Sequel: Dare To Have A Doubt

You having fun there Cas?

You Love Me

Castiel’s POV

Why did this feel so wrong? He’d never felt this way about sending people to their deaths before, so why was it different with her? Maybe it was the fact that she seemed to trust him, even after turning up in the middle of her family room and scaring her half to death she had taken everything he’d said and held it true, maybe it came with being an angel or maybe she truly saw him as a friend.

He suddenly felt the need to stop moving and arrived back at the motel, neither Sam, Dean or Lilly were in there giving Castiel a chance to think, he didn’t understand the small flickering in his heart beats and all honesty he was worried about them, surely it wasn’t right. His first thought was that it was something to do with his vessel but he was possessing Jimmy Novak, there should have been nothing wrong. He sat his hand softly across his chest trying to calm himself down, why did it only beat that way when he thought about Sunny?

As he sat in silence the door opened and Dean stepped inside, he stopped when he spotted Castiel then looked around apparently checking for something or someone but closed the door over when he seemed happy that they were alone

‘What’s going on Cas? Sammy said you took Sunny somewhere safe? What’s coming after her?’

‘I’m not supposed to say, I was just following orders Dean’ the words stabbed at the inside of his mouth as he said them, he didn’t understand it but he suddenly felt angry about having to follow orders, he wanted to be his own man and make his own choices for once. If he was in charge he would never have left Sunny there to die, he didn’t know why, he didn’t understand why but he just wouldn’t have.

‘Oh come on Cas, don’t be an asshole, what’s coming after her?’ he recognised the tone of Dean’s voice, he was angry too, maybe he felt the same way for Sunny that Castiel did, maybe he’d understand ‘just tell me where she is Castiel, I can get in the Impala and I can go save her, I won’t judge you for following orders Cas if you let me save her’

‘Dean…’ he trailed off as he looked away from the other man ‘I don’t understand…I feel…’ he trailed off ‘this is wrong, I’ve got feelings Dean…this isn’t right’ he got to his feet in a sudden panic, he didn’t like this new feeling that made it feel like there was a weight on his heart ‘I care for Sunny’

‘I care for her too Castiel, so does Sam and so does Lilly, especially Lilly. Just tell me where she is so I can save Lilly’s best friend’

‘Zachariah is coming for her Dean, she is full of demon blood’ Dean’s gaze widened as he looked on at the angel ‘I’ll take you to her now’ he gripped his hand around the other man’s arm and suddenly they were in an open field, it was empty though ‘I don’t understand…she should be here’

Then in the silence there was a panicked scream, both men took off in a quick sprint desperate to find the girl that had emitted it. In woodland surrounding them they finally stopped, they both stumbled slightly into a small clearance where Castiel recognised the vessels of two of his former comrades dead and thrown on top of one another, his gaze rose to meet the panicked blue eyes of Sunny who’s body was being held in the air by invisible force ‘Zachariah release her’

Her body was dropped to the floor and Dean was quick to scramble forward and pull her to his side, Castiel watched as they moved into the woods in search of somewhere safe before turning back to his boss with a grim expression

‘Hello Castiel’ he smiled with a slightly sarcastic over throw ’thank you for bringing her here, but why are you here?’ there was an uncomfortable silence ’oh Castiel’ Zachariah smirked ’you’ve been spending too much time with these meat bags, is she your friend Castiel?’ he asked in a teasing tone

‘I care for her yes’ he confirmed quietly ’she’s my friend, I won’t just hand her over to be killed, she didn’t even know she had demon blood in her and she’s almost thirty years old. She’s no danger to anyone’

‘We both know that’s not true’ Zachariah snapped his fingers and suddenly both Dean and Sunny came flying from between the trees, they both slammed against a tree where they held tight ’well Castiel, if you are such good friends why don’t you pick which one lives?’

‘You can’t harm Dean, you need him’

‘So you’re picking Dean?’

‘I didn’t say that’ Castiel snapped ’they are both my friends, they should both live’ slowly Castiel withdrew an arch angel sword from within his coat and flipped it so the jagged end was pointed in his boss’s direction

‘Do you really want to go down that road for these two meat bags? You’re willing to die just so they both die in the end? I thought you were smarter than that Castiel’ Zachariah pulled his own sword out and pointed it towards Castiel, the pair of them began circling each other leaping forward as they attempted to kill one another ‘they are going to die Castiel, you aren’t supposed to have friends. If you want to be human he’ll take your powers from you’

Castiel’s blade ran across Zachariah’s chest making his boss fall to the ground, quickly Sunny and Dean fell to the floor gasping for air.

‘Quickly’ Castiel grabbed them both bringing them back to the motel. When they arrived Sam and Lilly were sat cross legged facing each other, talking quietly ‘we have to get out of here now’ Castiel rushed around the room as Dean and Sunny began packing their things ‘go to Idaho, I’ll meet you there’.

&&

They had been in the new motel just long enough to drop their bags when Castiel appeared, his appearance was dishevelled and there were fresh cuts running across his face. His white shirt was wrinkled and stained with blood making the girls gasp loudly, Sunny quickly dashed towards him and ran her fingers softly along one of the cuts

‘Cas you need to get cleaned up’ his eyes followed her as she moved towards the small bathroom ’I uh…I think we need to talk Castiel’ he joined her in the bathroom, appearing suddenly and making her jump ’you should stop doing that to girls, one day you’re going to get maced’

‘What does maced mean?’ she looked at him with a small smile then shook her head

‘It doesn’t matter’ she turned fully with a damp cloth and ran it over a small cut above his eyebrow ‘shouldn’t you be able to just sort of zap yourself better? I know Dean told me you brought him back from hell, if you have those sort of powers fixing yourself up should be a snap’

‘I think my powers have been taken from me, or at least some of them…I tried to heal myself but nothing happened’ he winced slightly, Zachariah had been serious when he said the powers would be taken from him and now he was feeling pain, he didn’t like pain.

‘That’s not good is it?’ he shook his head, his mouth suddenly feeling dry from Sunny’s close proximity ‘you took me there to die didn’t you Castiel?’ he opened his mouth but something from inside stopped him from speaking ‘it’s okay, I understand that you were just following orders’ she ran the bloodied cloth under the water again before turning to face him, this time she ran it across the blood running from under his nose ‘at least you came and saved me again right?’ she smiled softly as her eyes fell to his lips as she ran the cloth over his top lip, clearing his blood away, he felt his entire body stiffen as she leant against him slightly.

They stood still for a few seconds, eyes locked on separate parts of the others face until there was a loud knocking on the door ‘sorry does someone need in?’ Sunny called, she was met with a desperate call from Lilly who had suddenly been over come with the need for the bathroom.

‘Thank you’ Castiel mumbled as they exited the small bathroom ‘I don’t know what other powers I’ve lost, I should probably try and find out’

‘Okay, will you be back soon?’ he nodded, his heart swelling slightly as she grinned ‘okay, good’

They shared a look for a few seconds longer before Dean’s gruff voice cut between them, saying a rushed goodbye as he pulled Sunny towards him, checking over the cuts she had across her arms and neck. Castiel sighed, feeling defeated as he vanished from the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Read review subscribe comment love

Please comment more please!