I've Got a Secret

Let's Hear It For America's Suitehearts

Currently, I'm sitting in Brendon's car. He is driving us to the movies for our second date, keeping his eyes strictly on the road. The theater we're going to doesn't have any recent movies, instead older one's everyone has seen.

I would attempt to start a conversation, but I can't talk. Literally. So I sat there and stared at my hands.

Brendon pulled into the parking lot of the dinky theater we were going to.

Now Playing:

Brokeback Mountain
Saw
The Notebook
Donnie Darko
The Lion King


"What do you want to see?” He asked.

Donnie Darko sounds interesting.

I'm not in the mood of losing my diner by watching Saw.

I'm not a little kid so I'm not watching The Lion King.

I'm not a teenage girl- Wait...I'm supposed to act like one...- But I still will never watch The Notebook.

And I am not going to watch Brokeback Mountain with Brendon. That would be awkward (for me, at least).

"Cool."

So far, the movie seems pretty good. I have no idea how to explain it, and it seems fairly complicated. But who doesn't love a mystery to solve? Plus Jake Gyllenhaal is in it.

I started to notice how Brendon's hand inched towards mine, his attempt at being sly. His finally touched mine, and he slipped his fingers through mine. Out of the corner of my eye, I watched him. Instead of smiling or showing some sign of emotion, he stared at Jake Gyllenhaal blankly.

I returned my eyes to the screen, focusing my thoughts more on my hand then the movie.

Throughout the whole movie, someone was in the back making out rather loudly. Not many people were in the audience, but the people in the back were getting harsh looks sent their way.

When the credits began to roll and the lights brightened, the small audience rose from their seats.

To my surprise, Gabe was in the back.

His 'friend' was a fake blonde with smeared lipstick (very classy looking, I must add). She looked vaguely familiar, I think her name is Brooke?

"Brendon!" Gabe took his arms from 'Brooke'.

"Hey Gabe," he sighed. He didn't sound very excited.

"Hello Jane," his lips curved into a smile. His eyes glued to me, looking me up and down. "You look lovely."

I looked down to see what I was wearing; I had already forgotten. I don’t know how i could forget though, I always wear skinny jeans and a shirt. I smiled as a way of thanking him, but I could care less.

"What did you think of the movie?" Brendon broke the awkward silence by asking the group.

"I didn't get it." Brooke replied simply and stupidly. She had one of those voices that makes you want to strangle them. "Why was that guy wearing a bunny suit and why did Donnie die?"

There was an awkward silence, probably because everyone just stared at Brooke strangely. "I'll tell you later," Gabe answered.

"Well... We really should be going..." Brendon told Gabe after Brooke left Gabe's side.

"Me too," Gabe followed us. He looked around to make sure Brooke wasn't close. "I don’t get why I'm dating her."

"Her boobs?" Brendon answered.

"Oh yeah," He smiled. "Later dude!"

Gabe chased after Brooke, while she took out her phone. Gabe stole it from behind and ran off while she chased after him.

"Aren't they charming?" Brendon stood scratching his head, amazed at their stupidity.

I just smiled.

During the ride back, Brendon had the same quality that he had before. He seemed like he wanted to tell me something, but he didn't know how too. He even opened his mouth a few times but nothing came out.

He must have a secret.
♠ ♠ ♠
Grrrr I am being forced off the computer...