Forget Me

one./one.

People always ask me why I return to this spot day after day. I can’t answer them, I don’t truly know myself. All I know is that I have a kinetic pull to this place, like without visiting it I would be lost in this humongous world. It holds so many memories, memories I never want to forget. If I did ever forget them; I don’t know what my life would consists of. I remember those days perfectly, like they happened only mere weeks ago. Her smile that showed the sun in the world, her eyes that were the best color in the universe; I remember all those so vividly. She was my everything, and this place is my everything. It holds my memories that mean everything to me, and it helps me never to forget her.

I swear, and people think I’m crazy when I admit this, that when I visit this spot I can hear her laughing, that laugh I could listen to all day. It reminds me so much of her, the brown birds that mimicked her own hair, the birds she loved to watch so precisely. I always bring her cat, which I shamelessly call my own, to this spot, letting him roam around with the memory of his owner. I sit for hours on that same bench we used to sit at, trying to suppress my tears.

Everybody who lives near this spot knows who I am, and they tell me again and again they feel bad for me. I’ve never wanted sympathy for my pain, just simply closure. But those people who sit and stare at me with dreary eyes can’t give me closure, so I never take notice to their apologizes, just nod and move on. People say, the ones who haven’t heard my story yet, that I am cold hearted and senile, but what else can I be? Dealing with love and loss, who wouldn’t be in shambles?

She was my everything, and loosing her was like loosing my soul; being shot down on a street for no reason. My friends, well they moved on awhile ago. They tell me not to go here, like it will kill me from the inside out. Actually, this place is the only thing that keeps me alive and sane; for without it I would be in a stupor.

We were engaged, me and my lovely little doll. We were about to get married, set to get married the month she left me and this reality. I still have, to my friends’ dismay, the ring that once adorned her slim finger. It looked so beautiful, it shined anywhere she went. It was the perfect addition to her shining personality, it completed her in every possible way.

That’s why I come here every single day, because I remember Faith.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?