You're My Bad Apple

Ch. 7

A week had passed already and I feel like I’m the only one who isn’t neck high in homework. Eric has been helping me with my charms homework and I’ve been on the number one priority to get made fun of by the twins list ever since I’ve met Eric. It’s mostly Fred though, George only walks by us when we’re studying and winks. I at least can ignore those when I want, I don’t hear George winking. Hagrid’s substitute found my owl, she broke her wing while flying out in the lightning storm. She’s currently being repaired and I won’t see her for another week.
Anyways Eric and I are walking down to our next class, Dark Arts. We sat down and looked up at the woman sitting in front of the classroom. Her name was Deloris Umbridge.

“Wands away please.” she said in a girlish squeak and I put mine in my bag. “Pull out your books and read the first chapter, when your finished read chapter two.”

I did as she said, even though I got bored over the summer and read it already. I closed my book halfway through the first chapter and raised my hand.

“Yes Miss---”

“Willow. What are you going to be teaching us this year?”

“Whatever is in the books.”

“But there isn’t anything about defending ourselves in these books, only how to be safe.”

“Why on earth would you need to be learning defensive spells my dear?”

“I don’t know, just in case something bad were to happen.”

“like what?” she asked staring me down with her blue little beady eyes.

“Well… Like Voldemort!” I said and the class gasped.

“I can assure you that you-know-who isn’t going to be a problem. He’s gone.”

“That’s not what Harry Potter or Dumbledore said.”

“Well that’s there own opinion! As you can see the ministry has everything under control.”

“Oh yeah, everything is just fine.” I said sarcastically. She crossed her arms and I did the same staring at her.

“aren’t you going to read?” She asked me and I shook my head no. “Excuse me?”

“I’ve finished.”

“I guess I’ll have to find something else for you then.” she said standing up and walking into her office. I stood up and followed her, she sat me down and handed me a quill. “Your going to write lines for me.”

“And what do I say?” I asked and she smiled.

“I shall not question the ministry.”

“How many?”

“As many as it takes to sink in.” she said and left the room.

I started writing them down on the paper, my hand was aching so bad. I turned it over to see the words on the paper were showing up as a burn into my skin. I wrote it again and it burned even more, I set down the quill and observed it. The words on the paper were being written in red, I’ve never seen red ink. I picked up the quill once again and began writing. After my 71st line my hand was bleeding, that’s when I realized that the red ink wasn’t actually red ink. It was my blood. When the class was excused I left my place in her office and passed Umbridge with out a back glance. I ran up to Eric and showed him my hand.

“Where did that come from?” he asked.

“Umbridge, she uses this quill that extracts blood from your hand when you write with it.”

“That’s sickening.”

“She’s evil.” I said looking back at my hand, Eric grabbed it and laced his fingers with mine.

“We’ll get back at her, okay?” he said.

“Of course.”

I smiled and we walked together to our next class. I passed Fred who took a second glance at us passing by, I winked at him before turning to the right and down the hallway.