You're My Bad Apple

Ch. 8

It’s been a month now and it feels as if the school year couldn’t go any slower. My homework is most likely done for the next couple weeks, and now that George has a girlfriend we as in me, Fred, and George don’t hang out as we would like. Thank goodness today is the trip to Hogsmeade, so early this morning I pulled on a pair of my jeans, my favorite boots, a simple tank top, a warm jacket and a beanie to warm my easily cold ears.
As I was about to head out the painting I heard Eric call my name, I stopped in my tracks and turned to see the very cute looking Eric walking towards me. His tight skinny jeans fitting him perfectly, his baggy jacket, and his own beanie covering up what looked like bed head. He smiled at me and motioned me to move through the painting so I did.

“You going to Hogsmeade too?” I asked and he nodded.

“Yeah, I just thought might as well go because no one else is staying.”

“Maybe you can finally try a butter beer.”

“Yeah, maybe.” he said looking around.

“Is there something wrong?”

“Well, no. I was just wondering. If you, well if we could go on a date, sometime.”

I smiled widely but not to wide because then I’d look creepy. “Yeah I’d like that.”

“Oh cool, because you know since this school goes to Hogsmeade like once a month. Maybe our first date could be now.”

“Alright, but we got to hurry we’re leaving soon.” I said and Eric grabbed my hand and led me down the stairs to the exit of Hogwarts to see a whole bunch of people standing in groups trying to warm up from the chilly air. Fred and George were tossing around a firework as if it were a small ball, I turned to my right to see Umbridge walking up. She raised her wand and the firework flew into the tip of her wand, she giggled and turned to lead the group down to Hogsmeade. Both Fred and George ran up to me and Eric.

“Hey there is a meeting with Harry, Ron, and Hermione at the Hogshead. Bring your boyfriend at lunch.” said Fred.

“He’s not my boyfriend.” I said and looked at Eric who’s face was slightly red.

“That old git Umbridge isn’t going to be teaching us to fight you-know-who, so Hermione came up with a plan.” said George ignoring me all together.

“So if you want to join go there, until then we’ll be at Zonko’s.” said Fred who started running off towards Hogsmeade.

I turned to Eric who was looking at me. “Shall we go?”

“Sounds like fun.” He said “but why isn’t she teaching us anything?”

“The ministry is taking over Hogwarts, so they think that stopping the defense classes we’ll be more safe against you-know-who. They’re only making it worse, you see the more we don’t fight the stronger he’ll get and with that no one will over come him.” I said.

“What a little b.itch!” he said and I started to laugh. “What?”

“Nothing, your completely right.” We finally reached Hogsmeade and went inside the tea shop and got us a table, I snuggled up to Eric and sipped my tea when it arrived. He seemed very awkward to be this close to me so I scooted away slightly and drank my tea, in what seemed to me, alone. Finally when lunch came around we made our way to the Hogshead to see Hermione, Ron, and Harry in the front of the pub observing the grossly made butter beer in the stained brown cups. I took a seat and waved to Ron, he nodded to me and told people where to sit as they all gathered round. When most of the people came Hermione stood up.

“You most likely know why your all here.” she started looking around the room. “That… Umbridge woman is refusing to teach us our defensive spells or any spells in that matter, so we’re going to be forming a group to teach us that.”

“And who exactly is going to be teaching us those spells exactly?” said a random voice.

“Harry of course.” she said simply.

“He’s only a fifth year! He doesn’t know anymore than we do.” said the same random voice.

“He knows a lot more than you know so I’d recommend keeping your trap shut!” roared Ron.

“I heard he can do a patronus.” Luna Lovegood said and Harry nodded. “That’s amazing, will we be learning those?”

“If you really want too.” He said quietly.

“He can teach us the basic skills to beat Voldemort.” Hermione said.

“and who is it you to say he’s actually back?” said yet another random voice.

“Harry and Dumbledore say he’s back.” she shot back.

“Yeah but only because Harry said he’s back, should we really go trusting a little 15 year old?”

“I would trust Harry with my life!” I said to the girl, “If you have a problem with it then I suggest you leave.”

“Thank you Summer.” Hermione said with a half smile.

“He also beat the three tasks last year, and that basilisk in the chamber two years before that.” said Fred

“Really?” said a little third year I didn’t know the name of.

“Yeah I did, but I almost always had help. I shouldn’t take all off the credit.” Harry said.

“He’s just being modest.” Hermione butted in.

“No! I’m not! It’s true, you guys don’t know what it’s like to stare death in the face. I defeated Voldemort twice because I got lucky, with out luck I’d be sure dead right now.”

“now… uhm.” Hermione said motioning Harry to sit down. “If you want to form this group, please put your first and last name on this parchment along with your house name so we can find you.”

“Where will these meetings be held?” I asked when standing up to sign.

“We don’t know yet but when we find out we’ll be sure to inform you all.” said Ron and I nodded, I then quickly signed my name on the parchment and house then moved out of the way so the others could sign. I looked around the room to take notice that Eric was no longer in the room, before Fred and George could find out there selves I left to hoping I would end up finding him outside, but he was no where to be found.