You're My Bad Apple

Ch. 15

A week had passed already and Mr. Weasley was fully recovered. I have been spending my time in Fred’s room because I don’t want to be hanging out with Ginny. So on the morning of Christmas I woke up extra early and made everyone a giant breakfast, with pancakes, waffles, sausage, bacon, assorted cereals, fresh squeezed orange juice, coffee, eggs of all sorts, hot chocolate, regular, strawberry, and chocolate milk. I heard many footsteps coming down the staircase. The door slammed open as I was placing the last of the silverware on the table. The smiling faces of most of the Weasley children were looking at me. I pulled out my pack that I had placed in the corner the previous corner that held a present for each of the Weasleys, Harry, and Hermione. I put each of their presents on there plate and watched them circle around. For Hermione I got a defense against the dark arts book that I had been waiting to get in stock for several months now, Harry got the working candies of Fred and George, Ron got a new set of robes, Ginny got a diary that isn’t jinxed, George got a 1001+ joke book, and for Fred I was going to give to him later when we were alone. Fred gave me a weird look and I winked at him. Mrs. Weasley walked in and saw everything all set up.

“Who did this?” she asked and everyone pointed to me.

“Merry Christmas.” I said turning slightly red.

“Thank you deary.” She said and grabbed her presents which were the same sweaters as usual and handed them out. After opening up the presents we dug into the food until there was only one piece of bacon left and soon that was eaten by Ron. Everyone groaned and stood up slowly trying not to throw up there food in there really full bellies.
I made my way up the steps and slid into Fred’s room. He was placing his things into his trunk when I saw him. He looked up at me and stood. I walked up to him and pulled a small piece of paper then handed it to him. He unfolded the paper and read it many times thoroughly.

“A deed.” he said quietly and I nodded.

“For your store.” I said, “on Diagon Alley.”

“Diagon Alley?” he repeated.

“Yes, 93 Diagon Alley.”

“How’d you get it?”

“I used the rest of the inheritance of my families money.”

His eyes widened. “You what?”

“I spent the rest for you and your brother, it comes with the main rooms, three stories. About 4 bedrooms and 2 working bathrooms with free water use.”

“I don’t want you to spend your money on me.”

“It’s for me too. You honestly don’t think I wouldn’t be working there?”

“Well… no.”

“So then it’s fine. When looks lets out we’ll go there and set up, it’s perfect.”

Fred looked away for a moment and then looked back at me. “Thank you Summer. This means a lot to me.”

I smiled and pulled him closer to me. “I’m happy to hear that.”

Fred placed his hands on my waist and I stood up on the tips of my toes to place a light kiss upon his lips, although it was a fairly quick kiss it was one second to long. Mrs. Weasley walked in and saw the last glimpse of our faces to close for comfort. I turned my head to her and she was just standing there with her mouth wide open.

“Mum… I can explain.” Fred said but Mrs. Weasley put her hand to stop him.

“Mrs. Weasley. We didn’t tell you bec---” I butted in.

“It’s fine…” She said trying so hard not to explode “Just, disappointed. In both of you, sneaking around my back snogging when ever possible. Summer take your things and move them to Ginny’s please.”

“Yes ma’am.” I said and she left. I was breathing rapidly. “That was terrible.”

Fred nodded in agreement and I began to pack up my things. When finished I gave Fred a quick hug and ran up to Ginny’s room hoping to avoid Mrs. Weasley.