Sequel: Dare To Have A Doubt

You having fun there Cas?

Will Someone Shoot That ***ing Snake?

It felt like she had been out for a few minutes, an hour tops and when Sunny’s eyes finally burst open joined by a large gasp of air that her lungs had sorely missed she was greeted by Castiel’s face directly in front of her own, only a few centimetres between them. At first she let out a hoarse yelp of fright then she slipped off of the small military style bed, the thud and her loud hiss of pain caught both Sam and Dean’s attention.

The two ran in from the kitchen and quickly helped her back onto the bed, trying to avoid her cuts with their hands but it was hard when 90 percent of her flesh was violent gashes. Sam held a glass of water out to her before they both took seats in the room “what happened?” Dean asked quietly

“I woke up to Castiel’s face” she moved her hand slowly to show how close the angel had been “here” she let out a quiet groan as her entire body ached “did you say yes?” she asked softly, smiling lightly when Dean shook his head “good” she coughed and rolled onto her side hissing out again “what happened to Zachariah?”

“Cas killed him” Dean sounded oddly proud as he spoke, Sunny moved slightly so she could see Castiel only to frown when she found him eating a packet of chips loudly, Dean followed her gaze and let out a small sigh “he’s uh…he’s almost human, he’s almost completely yours” Dean shrugged.

“Where’s Lilly?” she asked quietly “I need my best friend right now” she rolled onto her back and stretched slightly trying to get comfortable on the spring filled mattress. After a few seconds no one answered her “where’s Lilly?” she asked again in a worried tone “did something get her? Did something hurt her?” she sat up quickly in a panic then attempted to get to her feet, only to tumble unsteadily into Dean’s awaiting arms “Dean tell me where she is, please” her fingers tightened around his sleeves as he pushed her back onto her feet. He looked once more to Sam and then to Castiel who had matching grim looks

“She’s uh…she’s locked in the basement” he told her sternly before turning away picking up his gun, he ignored her questioning looks as he began taking it apart to check it was okay

“What do you mean ‘she’s uh…she’s locked in the basement?”” Sunny mocked his voice and pointed to the hallway “why is she there? Go let her out! Everything is safe now, I’m okay and we’re all here, you can let her out” she looked to Sam “Sam? Sam she’s your girlfriend, why would you keep her down there? You love her!”

“She sold you out to Azazel” Sunny’s gaze snapped back to Dean who was resting his gun in his lap “she sold you out to Azazel and then once he had you she called down Zachariah’s winged ass and sold you out to him, the only reason she isn’t dead yet is because she’s human” he looked back down to his gun and let a deep breath out through his nose.

“I need to go see her right now” Sunny moved towards the door but Sam was quick to catch her and move her back onto the bed “Sam let me go! I swear to god I will kick your ass if you don’t let go of me right now”

“Kick my ass? You can barely walk Sunny, just sit down okay?” he slowly lowered her back onto the bed, she was already sick of them treating her like a baby but at the same time she wasn’t a hunter, she didn’t know how to deal with the pain she was in so she did actually want them to look after her “okay, look…you asked if Dean said yes…what would he say yes too? Was it something Zachariah wanted? Was it to do with the apocalypse?”

“No” she shook her head then turned to look at Castiel, he had stopped eating and was now staring at her with an almost pleading look “no, it’s something all the angels want, all of them” she let out a deep sigh and shook her head again “you knew this entire time what was going to happen didn’t you? You didn’t say a word but you knew what they had planned for them” Castiel didn’t speak or even attempt to open his mouth “you son of a bitch” Sunny pushed herself onto unsteady feet, ignoring Dean’s almost proud smile “you knew what was happening, you had to know!”

“They are my friends Sunny, you all are but my duties still lie with God and what he wants. I couldn’t just forget everything in a number of days” he let out a loud sigh and began moving towards her

“You said they were your friends, you said you couldn’t harm them or sell them out but you can do this? Out of all the things I’ve learnt about since meeting The Winchesters, all the monsters and all the ghosts you’re probably one of the worst, you know why?” Castiel shook his head “because you’re actually capable of caring but you’re choosing this over your only friends”

“I had to keep them safe, we needed Dean alive”

“Whoa, whoa, okay” Dean got to his feet quickly interrupting before Sunny could get another word in “WILL SOMEONE PLEASE TELL US WHAT THE HELL YOU’RE TALKING ABOUT? THIS SEEMS TO INCLUDE AN AWFUL LOT ABOUT ME AND SAMMY BUT WE SEEM TO KNOW NOTHING ABOUT IT! SO PLEASE FEEL FREE TO TELL US!”

“DON’T YOU GET IT YOU STUPID ASSHOLE?!” Sunny screamed as loudly as her body would allow, she swung her arm out and held her hand towards Dean “we’ve got Michael, the older brother loyal to an absent father. You’re Michael” then she turned to Sam, holding out her arm in the same way and in the same nasty yet sarcastic tone she spoke again “and we’ve got the little brother, always rebelling and never wanting to listen to daddies plans. You’re Lucifer Sam”

Quickly she dropped down onto the small bed and scrapped her hair out of her eyes, she let out a sad unbelieving laugh “and the best part? Castiel knew the entire time” she closed her eyes over, the smile still across her lips “he knew that you would both be a huge part in an angels intercourse with the earth”

There was an uncomfortable silence throughout the room until Sunny heard quiet shuffling, she opened one eye and watched as Sam got to his feet and began pacing. Dean was yet to say anything or even tear his hurt gaze from Castiel, he had risked his life to help the angel enjoy his own life, it had to hurt that he was only there to keep him alive.

“Well” Dean grumbled, finally breaking his gaze on Castiel and the silence of the room “I ain’t being no angel condom” he pushed his chair back and got to his feet, he turned his back to Castiel who hadn’t began to explain himself “Zachariah is dead, he can’t come after me now okay?”

“You think this ends with Zachariah?” everyone looked to Castiel “do you know how many angels there are in heaven right now desperate for you say yes Dean? You have no idea how big this is. You need to say yes to stop the apocalypse but maybe, maybe there’s another way this can happen. I’ve rebelled, I’m losing my powers and I did it for all of you”

“Don’t try and turn this around Cas, you stabbed us in the backs when we trusted you. There’s no friendships without trust and you just destroyed that”.

The room fell into silence once again, Sam and Dean quietly trying to think of ways that could avoid playing their roles, Castiel had vanished without offering his help and Sunny was still resting. Bobby had been gone all day but he’d called to say he was heading home soon.

“Are you going to play your roles? That’s what Zachariah called it…playing your roles, you were born into this you know” Sunny informed them quietly, she pushed herself into a seated position and looked to them sat at the desk “can I see Lilly yet?” they both shook their heads and turned away from her “I’m a grown woman, I want to see my best friend” she ignored them and slowly made her way towards the door only to be caught by Dean “get off me” she growled, he kept a tight hold of her so she shrugged him away forcefully “I’m stepping outside for some fresh air”.

&&

Sunny was only alone for half an hour before the front door creaked open and Dean stepped outside, he closed it over behind him then moved forward to sit next to her on the small, ragged seat on the porch. They didn’t say anything for a few minutes, Dean’s gaze flicked from her face to the piled up cars surrounding them before he coughed to clear his throat

“I’m sorry for treating you like a kid” he mumbled quietly “if you want to go see Lilly you can go see Lilly…it’s just, you’ve been through a lot today do you really think you could deal with seeing Lilly as well?”

“I’ve known her since I was sixteen Dean” Sunny finally glanced at him “after everything that’s happened since we met each other again and how many times you’ve saved my ass in the last couple of months I have no reason not to trust you or Sam but…I don’t believe that she would throw away ten years of friendship and it wasn’t just her friendship with me she would be throwing away, she’d ruin her friendship with you and her relationship with Sam…there’s just too much for her to risk”

Awkward silence fell over them again, the noise around them seemed to triple “things have been weird since you kissed me and I’m sorry that I don’t feel the same way, you’re a great guy Dean and someone is going to be really lucky to have you when this is all over”

“Oh come on Sunny, don’t start with that crap, I misjudged the situation it’s nothing” he shrugged casually “lets just rewind a little to a couple minutes before it happened, pretend that I hugged you instead and we can just go on being friends again”

“That sounds like a great idea” she turned to him with a small smile then gave him a tight hug “thanks for coming to save me today even though I told you not too, I’m…I’m really not cut out for this lifestyle Dean” her eyes watered slightly as she pulled back from him “I’ve seen things I never knew existed, angels and demons and I’ve been kidnapped by both for different reasons that I still don’t really understand, I haven’t spoken to my mom in months and I miss Arizona and…how can you live like this? No relationships with anyone but Sam and sometimes Bobby”

“I’ve got you and I had Cass and Lilly” he cleared his throat quietly “I meet people in every city and town I visit, I don’t need relationships…I’m always on the road anyway, there’s always something to kill”

“Don’t you ever just want to get a house and live there and maybe find a wife and have some kids? I’m nearly thirty, I want to fall in love and I want to get married and I want to have babies and live in a nice house-”

“You’ll get that one day” he cut her off quickly “you’ll get all of that when this is finished, when we save the world you’ll get to go back to Arizona and your life will be great, I promise” they shared a small smile before the door clicking open stole both of their attention. Castiel stepped outside but didn’t smile, instead remained still with his eyes locked on Sunny’s face

“Sunny…do you think we could talk? Alone?”.