You're My Bad Apple

Ch. 21

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY!” Said Fred loudly in my ear. I opened my eyes and turned my head to him angrily. “before you get really mad at me you should know that is noon and you have to get up so we can give you presents.”

“I hate you so much…” I said into the pillow which I put over my face when Fred yelled at me.

“No you don’t. Now get your butt up, take a shower, get dressed, do whatever and lets go!”

“I’m tiiiired.”

“I’ll through you in the cold shower.”

I opened my eyes and removed the pillow. “You wouldn’t.”

“Oh yeah, I would.” he said I jumped out of the bed and ran towards the shower, after that I changed, did my hair and walked to Fred and punched him in the arm. He yelped with pain. “What the bloody hell was that for?”

“Oh you know what that was for.” I said crossing my arms.

“Well jeez.” he said rubbing his arm. “you have a nice right swing.”

I rolled my eyes and dissaperated to the Burrow, it was the same as always the hugs and kisses. The small discussion, the eating, and then we hang out until the cake and presents were handed out. Fred and I were walking around the property hand in hand just talking, enjoying each others company.

“So I hear from George that he might propose.” Fred said

“That’s sweet, isn’t it a bit early?”

“Well no, both are 18. They love each other.”

“I’d like to wait until I was at least 19 to get engaged and 20 when I marry.”

We kept walking until we reached the little pond where we used to hang out. I sat down and crossed my legs looking at the reflection of the moon. Fred sat behind me so I could lean on him.

“How did you like your birthday?” he asked and I shrugged.

“Just like every years, hanging with your family, opening presents, eating cake then we go home.”

“ Do you not like that?”

“Well, I do. Sometimes things should change, like I want to throw a huge birthday bash one time.” I said “I want to live life as it’s fullest.”

“We can throw you a birthday bash next year.”

“Promise?”

“Promise.” he said taking in a deep breath. I looked up at him and smiled.

“The only change I’m liking this year is that we’re together.” I said cheesily.

Fred pulled me into his lap and hugged me for a moment. “I like that too.”

There was a pause as Fred was hugging me, the crickets were chirping, the grass was moving by the slight breeze, and everything felt so peaceful. I looked up at him to see him looking back at me.

“I love you Summer.” he said for the first time ever.

“I love you too.” I said back also for the first time. “Thank you for making this my best birthday ever.”

Fred smiled and kissed my cheek. After a while we got back up and headed back towards the burrow to eat some cake and then go home with my presents and then fall asleep then start over again tomorrow.