walked to the table and kissed both Mr. and Mrs. Weasley on their cheeks while reaching past them to grab a piece of toast with some milk. When I downed them quickly, I gave a look to the twins while reaching for my note book. Both of them nodded finishing their food and then excusing themselves from the table. I waited outside for the boys thinking of what we could add to the Weasleys Wizard Wheezes merchandise. Fred and George came out interrupting me from the train of thought and pulled me along to our usual hang out spot, I placed my blanket on the ground next to the small water hole and pulled out my notebook.

“How are you today boys?” I asked flipping through my notebook, observing some of the inventions I created.

“Great.” said Fred picking at the grass.

“and you George?”

“Brilliant.” said George looking at his reflection in the water.

“awesome… so I uh, added more things in my note book.” I said tossing Fred the book then looking down at my bare legs. Fred passed the book to George as I dipped my feet into the water. I fanned myself with my hand as I looked to George circling the ones he liked. When I got it back I set it down next to me and groaned. “it’s to hot to think today.”

“Your telling me.” said Fred. I took off my shirt leaving myself in my tank top and shorts. I looked underneath my shirt admiring my bathing suit.

“I think this is the hottest weather in the history of ever.” said George. I was still contemplating whether or not I should wade in the water, in my swim suit or my clothes.

“I wish God would make it start raining.” Said Fred. I looked at them both and stood up. In one quick movement I slid off my top and shorts, then walked into the water and sat down with a sigh. Both of the boys were looking at me.

“Staring problem much?” I said with a slight roll of my eyes. This type of meeting happened about once a week over the summer and then every time we go to Hogsmeade we meet up at zonko’s. Seeing as this is our last year at Hogwarts we’ve decided to go all the way and finally start up inventing. I’ve been giving extra money from my part time jobs to the twins so they could start up there business. They took this opportunity to go looking at real estate to hold there shop. After a couple hours of brainstorming we’d head back to the house and have lunch, after that we’d normally part our ways to look less suspicious since Mrs. Weasley doesn’t exactly approve of this profession of the Twins. She definitely doesn’t want me to go down the same road as the twins either.