Status: Complete

The Best Thing That's Ever Been Mine

Chapter 25

It was Friday and I had just gotten off work and was on my way home. I walked into the condo took off my coat and shoes. I walked into the living room and found Jon sitting on the couch watching TV. “Hey babe,” I whispered in his ear wrapping my arms around his shoulders. Jon turned to face me, “Hey come here.” I walked around to the other side of the couch and sat down on Jon’s lap. His arms snaked around my waist pulling me close. “How was work?” “Good, I’m glad it’s the weekend though. Next week is going to be crazy since its spring break. How was practice?” “It was good, I’m glad your home though,” Jon said giving me a kiss. “Me too, so what are we doing tonight?” “I was thinking we could just stay in, maybe order in and watch a movie and whatever else comes to mind,” Jon smirked placing light kisses down my neck. “Jonny, you know we can’t do that, you have a game tomorrow,” I said pushing him away. “I don’t care,” he said kissing me again. I pulled away, “But I do, I want you to be well rested so you can play well. When you guys win tomorrow we’ll celebrate then.” “Fine,” Jon sighed. We spent the rest of the night cuddled up on the couch watching movies.

I woke up the next morning around 8:30. I rolled over to see that Jon was awake. “Morning,” he said giving me a kiss. “Morning,” I replied rubbing my eyes, “How long have you been awake?” “About 15 minutes. Do you want to come to the morning skate with me?” “Sure what time do we have to be there?” “It starts at 10, so if we’re there by 9:30 that should be good.” “Ok well I’m gonna go get ready then,” I said getting out of bed and heading into the bathroom. I decided to wear dark skinny jeans and my navy blue and white pin-striped button up shirt, leaving the top 3 buttons undone. I put on a bit of makeup and decided to just leave my hair down. I walked out of the bedroom and saw Jon getting the last of his things ready. “Ready?” he asked when he saw me. “Yup let’s go,” I replied grabbing my purse and putting on my shoes and coat.

We got to the rink and Jon went into the locker room, while I went to go sit down with Jenn in the player’s bench to watch the practice. Practice was just ending; Jenn and I were sitting on the edge of the boards. “Hey look,” Jenn said pointing to the jumbo screen above the ice. On the screen was ‘the kiss cam’ which they do in between periods with the fans. “Someone must be messing with it,” I said as it landed on Keith and Seabrook. Jenn and I both laughed “Hey Seabs, Duncs look up,” I yelled. Everyone looked up at the screen. “Come on Duncs you know you want to,” Seabs joked. “Ha! Like hell I do,” Keith said as he skated away. Everyone laughed. The screen then moved to Jenn and Kaner. “Come babe,” Kaner said raising his eyebrows. “There’s no way I’m kissing you when you’re all sweaty,” Jenn said pushing him away. Kaner faked hurt and the whole team laughed. The camera then moved to Jon and I. “Well I have no problem kissing you when you’re all sweaty,” I said pulling on Jon’s jersey and kissing him. Jon wrapped his arms around me, picking me up off the boards. I heard hollers and cat calls from the guys, which caused me to pull away from Jon. “That was hot,” Jon whispered in my ear. “Well you’ll get more of that later,” I smirked as Jon put me down. Once Jon came out of the locker room, we headed back to the condo.

A few hours later we were back at the rink for the game. I was in the locker room hanging out with the guys until they had to get ready. I was talking with Jenn when Coach Q came in, meaning that Jenn and I had to leave. “Good luck babe,” I said standing on my tip toes and gave Jon a light kiss on the lips. “Thanks babe.” Jenn and I then left to go take our seats. In the first period Hossa scored giving the Hawks the lead. The score stayed the same in the second period. In the third period the Ducks scored tying the game. The Ducks score again giving them the lead. The Hawks lost 2-1.

“Nice game babe, it was so close,” I said giving Jon a hug as he came out of the locker room. “Yeah whatever,” Jon mumbled. He was clearly upset about the loss. We said goodbye to Jenn and Kaner as we headed out to the parking lot. Once we got home Jon went and sat on the couch, turning on the TV. I could tell that he was still really upset and I wanted to cheer him up. I went over and sat on his lap, “Hey babe it’s alright, you’ll win the next one.” “Yeah I guess,” Jon sighed frustrated. “What can I do to cheer you up?” “Nothing.” “Come on there’s got to be something,” I said wrapping my arms around his neck. “Nope.” “Well I can think of something,” I smiled kissing down his neck. He didn’t react; he just stared at the TV screen. I slowly started unbuttoning my shirt revealing black lace bra. “Chels what are doing?” Jon asked. “I’m trying to cheer you up. Is it working?” “A little,” Jon replied. “Well what if I do this,” I said kissing his lips as I palmed him through his jeans. Jon let out a small groan. I smiled and pulled away getting up off of him. “So you’re just gonna tease me and then walk away?” “There’s a lot more where that came from if you follow me,” I smirked heading towards the bedroom.

I woke up Sunday morning and rolled over to see Jon still sleeping. I ran my fingers through his hair, “Jonathan, wake up,” I whispered in his ear. Jonathan shifted and slowly opened his eyes. “Hey,” he smiled leaning up to kiss me. “What time do you have to leave to catch your flight?” I asked. “The plane leaves 11 so I have to be there by 10.” “So we have two hours before you have to leave, what could we possibly do in that time,” I smirked moving on top of Jon so that I was straddling him. “Oh I have an idea,” Jon smirked leaning up to kiss me and pulling the covers over us. A few hours later I was at the airport saying goodbye to Jon. “So I’ll see you on Friday after the game,” Jon said. “Ok, well good luck,” I said giving him a kiss. “I love you.” “Love you too,” Jon said pulling me in for another kiss.