You're My Bad Apple

Ch. 12

A couple weeks had passed and I was literally woken up by McGonagall. She was shaking me really hard.

“Wake up Summer!” She whisper-screamed into my ear.

“What? What is it?” I asked not really worried because what else to I have to loose?

“It’s Arthur Weasley, he’s been attacked.” She said and yet again my heart dropped into my stomach, I could loose my other family. I jumped out of bed and pulled my boots on over my pajama bottoms. I grabbed my jacket and ran up the steps slamming into Fred. He looked down at me, his eyes were not smiling. He was worried.

“It’s alright Fred, Your dad is tough. He’s alright.” I said taking his hand with mine, I squeezed it slightly then led the way to Dumbledore’s office. As the staircase rose I felt the grip on my hand get tighter. I stepped into the office and sat down with the rest of the Weasleys. Dumbledore walked in and sat down on top of his desk.

“Your father has been taken to the hospital. He has many cuts but I suspect he’ll live. Now since the break for the holidays is only a week away I’m going to send you home early.”

“How exactly are we going to get there?” I asked.

“Portkey, the other ways are too dangerous since everything is being watched now.” Dumbledore went away for a moment. When he came back he was holding a mysterious object, he told us to gather round so we did. We all place one hand on it and in about 5 seconds we were spinning and then we landed on the floor of the safe house. Sirius was there to greet us, he also had food prepared. I stood up from the floor and looked around the room. It was dusty, had a cob webs, and it smelled mold. Harry was sitting at the table head in his hands, Sirius was trying to talk to him, Ginny was sitting next to him, Ron and Hermione were discussing something boring, George was looking for something to eat, and then Fred wasn’t in the room. I left the room and went looking for him, I didn’t have to look hard because it was in the sunroom sitting on the couch. I walked in quietly and sat down next to him. He looked up at me for a second and then looked away again.

“Fred…” I said but he didn’t look at me. “Fred?”

“What?”

“Can you look at me please?”

He waited a moment but turned his head towards me, his beautiful green eyes were watery. It shocked me at first because I’ve never seen Fred cry, the only thing I could do now was comfort him. So pulled him into a tight hug.

“Is this what you felt like when Dumbledore told you 7 years ago?” He asked with a cracked voice.

“Yes.” I admitted, “but your dad is fine.”

“Yeah but what if he isn’t what if they got to him too late? It’d be Harry’s fault for not going to tell Dumbledore sooner.”

“Fred don’t say that, it isn’t Harry’s fault. He didn’t want this to happen.” I let go of the hug and looked him in the eyes. “Your dad is alive, he’s at the hospital, and we’ll see him soon.”

Fred nodded and sniffled. I frowned and wiped a tear that was about to fall. “I’m sorry.”

“Don’t be sorry, your apprehensive. I understand.” I said and paused for a moment, “You should really get some sleep.”

I stood up and made Fred get up too, I practically pulled him up the steps to the closest room. Inside was a queen sized bed, a rug, a dresser, and a couch. The closet from what I could see was a walk-in, and the room all together smelled and looked better than the entire house. I pushed Fred into the room.

“Sleep, it’ll be fine in the morning.” I turned to leave but Fred grabbed my arm.

“Don’t leave, I don’t want to be alone.” he said, “This house creeps me out ever since I saw Kreacher in my room at night.”

I sighed closed the door and kicked off my shoes, Fred did the same as I removed the blankets from the bed checking for bugs. When they were clear I crawled underneath them with Fred to my left, he was turned to me with his eyes closed already falling asleep. I leaned over and kissed his cheek before laying back down and closing my eyes as well.