I've Got a Secret

I'm Exactly Where You'd Like Me

"You look great tonight," Brendon leaned over to whisper to me. He smiled and laced his fingers with mine. All I could do was blush deeply.

Brendon still seemed tired, but he put on a good act. His boss gave him a break for the holidays, and we were out on one of our first dates in what felt like forever. It was one of those simple dates, one where it does not cost much but is still fun. Something from an old movie, something some out-of-fashion couple would do. But really, it was still much in fashion.

The movie was only half over, but Brendon was already restless. His leg twitched and his eyes focused on other things in the theater.

"Ry," Brendon whispered. "I was wondering if you would like to go to the arcade with me and have a race." He grinned only how a little kid could when talking about an arcade.

I laughed lightly, and got up. "Sure," I said lowly. I pulled him along with me, holding hands still. We went out into the hallway, and found the small room where a few arcade games were held. Brendon picked a car race game, and pushed a few quarters in.

When I got out a few of my own quarters, he gave me a disapproving look. "Ryan, I was the one to pay for this date. Do not even think about it." He waved a finger at me and quickly put a few quarters in my own slot. I just laughed.

~~~~~

"Well, that was funner than I thought. You are one competitive fellow, Mr. Ross." Brendon told me while leaving the theater.

"You sound like I would be boring, Urie." I replied.

"Oh fuck no, my expectations were high. I was surprised you were so competitive." He smiled and turned a corner to the parking lot.

And who was in that parking lot still makes me shudder; still makes me wake in a cold sweat.

Even Brendon stopped in his tracks, jaw dropped, frozen. "Oh my God," Brendon muttered.

And so they turned around. Alex, Jack, and all the other guys from my old school turned around from the car they were facing.

"Holy shit," Alex exclaimed. "It's the fags! How ya been?"

I stepped back one inch, but Brendon was still frozen. "We need to leave, Brendon." I tried to pull him back again, but he stood there. "Brendon!" I whisper yelled.

"Aw, don't leave." Alex stepped closer while I tugged at Brendon's arm. "We've been waiting to see you guys again."

All I could hear was Brendon's breathing. All I saw was his eyes fixated on the group of approaching guys. All I thought was Shit shit shit!

They literally surrounded us, first pushing Brendon. He landed ass first on the ground, just looking up at them. Someone nudged him with their shoe, I wasn't sure who, and asked him a question I didn't hear.

"Fuck off," he mumbled.

"Get the fuck out of here!" I grabbed the back of a shirt, and pulled. Instead of pulling them back, they ended up tumbling down and crushing me. "You little bitch," he muttered as he got up. I ended up with a shoe to the face, not kicking me but pressing my face into the gravel and scratching my nose and forehead.

I looked out of the corner of my eye, barely being able to see what was happening. My heart thump thump thumped while my vision blurred. Someone pulled Brendon up to his feet, which were wobbling. Brendon looked pissed, really fucking pissed by now. He was cussing all of them out, but not fighting because it was four against two with one who had his face in the dirt.

"Get away from Ryan," he growled as he pushed whoever was on me. They fell to the ground for the second time, and my face was no longer being pressed into the ground. Brendon, instead of attacking him when he could, helped me off the ground. "Are you okay?" He asked in a hushed whisper.

"Neither of us are okay," I muttered.

"You little faggot," Alex, who I now recognized as the boy on the floor, grumbeled as he got up and wiped his bleeding nose. "I will fuck you up."

He reached into his jacket pocket.

He pulled something shining out.

And he gripped it while we both realized it was a knife.
♠ ♠ ♠
DUNN DUNN DUNN!!

Go on with all your predictions, comments with all your death threats are welcome :3