Status: Complete

The Best Thing That's Ever Been Mine

Chapter 29

I ran into the dressing room after the St. Louis game, jumped into Jon’s arms and gave him a huge kiss. “You did it baby! Congratulations!” I screamed excitedly. Jon laughed, “Thanks Chels,” he said a huge smile on his face. He bent down to give me a kiss and then put me down so he could finish changing out of his equipment. Once Jon was done his shower and getting dressed he came out into the player’s lounge where I was sitting on the couch. “Hey babe ready to go?” “Yup,” I replied getting up and walking out with Jon. We got home and went straight to bed since we had to fly to Detroit tomorrow.

I woke up the next morning to hear the shower running. I rolled over to see that Jon was not beside me. I got out of bed and quietly went into the bathroom. I stripped out of my pyjamas, opened to glass door to the shower and climbed in. I wrapped my arms around Jon’s waist. “Chels, babe what are you doing?” Jon asked with a smile turning around to face me. “I just wanted to congratulate you on the win last night,” I smiled leaning up to give him a wet kiss. “Oh really, and how do you plan on doing that?” “Oh I think you know exactly what I’m going to do,” I smirked pulling him closer and kissing him.

Once Jon and I were done in the shower I went to go get dressed and finish packing. I decided to wear my black Lulu Lemon yoga pants and my white Hollister v-neck t-shirt with pink writing. I wanted to be comfy on the plane. I came out of the closet to finish packing and saw that Jon was packing as well. He was wearing black track pants with the Blackhawks logo on the right thigh just below the pocket and a grey Blackhawks hockey t-shirt. “Hey almost packed?” Jon asked. “Yeah, you?” I replied. “Yup.” We finished putting the last few items into our bags and then headed to the airport. We got to the airport and were walking to go meet the team. Jon put his hand on my lower back as we made our way to where the team was. I saw that Jenn was there as well “Hey Jenn I didn’t know you were coming,” I said. “Oh yeah it was a last minute thing. I’m so excited though,” she replied. “Yeah me t-,” I stopped mid-sentence when I felt Jon squeeze my ass. “What was that for?” I asked turning to face him. “What?” Jon asked trying to look innocent. I just gave him a look. “Hey it’s not my fault your ass looks incredibly hot in those pants. I can’t help myself,” Jon smirked. I just rolled my eyes and shoved him playfully. I continued talking with Jenn until it was then time for us to board the plane.

Once we were on the plane and our bags were stored in the upper compartment Jon and I took our seats. Kaner and Jenn were sitting behind us and Seabs and Duncs were in front of us. I saw Sharpie coming up the isle with a camera filming everyone. “And here we have our captain Jonathan Toews and his gorgeous fiancé Chelsey.” Sharp said making me blush. “Sharpie what are you doing?” Jon asked. “Just doing a little end of the season filming for Blackhawks TV. So Chelsey what attracted you to Toe-ez here? Clearly not his looks or his style,” Sharpie smirked. “Hey!” Jonathan exclaimed. “Well Patrick I what attracted met to Jon was his determination and drive to be the best in whatever he does. I love that he can make me laugh at anytime, the way holds me when I’m sad or scared and tells me everything’s going to be alright. And I personally love his style and to me he’s very attractive,” I said giving Jon a smile. “Thanks baby,” Jon grinned leaning over to kiss me. “Alright I’m gonna go find someone else to bug. You kids be safe!” Sharp yelled as he walked away. Jon just shook his head and laughed. The rest of the flight went pretty smoothly and before I knew it we were in Detroit.

We got to our hotel and put our bags in our room. I went to go take a shower before the team dinner. I came out of the shower and changed into skinny jeans, a white tank top and a turquoise, lime green and black plaid button up shirt. I put a bit of makeup on and put my hair up in a side pony. I came out of the bathroom to see Jon dressed in jeans and a royal blue polo t-shirt. “Hey you look nice,” Jon said giving me a kiss on the lips. “Thanks so do you.” We then headed down to the lobby where we got on the bus and headed to the restaurant. The dinner went well, the guys were laughing and joking and having a good time. Once dinner was over we went back to the hotel. We got in the room and I went to change into my pyjama shorts and a tank top. Jon was already in bed watching TV when I crawled in next to him. “Hey,” I said moving closer to him. “Hey,” Jon replied wrapping his arm around me. “Ready for the game tomorrow?” “Yeah, as ready as I can be.” “That’s good,” I replied leaning up to give him a kiss. “Goodnight.” “Goodnight,” Jon replied giving me another kiss before turning off the TV and going to sleep.

The next morning while the guys were at practice Jenn and I went to go tour around Detroit. We met up with the guys for lunch and then went back to the hotel for the pregame naps. I crawled under the cover next to Jon. “What are you doing?” Jon asked rolling over and putting his arms around me. “I came to take your pregame nap with you. Is that okay?” “Mmmhum,” Jon sighed falling asleep. We woke up about 2 hour later. When we were both ready we headed down to the lobby and got on the bus to go to the arena. Jenn and I sat in the locker room and talked until it was time for the guys to get ready. “Well good luck,” I said to Jon leaning up to give him a long warm kiss. “Thanks baby, see you after the game,” Jon smile. Jenn and I then went to go take our seats for the game. I had a feeling these last two game were going to be very intense.