‹ Prequel: Don't Give up on Me
Status: Active(:

Unsaid Things

Take His Place

“Lilly? Sweetie, wake up.” I placed my hand on her stomach softly, running little circles as she smiled. Her eyes fluttered open and she held her arms out to me. I picked her up with a chuckle, swaying her back and forth. I had come home fairly late last night, so she was already fast asleep by then. She giggled softly as she tugged my hair.
“Mummy!” she grinned, hugging me with her tiny arms. I grinned, placing a kiss on her nose.
“Were Uncle Tom and Uncle Harry good to you last night, sweets?” I asked, and she giggled again. “Lets get you some breakfast.” I nodded, carrying her down to the kitchen. I stood at the bottom of the stares for a moment, looking over at Danny, who was sprawled out on the couch, Harry and Tom laying across the floor. My eyes traveled across Danny’s stomach and chest before I tore my eyes away from the snoring boy, bringing Lilly into the kitchen. She giggled at me as I sat her on the counter, grabbing some baby food from the cupboard. I then popped some toast in the toaster oven and began feeding Lilly.
“I’m sorry.” I heard a voice from behind me, causing me to jump in fright. Lilly giggled and waved dramatically at the stranger, causing me to turn. Danny’s hair was a mess and he was rubbing the back of his neck. “About last night. I had a few to drink and my mouth wouldn’t stop talking. So…I’m sorry if I offended you.” He nodded, and I smiled softly. I knew he barely finished the beer he ordered, so he couldn’t have been half as drunk as he tried to tell me. I just nodded, wanting tot drop the topic all together.
“Don’t worry about it. Let’s just forgive and forget.” I nodded, turning back to Lilly. She gargled at me, wrapping her small fingers around the spoon to try and feed herself. I just smiled, bringing it to her mouth. Danny walked over to the counter, leaning on it with a grin.
“She looked just like you. Your eyes, hair, and smile.” He spoke so softly, letting every word linger on his lips. I smiled softly. “Maybe she’ll even turn out to be as beautiful as you. But hey, that’d be some competition.” I felt my cheeks heat up with ever word he spoke, but before he could mutter another word, Dougie’s body flung into the kitchen.
“Me next!” he ordered, jumping up beside Lilly. Lilly giggled loudly, grabbing his arm as she jumped in her seat.
“Sorry, Dougs, but little Lilly here needs all the food she can get. She needs some meat on her bones!” I cooed, pinching Lilly’s little skin gently She giggled again, raising her hands in the air as she jumped up in down.
“I do too.” Dougie pouted, causing Danny to laugh too. I looked over at Dougie with a raise of an eyebrow. How in the hell was he not hung-over after how plastered he was last night? My head was pounding fairly hard for the little amount I drank last night; or at least, compared to how much Dougs drank.
“He’s a natural drunk. He never, ever, gets hung-over.” Danny read my mind, and I nodded slowly. I then turned to Lilly as she pushed her hand into the baby food container, causing her hand to get covered, and for the food to fall to the floor in a splash.
“Lilly!” I muttered, raising her hand as I carried her to the sink. Her eyes began to water and her lips started quivering as I placed a cloth under the running water. “Don’t cry, baby. Mummy’s not mad. It was only an accident.” I cooed, cleaning off her hand as sniffles were being heard from the bundle in my arms. “It’s okay,” I whispered, rocking her softly as I cleaned off the last of the baby food. “Please stop crying.” I whispered even gentler, rocking her slowly as I held her close. Her crying stopped, and she turned to me with a little smile. “That a girl.” I smiled, kissing her nose. I turned to clean up the mess from the floor, but I saw that the mess was already cleaned up. Dougie was far gone and Danny was draping a dishtowel over his shoulder.
“For the record, yes you are.” He smiled cheekily before leaving the room, causing me to furrow my eyebrows in confusion. What?

“Want to watch this, sweets?” I asked Lilly, and she giggled with a nod. We were now situated in the living room, watching some cartoon that was catching Lilly’s entire attention. The stuffed bear was tight in her arms as she giggled softly. I smiled warmly as Danny walked into the room, sitting in the chair beside the couch we were on. Lilly leaned back into my stomach slowly, eyes glued to the TV. Just then, I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. Knowing it was Damien, I picked it up with a soft smile. “Hello?”
“Hey, Babe.” Damien greeted, and I laughed softly.
“What’s up?” I asked, running my hand through Lilly’s curly hair. Damien was quiet on the other end, and I repeated my question.
“Nothing, I just wanted to hear your voice.” He commented, and I smiled softly with a blush. “And I wanted to know exactly what day you are coming home.” He muttered, and I furrowed my eyebrows.
“I don’t know the exact day…but I’ll call when I’m on my way. I should be leaving two weeks from tomorrow, or maybe a few days longer; I’m not sure. Why are you so curious?” I asked, looking over at Danny briefly. He was watching the TV now, eyes glued just like Lilly’s were. Right then, everyone entered the living room, taking a seat either on the other chair, or on the other couch. I greeted them with smiles.
“I just wanted to know, jeez! Get off of my back!” he shouted, and my eyes grew slightly wide. I looked down, knowing that everyone in the room could hear him shouting.
“Damien…I- sorry.” I whispered, playing with Lilly’s hair again. She looked up at me, her eyes now fixed on the phone in my hand. Her eyebrows were ruffled together; she knew I was talking to Damien. She hated him so much; every time she sees him, she glares and walks to me. I don’t know exactly why, but she never wants anything to do with him.
“Whatever. I’m just sick of your fucking questions. You know what? I’ll talk to you some other time. Bye.” He shouted angrily, and I closed my eyes softly.
“I love you.” I muttered, but he had already hung up. I closed my cell phone with a sigh, staring at it with a sad expression on my face.
“You alright?” Danny whispered, and I shook my head softly.
“Don’t worry about it.” I muttered, and he nodded slowly before turning to the TV. Just then, I turned my head as Lilly had brought her lips up to my cheek. I smiled softly as she kissed it, giving me a huge grin. She then slowly crawled off of my lap and onto the floor. I watched her as she slowly walked toward Danny, raising her hands up for him to hold her. Danny turned to me, as if asking permission and I just gave him a warm smile. He turned to her with a grin.
“Is it my turn to hold you, little one?” he asked her, and she giggled loudly with a nod. He picked her up and placed her on his lap, leaning her head onto the arm of the chair. She was sprawled out on his lap, causing her to grin at him as she grabbed his hand. “What?” he asked her, and she just giggled as she started playing with it, the size of his hand being 10 times the size of hers. I watched Lilly get comfortable with Danny, the look on his face made me smile.
“Niccy, I think Lilly’s turning into a whore! She’s jumping from lap to lap!” Dougie exclaimed, causing me to laugh loudly.
“Dougie!” Rachel shouted at him, laughing loudly at what he had just said. Danny was paying no attention to anyone, just Lilly as she was blowing bubbles off of her tongue. I’m not so sure why, but the look of Danny with my baby made me insanely happy. I felt something in me trigger, causing my mind to go a little weak. Damien left my mind completely, and Danny started to take his place…
♠ ♠ ♠
Niccy's outfit

I'm sorry i take a thousand years to add :/ i've been so busy lately, but i'm slowly finding ways to write! :) i should be adding more frequently...i hope. :)
i know i have only a few subscribers, and a few readers...but i would really aprriciate it if you comments. i don't even care if all you have to say is 'that sucked' or 'more please!' i just want to know if i should keep going with this...so please, please, pllllease comment! thanks to those who do comment too :) it means a lot to me!
xx