You're My Bad Apple

Ch. 11

I was awoken by professor McGonagall, she was in her night gown and was obviously tired. She told me to get up and to dress warmly, I did as she told me. When I walked out of the dorm room she led me to Dumbledore’s office, this was the first time I’ve ever been to his office. Professor said the password and stepped onto the moving staircase, I stepped on after her and waited till it stopped at the top.

“Professor is there something wrong?” I asked but she ignored my question and opened the door to his office. Dumbledore was sitting at his desk going through some papers, McGonagall pulled me inside and motioned me to sit. Now that I was here all the Weasleys were there in there pajamas as well. I was now scared, my hands were shaking and I knew something wasn’t right. I saw Bill, Charlie, Percy, Fred, George, Ron, and little Ginny standing there looking at me with sad eyes. Mrs. Weasley walked over to me and pulled me into a hug, I felt one of her tears drop down onto my neck. She pulled away and sniffled, then turned to Dumbledore.

“My dear Summer, Your parents and your family have unfortunately passed away tonight.” He started and my heart dropped. “Your mother was cooking dinner for the holiday and the turkey seemed to explode burning your mother, lighting your house on fire and killing everyone in it.”

I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out. I saw tears clogging my vision but I never felt them fall for my body was paralyzed with shock. This was a lot to come by for a small eleven year old first year.

“I’m deeply sorry, in your parents will.” Dumbledore started again. “They give everything to you as for you’re their only child, you win the items given to you in your families will and you will be put in custody of the Weasley family as you are close to them.”

Feet were moving around, I kept looking at Dumbledore as I felt arms around me. I looked down at the boy who was hugging me. Fred. I hugged back and finally broke. I couldn’t control my emotions now, I was shocked, sad, fearful, and confused so I hugged Fred back and refused to let go until I cried myself back to sleep.
I woke up covered in tears. This happens every year, at the same time, on the same day. It’s the only time of year I seem to remember and to this day the memory of me finding out that your entire family is dead out of no where haunts me. I took off my covers, grabbed my wand, then wrapped the blankets around me. I walked out of the girls dorm and went into the common room where I’d normally light a fire. I never was able to fall back asleep after that nightmare. I tried to stop my tears from falling but it was no use, I covered my face and sobbed and sobbed. I heard quiet footsteps coming up from behind me. The person sat down next to me and pulled me into there arms and slowly rocked me back and forth.

“It’s alright Summer.” said the males voice calmly. “Everything is okay.”

And at one point I believed him. I sucked in a shakey breath and looked to the person that was comforting me. Fred. It was always Fred, he was always there for me. Every time I’m hurt he cheers me up, every time I do something stupid he does something to make me feel smart again, and when there is nothing but just hold me and tell me everything is okay he does it. He raised his hand to my check and used his thumb to wipe off a couple stray tears. He smiled slightly knowing what I am going through, he’s the only one who would ever get me. We stared into each others eyes for a moment, then I leaned in. I at first didn’t even know why I was doing what I was doing, but then I felt butterflies in my stomach, my heart was racing, and my palms were a little bit damp but I didn’t pull away. I felt Fred’s hand move to my waist and mine moved behind his neck. This was the best feeling I’ve ever felt in a long time and when we both decided to pull away, I knew he didn’t regret what had happened either. He cleared his throat and moved his hand into his pocket, then pulled out a beautiful necklace. In fact the same necklace that was at Narcissa’s shop.

“I-I was going to give this to you for Christmas day but I decided now is a better time.” He said a whisper. He handed me the necklace and I traced over it with my index finger.

“Thank you Fred.” I said quietly and handed it back to him, lifting my hair so he could place it around my neck. He placed it around me and then fastened it, I got goosebumps at the slightest touch of his fingers. I turned to face Fred again, he lifted up his arm and motioned me to come closer. So I did, he wrapped his arm around me as I placed my head on his shoulder.

“Your parents loved you Summer, and they would never want to see you cry like I did. You’re to beautiful for that.” he said softly and I smiled slightly. Fred always knew the right things to say.