You're My Bad Apple

Ch. 6

“He’s from Durmstrang.” I said to George who just sat down at the table in the great hall.

“Who is?” George said and I looked at the boy. “Oh brilliant, what’s your name?”

“ Eric.” he said taking a sip of his pumpkin juice.

“You don’t look like a Durmstrang.” Fred said sliding up to George.

“Originally from Australia, we move a lot.”

I smiled just noticing his accent. He pushed his bangs out of his eyes and smiled.

“He’s really smart too.” I blurted out. “He finished his potion about 10 minutes before I was done.”

“Oh that’s saying something.” Fred said jokingly and I kicked him from under the table.

“I’m not that smart.” Eric said shrugging. “we just did this book last year at Durmstrang.”

“Interesting.” both of the twins said.

“Would you two stop interrogating him?” I said with a glare.

“It’s alright, I have to go anyways. I like to go to sleep early.” he said standing up, he looked down at me and winked. My heart skipped a beat as I watched him leave.

“You so like him.” George said and I looked at him.

“Was it to obvious?” I asked.

“a little. He’s like soooo smart.” Fred said badly mimicking me. I slapped him on the head with my hand and looked down to hide my blush. “Aww Summer is blushing.”

“Your embarrassing me that’s why.”

“We’re your friends, of course we’re going to embarrass you around you Aussie boyfriend.” said George.

“He’s not my boyfriend.”

“you want him to be yours.” said Fred and he leaned in and began whispering, “Summer and Eric sitting in a tree, s-n-o-g-g-i-n-g.”

I rolled my eyes and stood up from the table. “Shut up both of you.”

I grabbed my goblet finished the juice and walked away to the common room. When inside I saw Eric sitting by the fire doing his homework. I sat down next to him and he looked at me.

“Done already?” he asked and I nodded.

“The twins were getting on my nerves, they think I like you or something.” I said with a small laugh even though it was true.

“Weird friends you got.”

“Your telling me.” I said looking down at his work, I held back my urge to correct him on his assignment. “Your doing that wrong.”

“Really?” I nodded and scratched out what he was writing and added my own. “Oh, thanks.”

“Anytime.” I said pulling back my hand but having it brush across his by accident. Eric didn’t flinch, he just went back to writing. I sighed and stood up knowing when I wasn’t wanted right now. “See you tomorrow.”

“yeah, see you.” he said not even looking up. I picked up my bag and went down to the dorm pulling out my homework. A few hours passed and I finished an essay that was assigned by Professor Flitwick, a couple girls came in and out giggling, but all ignored me. Eventually I fell asleep, but only to be woken up numerous times thinking about my owl and where she could be.