Sequel: Dare To Have A Doubt

You having fun there Cas?

I'm not ok (i promise)

Chapter 23.

The group wandered the streets for half an hour, Bobby and Dean walking ahead of them while Sunny and Castiel wandered behind them. Sunny was bubbling quietly, she knew Castiel didn’t know what he was supposed to do but he was doing good by simply holding her hand. As they walked they stopped outside an electronics store to watch the scenes unfolding around the world on each of the television screens. Dean began muttering under his breath before turning to look at the couple

“You gotta have something up your sleeve Cass, you need to tell me what we can do to stop this” he grunted angrily “we can’t just give up now” the rage with clear in his voice and in the way his face contorted, he pointed in the angels direction “tell me what I’m supposed to do now” his voice broke down slightly as he turned away

“I suggest we find the nearest liquor store and drink it” Sunny punched his arm with a sigh “what? The world is ending, I have no powers, Sam is Lucifer, Adam is Michael…there is nothing we can do. If I have to die I want to be drunk so I can’t feel anything”

“THE WORLD IS NOT ENDING!” Dean roared loudly “WE CAN STILL STOP THIS” angrily he pulled his cell phone from his pocket and went through his contacts stopping when he found the one he was looking for, it was a number he didn’t call often but he needed his help.

“Stull Cemetery” was the first two words from Chucks mouth, Chuck was a prophet who had been instructed by the angels to write ‘The Winchester Gospels’ essentially a new bible for the new world

“Did you know it was going to end like this?” Dean asked quietly, his eyes filling with tears again as silence filled the other end of the line “don’t write your ending just yet because the world is not ending you hear me? I’m going to stop this” he ended the called and rushed back towards the impala.

“DEAN!” Sunny cried violently “DEAN WHERE ARE YOU GOING?!” her voice broke slightly as she called on him, no way was she losing both Winchester brothers in the same night, she wasn’t sure her heart could take the loss “DEAN PLEASE STOP!” he slowed down and for a second she actually believed he was going to turn and tell them where he was going but instead he broke into a full speed run, vanishing around a corner before the impala reversed and sped off down the street.

Quickly the group clambered into Bobby’s van and gave chase, Bobby was trying to remain as calm as possible but Sunny had seemingly broke down into a mess of tears and hiccups. Castiel was holding her, trying to use what he’d learnt from TV in a real life situation but nothing was working.

“They’re both going to die aren’t they Castiel?” her hands were locked onto his forearms as she sat up, mascara stains on her cheeks as she was tossed around the van during the high speed pursuit, the former angel smiled softly before pressing a gentle kiss against her mouth

“We’re all going to die”

“Idgit” came in a quiet mumble from the front seat “he’s heading back to Kansas”.
“Sunny” Castiel’s voice was low as he caught her attention, she turned to look at him with wide eyes and a sad expression “you shouldn’t be so upset” his hand cupped her cheek softly “when this is over we shall return to heaven, we’ll still be together when this is over” carefully he pulled her forward for a kiss but just as their lips were about to touch Bobby drove over a pothole in the road so their heads knocked together roughly “oh god” Castiel groaned leaning away covering his head with his palm, Sunny was leaning the other way covering her eye.

Her last regret was going to be not sleeping with him while she had the chance, she was going to die now and she’d never know what sleeping with an angel was like. She didn’t want to say she was in love with him, she still didn’t know him that well nor were they an “official” couple but she cared for him and it was nice to hear that he cared for her in the same way.

&&

After a little while the van rolled to a stop, through the front window Sunny could see the impala and Dean stood just in front of it, his hands shoved into his pockets as he spoke with Lucifer and Michael. Castiel caught her attention to her side though as he grabbed an old beer bottle and began pouring a concoction inside, he tore some material from her shirt much to her protest then shoved it into the bottle to make some sort of Molotov cocktail.

The three of them tumbled from the van and Castiel was the first to rush forward, he stopped just a bit beyond Dean

“Hey. Assbutt” he called loudly catching everyone’s attention, they all stared at him with the same confused and almost ashamed look over the crappy insult but he paid no notice and launched the cocktail at Michael who immediately burst into flames

“Assbutt? Really?” Dean asked quickly while despite the situation Sunny was giggling quietly from her place next to Bobby

“Did you just Molotov my brother?” Lucifer asked in an angry tone, he took a step towards Castiel who stepped back with an awkward smile as he muttered a quite ‘well…no’. With a snap of Lucifer’s fingers Castiel was suddenly gone, the only thing left were the falling bits of skin and the blood left from the explosion.

A scream tore from Sunny’s throat before it clenched shut, she felt her legs give way but Bobby was quick to grab her before she dropped onto the grass. Her eyes were yet to leave the spot where Castiel had been stood, his blood and skin scattered around them just making everything ten times worse, she felt like she couldn’t breathe, she didn’t need to know that she loved him to know that they would have been together forever, even in her head it sounded cheesy but she knew it was true.

She was pulled from her day dream by a splattering of blood across her face, she opened her eyes quickly and gazed down over herself before taking deep, panicked breaths. Her entire body began shaking as she glanced to her side and found Bobby pale white and completely still, his neck twisted to the point it had snapped and next to him lay his gun still smoking. Quickly she turned away and doubled over as she threw up, she dropped onto her knees as she tried to clear her mind in even the slightest.

Behind her she could hear voices being throw back and forwards before a loud smash caught her attention, she spun quickly nearly toppling back into her own vomit, watching as Sam or Lucifer slowly wrapped his hands around Dean’s jacket and lifted him from his place in the impala’s windscreen.

“Sammy, don’t worry, I’m here” Dean mumbled loudly “don’t worry about anything” the look across Sam’s face just seemed to darken before a smirk fell across his face, one hand moved to sit around Dean’s neck who immediately began clawing at it, desperate for air.

“Sunny, Sunny, Sunny” he shook his head with a smile that made her skin crawl “I don’t want to kill you Sunny” his face became straight “you understand me, the reasons why I do these things, why it needs to be done. You’ll never admit it out loud but I know” his voice was soft as he spoke to her, an almost thoughtful look across his face. It didn’t matter that her brain was telling her that it was Lucifer saying these things, her eyes were looking at Sam “just tell me you understand and I’ll spare you, we could rule this world together”

“Are you serious?” her words were choked out between fear and a disbelieving laugh “you want us to rule this world together because I get you?” Sunny had no idea where this attitude was coming from and it scared her, you don’t shit talk the devil. She stepped back stumbling over Bobby’s body and let out a whimper “let him go and we’ll talk”

Lucifer glanced at the man almost passed out in his hold before letting go of him, Sunny watched as he dropped to the floor gasping for air “if you save me you need to save Bobby and Dean and Castiel”

“But my brother wronged me, he wronged our father. He rebelled but he wasn’t sent to serve out his life in hell, why should he be saved again?”

Suddenly a gun shot filled the air, no one moved for a moment before Lucifer glanced down at Dean who dropped the gun in his hand, it was just a regular pistol that he had to have known wouldn’t have harmed the monster in front of him “really Dean?” Lucifer was quick to drag the man back up the side of the Impala then slam him against it roughly, he pulled his fist back before slamming into Dean’s face “Sam can feel every punch, your brother is going to feel the snapping of your bones, every. Single. One” suddenly the punches were rolling from both sides not giving Dean the chance to attempt to defend himself, there was nothing Sunny could do but stand back and watch, she tried screaming ‘stop’ but that just seemed to make the monster angrier.

Just as suddenly as the vicious punches began they stopped, one of Lucifer’s hands slipped back to Dean’s throat while the other was raised back in a fist, readying itself for the final blow. From her distance Sunny could see the disfigurement across Dean’s face, she could see the blood mixed with tears, she wanted to go and hold him, to tell him it was okay but if she even attempted to move Lucifer was going to kill her

“Don’t worry Sammy, I’m here, I’m never going to leave you” Dean mumbled through bloody, swollen lips. Sunny watched as silence fell over the three, she couldn’t tell what was happening until she spotted Sam’s fist slowly unfurling, she burst into loud, wailing cries, Sam had Lucifer.

“I’ve got him Dean, don’t worry” quickly Sam chucked the four rings onto the ground and they all watched as it opened a hole in the grass “I’m so sorry” the wind began blowing Sam’s hair around his face as he made his way towards the hole slowly, ready to throw himself in.

From that moment everything moved in slow motion, Sunny ran towards where Dean was sat on the floor, slumped against his car. Michael appeared once again, grabbing onto Sam to stop him from falling, he was talking but Sunny couldn’t hear a thing. She pulled Dean against her in a tight hold as Sam wrapped his hands around Michael’s arm and pulled him with him.

And then they were gone. The hole closed up and it was like nothing had happened, the only proof were the deaths of her family and the bloodied man crying against her chest.