Status: Complete

The Best Thing That's Ever Been Mine

Chapter 12

It was Wednesday February 9th and the Blackhawks were currently on a two week road trip. They were playing against Edmonton tonight. Jenn and I decided to fly to Edmonton to surprise Jon and Pat, and to go on the road with the Hawks for the last few games. We had no trouble booking off work for those few days. We got to the airport and boarded our flight to Edmonton. “I’m so excited,” exclaimed Jenn. “I know me too, I can’t wait to see the look on Jon’s face!” We got off the plane and took a cab to Rexal Place. Everyone knew we were coming except for Pat and Jon. We dropped our bags off on the Blackhawks bus, since we would be flying to Dallas right after the game, and headed into the rink.

We went go find our seats. I felt my phone vibrate and saw that I had a text from my cousin Mikhayla. ‘Hey, I’m at the Chicago vs. Edmonton game and I see you. Turn around.’ I turned around to see my cousin and two of her friends sitting a few seats behind us. “Hey, come down here,” I called. They came down to where we were sitting and sat down. “Jenn, this is my cousin Mikhayla and her friends, Courtney and Mackenzie,” I said introducing them. They each had on Edmonton Oiler jerseys. Mikhayla had Jordan Eberle’s jersey, Courtney had Taylor Hall’s and Mackenzie had Magnus Paajarvi’s jersey on. “Girls this is my best friend Jenn,” I said. They exchanged hellos and then Mikhayla asked, “What are you doing here?” “Oh Jenn and I booked off work and decided to come surprise Pat and Jon and spend the rest of the road trip with them.” “Oh that’s cool.” “Wait, wait, wait. You’re dating Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews!?” asked Courtney. “Well I’m dating Pat but Chelsey and Jon are engaged,” said Jenn. “Really!?” Mackenzie asked. I smiled and showed Courtney and Mackenzie my engagement ring, “Yes we are.” “Oh wow that’s so cool!” The game was about to start so the girls were going back to their seats. “Come say goodbye after the game,” I said to Mikhayla. “Ok I will.”

The game started Sharp scored in the first with an assist from Jon and Pat. In the second Brian Bickell scored on a breakaway. The Oilers almost scored in the last seconds of the 2nd period but Crawford made 3 stops making the score 2-0 for the Hawks going into the third. Pat scored with assists from Jon and Kopecky. Then Jordan Eberle scored with a few minutes left in the third breaking Crawford’s shutout. Edmonton pulled their goalie with 2 minutes left in the game and Pat scored an empty netter making the final score 4-1 for the Hawks.

I waited outside the locker room with Mikhayla, Courtney and Mackenzie while Jenn went in to surprise Pat. I was talking with Mikhayla and her friends when I felt these arms wrap around my waist, lifting me up and spinning me around. “Jonathan!” I giggled. He put me down and spun me so I was facing him. He leaned down and placed a long warm kiss on my lips. “How did you know I was here?” “Jenn told me when she surprised Kaner.” “Oh ok,” I turned to see Mikhayla, Courtney and Mackenzie watching us. “Oh sorry, Jon you remember Mikhayla right?” “Yeah, hey,” Jon said. “Hey, this is Courtney and Mackenzie,” Mikhayla said point to her two friends. “Hi,” Jon said. “Hi,” they replied. “Chels, we got to get going, the bus is going to leave soon.” “Alright, bye Mikhayla,” I said giving her a hug, “It was nice meeting you Courtney and Mackenzie,” I waved to them as Jon put his arm around my waist and kissed my check as we walked towards the bus. “You have no idea how happy I am to see you,” Jon whispered in my ear. “Maybe you’ll have to show me,” I whispered back.

We boarded the plane and waited till it took off. “Hey Chelsey,” said Sharp as he walked towards where Jon and I were sitting. “Hey Sharpie, how are you?” “Pretty good, it’s a good thing you decided to surprise Jon and come on the rest of this road trip with us cause now we don’t have to listen to Tazer complain about how much he misses you and stuff.” “Oh really,” I said looking at Jonathan. “Well I uh, yeah,” Jon stuttered. “It’s alright babe, I missed you too,” I said putting my hand on his thigh and giving him a kiss on his lips. “Awww isn’t that cute,” Sharpie teased. “Shut up Sharp,” Jon said as he walked away down the aisle. “So do you want to show me how happy you are to see me now or later,” I whispered in Jon’s ear while sliding my hand further up his thigh towards his crotch. I felt Jon tense, “How about now,” Jon said unbuckling his seatbelt and grabbing my hand leading me down the aisle towards the bathroom. “Joining the mile high club?” Kaner smirked as we passed where he and Jenn were sitting. “Maybe,” I said smiling. “Just to warn you it’s really cramped in there,” Jenn laughed. I laughed and shook my head.

Jon opened the bathroom door, took a quick look around and pulled me inside. ‘Jenn was right it really is cramped in here,’ I thought to myself as there was barely enough room for me and Jon to move around. A few minutes later I poked my head out of the door, looking around to make sure the coast was clear. I walked back to my seat. Jon came down the aisle a few seconds later. “Yeah alright Tazer! Welcome to the club!” yelled Sharp. Everyone laughed. Jonathan’s face started to turn red and he hurried back to where I was sitting and sat down. I gave him a light kiss on his lips and whispered, “That was fun, we should do that more often.” Jon let out a small laugh and smiled pulling me closer to him. I rested my head on his chest as he leaned down to kiss my forehead and we slowly drifted off to sleep.