I've Got a Secret

I'll Fake It through The Day

I looked up at him from my place on the floor. He had his hands on his hips like some sort of scolding mother. My look turned into a glare before I abruptly stood up and stormed off.

We need to talk.

Bull shit. I am not in the mood for his, or anyones shit. So what if I was a little harsh back there? I deserve to be cut some slack. It's just one fucking thing after another.

I stormed out of the back of the school, to an empty lot. It was there that I just cut loose, I fell to my knees and let the silent tears spill out. Suddenly there was a hand on my shoulder.

"Ryan, what the Hell-" I turned around to glare at Brendon, and his expression softened when he noticed my tears.

Suddenly he crouched down next to me, and wrapped his arms around me.

"Sweetie, what's wrong?" he cooed softly. I sniffed.

"It's not fair." I mumbled. There was a pause.

"What's not fair?" he asked.

"Why does everything always happen to me?" I demanded.

"Ryan, what happened?" he asked.

"Last night, after I got home, I overheard my parents talking." I started. "They're getting a divorce." I mumbled the last part.

There was another pause, but his embrace tightened.

"I'm sorry." he spoke softly. "I wish there was more I could do."

I sniffed. "You don't need to do anything." I mumbled back. "I just, I'm sorry for acting the way I did. I was just upset. And I needed someone to take it out on. And I don't know where the hell Spencer is." I finished with a forced smile.

He let out a small half-amused laugh. "It's okay. Just tell me next time okay?" he said. I nodded and he kissed my forehead. "Lets get to class."

~*~

I managed to fake it through my next few classes before lunch. I told Spencer what happened via notepad, because nothing gets past Spencer. He was sympathetic, and didn't push anything, because he knows me well enough to know that I was close to breaking.

It was lunch time, and I was sitting outside on a bench with Brendon, away from everyone else, poking at my food.

"Eat something please." he begged.

I looked up at him and sighed.

"Just try and forget about it for now. Use the time you have away from home as a chance to try and be happy." he offered.

He was right. I should be trying to be happy now. I was away from the stress and worry of home, and it shouldn't effect my everyday life.

He took my hand, and as I looked up at him, he caught my lips with his own. The kiss was short and sweet, but kind of just what I needed to make it through the rest of the day.

~*~

I got home that night, and my original intention had been to avoid my parents at all costs, but they cornered me. They told me everything I already knew, but that didn't make it any easier. I ran up to my room and slammed the door. Life is so fucking unfair.

After a sleepless night, I decided to walk to school. I figured the cool air would clear my head.

I spent the time trying to convince myself things wouldn't be that bad. So what if they get a divorce? That just means that I will see a little less of both of them. It's not like I spend too much time hanging out with my parents anyway. And it means I won't have to listen to them fighting anymore, so that's a plus.

I made it to school, a little less of a mess then I was yesterday. Brendon was standing outside talking to three girls.

I had a sudden hatred for these three girls. Who do they think they are talking to my boyfriend like that?

Whores.

Not I'm not jealous, I just don't like the way that they...

Fine I'm jealous. So what?

He's gay you idiot.

Oh. Right. I forgot, I'm not actually a girl. Ha. Funny. I guess my conscious can come in handy every now and then.

"Hey Jane." Brendon said wrapping his arm around my waist, and kissing my forehead.

"Aww, they're so cute." one of them said. She was blonde with curly hair.

"Jane, I want you to meet Greta, Haley, and Vicky." he said introducing them. "They're friends of mine."

I waved.

"Yeah, we've seen you before, Brendon was just too much of an ass to introduce us." The brunette said.

"Yeah, feel free to hang with us any time you want." the girl with the red and orange hair said. "Sometimes Brendon can be really boring." I held back a laugh, and Brendon glared at them.

"Anyway, I should get to class. It was nice meeting you." the Blonde one said giving me a small wave. I think her name was Greta?

"Yeah, me too." Haley said. "See ya around."

"I might was well go too. Come sit with us at lunch?" Vicky offered. I nodded and smiled. She returned the smile and walked off to class.

"Don't worry. You don't have to be jealous." he smirked. I raised an eyebrow at him and rolled my eyes. "They used to be friends of my sister's before she turned evil and annoying. They're cool. I think you need some 'girl friends' anyway." he said.

I glared at him and punched his arm.

"Ow! What? I'm sorry." he said defensively. I smirked and walked off to class.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, this chapter really sucks. :/