Status: Complete

The Best Thing That's Ever Been Mine

Chapter 23

The days pasted and I felt better and better each day. Sure there were times where I would break down and cry but I was slowly learning to accept what happened and move on. Both of our parents had gone back to Winnipeg. The team had a few days off before their next game so Jenn, Robyn, Sarah decided that we should all go out tonight since I hadn’t been out in a while. Jon, Patrick, Kaner and Duncan were coming too. We decided to go to a country bar. I was getting ready and trying to figure out what to wear. I decided to wear dark washed skinny jeans, a floral tank top, with a light grey cardigan and black flats. I put my hair in lose side pony and put on a bit of makeup. I came out of the bedroom and saw Jon sitting on one of the bar stools in the kitchen in faded jeans and a red, navy blue and white plaid shirt. “You look beautiful,” Jon said getting off the stool and bending down to give me a kiss. “Thanks you look pretty good yourself.” “Are you sure you’re gonna be okay tonight,” Jon asked. “Yeah I need a night out, it’ll be good for me,” I smiled. We then left and headed to the bar.

We got to the bar and found where everyone else was sitting in a secluded booth near the back. “Hey guys glad you could make it,” Jenn exclaimed as we sat down. “Yeah I am too, this is gonna be fun,” I said excitedly. We talked for a while and had a few drinks. ‘Cowboy Casanova by Carrie Underwood’ came on, “Oh let’s dance,” yelled Robyn, pulling me, Jenn and Sarah out onto the dance floor. All of us dance for a few songs. The next song that came on was ‘Save a Horse Ride a Cowboy by Big n Rich’ and we went to go pull the guys onto the dance floor with us. I was singing along as Jon and I danced our bodies pretty close together. “Alright this next song is for all those couples out there,” the DJ said as ‘Amazed by Lonestar’ came on. Jon put his hands around my waist and pulled me close. I wrapped my arms around him and laid my head on his chest as we swayed back and for to the music. “I’m so in love with you, it just keeps getting better, I wanna spend the rest of my life with you by my side, forever and ever, every little thing that you do, baby I'm amazed by you,” Jon sang quietly in my ear. I smiled up at him and leaned up to kiss him. We danced for a few more songs, the last song being ‘All I Want to Do by Sugarland’. I had my back turned to Jon and was sort of grinding on him. “Let’s just lay here and be lazy, baby drive me crazy, all I want to do-o-o-o, all I want to do-o-o-o, is love you,” I sang running my hands up and down Jon’s chest. I felt Jon start to tense up, “Chelsey are you sure you want to continue doing that,” Jon whispered in my ear. “What happens if I do,” I questioned. “Oh I think you have a pretty good idea of what’s gonna happen,” Jon whispered back. I turned around to face him, “Well maybe we should head home then,” I smirked walking back to the booth to grab my purse.

We got back home and went straight to the bedroom. I grabbed Jon and kissed him hungrily, taking off his shirt. Jon took off my shirt and unbuttoned my jeans. I grabbed the waistband of his boxers and slid them down. Jon unhooked my bra and threw it across the room. He kissed his way from my down to my chest. “Jon,” I moaned running my hands through his hair. Jon smirked and kissed his way back up to my lips. “Are you sure you’re ready to do this?” He asked. “Yeah I’m sure,” I said pulling him down for a heated kiss.

I woke up the next morning and rolled over to see Jon awake. “Morning,” I yawned. “Morning babe,” Jon said giving me a kiss. “How are you feeling today?” Jon asked as I moved closer to him wrapping my arms around his waist. “I think I’m feeling the best I’ve felt in a while. Last night might of had something to do with it too,” I smiled up at Jon. “I’m so glad to hear that,” Jon smiled down at me giving me a kiss. “So what are we going to do today?” I asked. “Well I was thinking we could just stay home, maybe do a little more of what we did last night,” Jon raised his eyebrows suggestively. “That sounds amazing,” I smiled sitting up to kiss Jon. After a few minutes I pulled away and started to climb out of bed. “Where are you going?” “To take a shower, do you want to join me?” I asked standing in the doorway of the bathroom. Jon quickly got up and followed me into the bathroom. Jon and I spent the rest of the day just enjoying the time we had with each other. Things finally seemed like they were beginning to get back to normal.