I've Got a Secret

I know Something You Don't Know

"Ryan, I still think this is a bad idea. You're just setting yourself up for disaster. You know something is going to go terribly wrong." Spencer preached to me while I was getting ready for my firs day of school.

I decided to ignore him, since he had been telling me the same thing since I first came up with this brilliant idea.

But I had made up my mind. I wasn't going to get bullied again for something I can't control.

Since the incident, it's become a phobia. The bullying it is. It seemed that the only other alternative was homeschooling, since my parents don't have enough money to send me to one of those fancy private schools. But neither of my parents have time since they're always working.

"Everything will be fine Spence." I called from the bathroom. "You'll be there to protect me remember?" I said with a smirk on my face as I applied my make-up.

"I know but-"

"Spencer." I cut him off. "It doesn't matter what you say, I'm going through with this." I said applying the last of the eyeshadow and mascara.

I heard him sigh as he walked in. "Fine." he said. "But what are you going to do about the… uh… chest area?" he asked.

I looked down and realized what he was saying. I may walk, talk, act, and even smell like a girl, but I'm still shaped like a boy.

"I'll just wear baggy clothes. Simple as that." I told him.

He sighed. "Ryan…"

"Spencer, I'll be fine okay? Now, can you please go get me my wig?" I asked. He left the room silenty, and came back holding a blonde wavy wig, that came about down to my chest.

I carefully placed it and arranged it on my head. Spencer stood in the doorway with a smirk on his face.

"What?" I asked.

"You know it's sad." he started. "You actually make a really pretty girl." he said.

"Shut up." I said, shooting him a glare. He just laughed.

I grabbed my lipgloss and my sweatshirt. "Come on." I said. "We're going to be late."

Brendon's POV

"Dude." Gabe said as we sat outside the school waiting for it to start. "I hear there's going to be a new girl this year."

I looked at him weirdly. "Duh. There's bound to be. There's going to be what? 300 more freshman?"

"No, I mean in our grade. I also hear she's hot, and that she's a mute." he said matter-of-factly, checking his phone.

"Mute? As in she doesn't talk? That's weird." I said loosing interest.

"Mhm." he said. "I call her."

I raised my eyebrow at him. "You've never even met her. And she's mute. Wouldn't it be boring to be with someone you can't even talk to?" I asked.

"Who said I wanted to be with her? I just want to hook up with her. In which case, it's better if she doesn't speak." he said with a smirk on his face. I rolled my eyes. He can be such a whore sometimes.

"Where did you find out all this information anyway? It's a little creepy to be honest." I said.

"I have my sources." I rolled my eyes. Sources.

~*~

Ryans POV

"Okay, were almost here." Spencer said as we approached the school. "Remember, no talking, that'll be a dead give away. And… what's your girl name again?" he asked. I rolled my eyes.

"Jane. It's Jane." I said. It was my parents idea. It was either that or… Georgia.

"Okay Jane. Now remember. No flirting with any guys. We don't need any more drama." he ordered.

I smirked. "Yes sir."

"Okay, now shut up. Were here."

I suddenly became nervous. But luckily, no one really noticed me. I mean occasionally they would look up to notice the new freakishly tall girl, but then turn away and continue their conversations.

We arrived at the office, and the woman behind the desk looked up. "May I help you?" she asked.

"Um. We're new here. Can we get a copy of our schedule please?" Spencer asked.

"Sure honey. What are your names?" The sweet office lady asked.

"I'm Spencer Smith, and this is R- um, I mean Jane Ross." I glared at him for his almost slip.

"Okay, here you go." she said handing us our schedules. "Class doesn't start for another seven minutes, so you'll have time to get situated." she said. "Miss Ross?" she said right as I was about to turn away. For a second I thought my mother was here. "It says here you need a note informing your teachers of your condition?" She asked. I stared at her blankly.

Condition… Condition… Condition…

Oh! Right. I'm mute because of childhood trauma.

"Yes that would be great. Thank you." Spencer answered for me.

"I'm sorry. Are you her brother?" the lady asked.

"Um no. I'm just a good friend." he answered.

"Alright then." she said with a smile. "Your locker numbers are on the back of the schedule. Luckily, it seems you two aren't to far away from one another."

"Thank you." Spencer said once again before grabbing my arm and walking away.

~*~

We stood at my locker going over our schedules when I caught Spencer glaring at someone. I followed his gaze and saw that he was glaring towards a group of boys. I nudged him in the side and gave him a "What the hell" look.

"One of them was staring at you." he said.

Getting a little protective there are we? I wrote down in my notebook.

"No. We just don't need anymore attention drawn to you is all." he said.

I rolled my eyes and things went silent again.

"He's staring at you again." Spencer grumbled. I rolled my eyes again, but this time I looked up and met the gaze of a tall beautiful boy with dark brown eyes. He didn't look away like I expected him to. Instead he smiled at me. He was so gorgeous. It caused me to blush and look down, smiling.

I peeked up at him through my heavily coated eyelashes, and he waved slowly. Out of reflex, I brought up my hand and waved back, then turned towards my locker.

I looked at Spencer, only to see that he was glaring a the poor boy again.

I nudged him in the side and glared at him. He wasn't helping.

Luckily the bell rang, meaning I could escape this awkward situation.

~*~

I sat down in my first period class, and Spencer sat down next to me.

"What did I say about flirting with the boys?" he whispered. I glared at him and pulled out my notebook.

I wasn't. I was just being friendly. I wrote.

"Friendly my ass. I know you Ryan." he whispered. I glared at him again. "Oh, Jane. I'm sorry." I rolled my eyes and turned my attention the the front of the class. That's when I saw the familiar boy walk in, with a couple of the boys I saw standing around him earlier. He caught my eye and smiled.

He began to walk towards me, and my heart rate increased.

"Do you mind if I sit here?"
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, I know. You're probably thinking "WTF ARE YOU DOING STARTING A NEW STORY!? YOU HAVE A MILLION THAT ARE WAITING TO BE UPDATED!!! FNJSAKFNDSKMDFKS YOU'RE GOING TO KILL YOURSELF WITH ALL THIS CRAZYNESS!"

It's not my fault. Blame Judy.

Comment and Subscribe <3

I love you.