You're My Bad Apple

Ch. 5

The next morning I pulled on my clothes and hurried off to grab a quick breakfast then to divination. I climbed up the numerous stairs into the classroom taking my seat before the bell rang. Professor Trelawney walked in with her magnifying glasses and looked at us all around the classroom.

“Hello there my precious students.” she said with a smile.

“Good Morning Professor.” the class said in a singsong voice.

“Please have one person at your table grab a crystal ball and place it in the stand. Were going to be reading crystal balls, and who ever can see what I see will get an A for the day.”

I stood up and grabbed my ball, then placed it on the table. I looked deeply in it and only saw owls flying around in the sky. I raised my hand so Professor Trelawney could see. She swiftly walked over and pressed her nose on the ball looking inside.

“My dear what did you see?” she asked and I looked again.

“All I see are owls, flying in circles.”

“Correct! But do you know what that means?” I shook my head no and she pulled out her book. “It means something happened to an owl you know. Death or injury.”

“What?” I said with wide eyes.

“I’m terribly sorry dear.” she said and walked away to the next table.

“Great, what a awesome way to start off the school year.”

When the class finally ended I picked up my things and was the first one to leave. Next I had potions with Snape, he was always my favorite teacher. Not because he hardly picked on me only because potions was my best class. I stepped inside and took my normal seat, while the others were filing in I took the notes that were up on the board. When I finished I looked to my right to see a boy about my age scribbling down the notes as well. When did he get there? Snape dramatically walked in with a roll in his eyes because he obviously didn’t get the D.A job again.

“Grab a cauldron and start brewing whatever is on page 243.” he said and sat down at his desk. I placed my things by a cauldron and walked up to Snape.

“Excuse me professor?” I said and Snape slowly looked up at me.

“Yes Miss Weasley?” he said and I rolled my eyes slightly.

“It’s Willow, I just live with the Weasleys.” I said and continued. “I just wanted to ask if anything was bothering you.”

“No, of course not. I’m fine now go off and finish what I had asked you to do.” he said and I turned away and did the brew. I poured a cup of it and placed it on Snape’s desk before everyone except that boy that was next to me and walked out. I found the boy and ran up to him and tapped him on the shoulder.

“oh hello.” he said fixing his bag on his shoulder.

“Are you new?” I asked and he nodded.

“I was from Durmstrang, but we moved.”

“Durmstrang.” I softly repeated.

“Yeah, I was one of the more smarter people there. Got picked on a lot. They aren’t the smartest knife in the drawer if you know what I mean.” he said and I smiled and nodded.

“Yeah, I understand.” I said looking around. “Do you need a tour or something?”

“Sure, I don’t know how to get to transfiguration.” he said and I took his hand with mine.

“Follow me I’ll show you.” I took off down the hallway to the staircases, down those and then to the main hallway. I finally let go when I reached the classroom.

“Thanks.”

“Anytime.” I said and turned to walk away but stopped. “What house are you in?”

“Gryffindor.” he said.

“Meet me in the Great Hall for dinner, we can chat.”

“See you then.” he smiled which I returned before heading to the library to check out a book on potions.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this might get a little boring but it'll get better. I wrote most of these late at night and i am way to lazy to fix or make better :)