You're My Bad Apple

Ch. 16

When we were finally back at Hogwarts everything seemed to go by a lot slower. The teachers were talking forever, the homework was being handing out at massive amounts, and Umbridge stopped the trips to Hogsmeade to relieve stress. Instead I’ve been spending my time either doing my homework or in the room of requirement with Dumbledore’s Army working on our dark arts. Although I did show up to the meetings I’ve been using that time to read more and more spells about it, and then practicing it on a dummy. Eventually the weeks passed and we were in March. I was sitting on a pillow flipping through a book when a loud bang came from a wall. I set aside my book and stood up. The loud bang came again and the mirrors that lined it fell to the ground. Harry stepped closer to it and then looked through a hole the wall was forming. He stepped away quickly as the wall exploded and people came running in snatching us up and dragging us to Dumbledore’s office. I looked around the office and saw Percy holding Harry Potter. I rolled my eyes at that mans betrayal of his family. I kept glaring at him through out our time in there, when we were allowed to go I stepped on his foot as I left.
I walked into the common room and ran up to the twins.

“I am sick of that damned Umbridge woman.” I said exploding. “Her and her pink, stupid little clothes, kittens on her wall, ability to cause pain to students and get away with it. Also now that Dumbledore is gone she’s the new headmaster and I’m sure she’s going to make our lives even more miserable than before.”

“We know.” They both said stopping me.

“That is why we’re drawing up a plan.” said Fred

“We need your help. You do have the brains you know.” said George handing me the doodles, I wide smile spread across my face.

“This won’t be easy, but I’ll sure as hell do it. I’ll make whatever you want, as long as it gets her out of here.”

“Great, now all you need to do is…” Fred said pausing.

“What?”

“get Professor Snape to give you the ingredients.” said George.

I bit my lip and through for a moment on how I would do so, but then I remembered that terrible interview she had given him. I then smiled sweetly turned around on my heel and left the common room and swiftly made my way down to the dungeons. I knocked on the classroom door and heard no answer, I let myself in and circled around the classroom. It seemed different all empty, a lot more dark and sad. Snape came from his office and noticed me standing there.

“Yes?” He asked and I lifted myself on top of the desk.

“Professor Snape, I was wondering…” I said starting off, “on a level of one through 10, one being despise and 10 being enjoyable, how much you like Professor Umbridge?”

“That’s not your business.” he said quickly.

“Oh but sir, it is. You see mine is at a very low number, possibly off the scale, and I know how she humiliated you during your interview. So with your help I could, get revenge on the tiny woman.”

“Revenge?” he asked intrigued.

“You know scare her, tell her that she isn’t the boss of us, show her that we aren’t afraid of her.” I said and smiled sweetly.

“Go on.”

“Well, me and the twins. You know the Weasleys? They came up with a plan.”

“that is?”

“During the O.W.L.S this year we would skip out, fly in on our brooms and set off a few explosives.”

“…explosives?”

“Yes, and I’m sure she would absolutely hate that. You see Severus.” I say drawing the line between teacher and accomplice. “I can’t do this with out you and your concoctions.”

“It’s Profess---”

“Oh but Severus, I think we know each other quite well enough for first names. So what do you say?”

He didn’t say a word, he stared at me with his penetrating brown eyes. I raised my eyebrows and hopped off the desk. He turned and pointed his wand at the locked safe, it unlatched and dropped to the floor.

“You have 10 minutes to gather everything you need, you must tell no one I helped you. Also when your supposed plan does happen I better be impressed or I’ll suspend you.” he said and I skipped into the safe and pulled out everything I needed. Afterwards I ran to my corridor and laid out everything on the floor and began to get to work.