Status: Complete

The Best Thing That's Ever Been Mine

Chapter 30

Playoffs had ended early for the Hawks this year and it was already the middle of May. Jon and I were getting ready to drive back home to Winnipeg. “Hey Chels, you all packed?” Jon asked coming into the bedroom. “Yup,” I smiled zipping up my suitcase as I felt his arms wrap around me. “Are you excited?” “I can’t wait,” I said turning around to face Jon. Jon smiled and placed a kiss on my lips. “Let’s go then!” “Winnipeg here we come!” I laughed as we headed out to the truck. It was a long drive the first day. Jon and I took turns driving till we got to Minneapolis where we stopped for the night. We got up early the next morning and continued our drive. About 7 hours later we arrived in Winnipeg. I texted my mom saying that we were in Winnipeg and should be at the house in about 30 minutes. She replied saying that they would be at Jon’s parent’s house. We turned down the street where our parents lived and drove into the driveway. We got out of the truck and heard voices coming from the backyard. We went around back and saw both of our parent’s and brothers sitting on the deck. “Hey you guys finally made it!” my mom exclaimed getting off her chair and coming to give me a hug. “Oh it’s so good to see you. How have you been?” Andree asked giving both Jon and I hugs. “Good, busy getting ready for the wedding,” Jon replied. “I can’t believe you two are getting married next month,” my mom replied as we went to go sit down. Jon sat down on a chair and pulled me onto his lap. “I know it seems like just yesterday they were little kids playing on the front lawn together and now they’re getting married,” Andree said. We chatted for the rest of the evening about what everyone had been up to until we decided that we should call it a night. Jon was staying with his parents and I was staying with mine. “Well goodnight,” I said wrapping my arms around Jon. “Goodnight,” Jon said placing a sweet kiss on my lips.

I woke up the next morning around 9am. I showered and changed into my light distressed denim jean shorts that came down to the top of my thigh, my ‘one love’ racerback tank top and my dark brown studded gladiator sandals. I did my makeup and put my hair in a side pony. I grabbed my navy blue and white stripped clutch and my phone. I put my oversized round sunglasses on top of my head and headed out the door and over to Jon’s. I knocked on the door and was greeted by Jon’s dad Bryan. “Hey Chelsey, come on in.” “Thanks,” I replied as I stepped inside. I was in the kitchen talking to Andree when Jon came in. He was dressed in dark brown, grey and white plaid shorts and a white v-neck t-shirt and dark brown flip flops. “Hey Chels,” Jon said as he gave me a hug and a kiss. “Hey,” I replied. “Ready to go?” “Yup.” We said goodbye to Jon’s mom and then headed to meet our friends Tyler, Jake, Meghan and Cindy at the mall. We got to the mall about 10 minutes later. “Hey Chels!” my best friends said giving me hugs as Jon said hello to his best friends. “Hey how have you been?” I asked. “Good, but more importantly how have you two been?”Meghan asked Jon and I. “Pretty good, busy with the wedding.” “I can’t believe you guys are getting married next month,” Tyler said. “I know it’s pretty amazing,” Jon smiled. We walked around the mall for a bit, Jon stopped to sign autographs and take pictures with fans a few times and then we decided to go get something to eat. After we were done eating we went back home.

A few weeks past and today we were leaving to go to Riding Mountain National Park for the wedding. About an hour later we were all packed and ready to go. Our parents were taking one vehicle and Jon, Shane, David and I were driving down in Jon’s truck. We arrived at the cottages we rented for our families about 3 ½ hours later. The rest of our relatives were already there as well. There were 6 small cottages with 5 bedrooms in each. Our families went to go claim cottages. Jon and I got our own little cottage that had one bedroom, a bathroom, and a little kitchen and living room area. It was really cute. Once everyone was settled in we decided to go to the beach. I changed into my red bandeau bikini. I slipped on my denim shorts and a grey v-neck t-shirt over top. I came out of the bathroom and into the kitchen to see Jon in his black swim trunks and a red t-shirt. We walked down to the beach and saw our families sitting by a shaded spot on the grass near the sand. We walked over and laid our blanket out and I put my beach bag down. I kicked off my flip flops and removed my shorts and shirt. “Whoa Chelsey, look at you,” my Auntie Kara said. “What?” I asked looking around. “Well don’t you think that’s a little too revealing?” “No I don’t think so. It covers better than some of the other bikinis I have.” “I think you look cute Chelsey,” my Nana said. “I agree,” said Jon’s grandma. “Thank you,” I replied. “Well I think you look absolutely sexy and if we were alone right now you wouldn’t have that bikini on for much longer,” Jonathan whispered in my ear as he wrapped his arms around me. “Jonathan!” I blushed and gave him a light slap. “Jonny can we go swimming now?” asked Jon’s 4 year old cousin Madison. “Sure,” Jon replied grabbing her hand. “Me too, me too,” said my 4 year old cousin Kyin. “Yes you too,” I smiled grabbing his hand.

We swam with our little cousins for a while until they had, had enough. “I’ll take them back,” I said to Jon. “Alright,” Jon said as he swam over to where Shane and David were with our cousins. I got back to where we were sitting and sat down. Madison and Kyin went to go sit by their mother’s. “Did you have fun with Jonathan and Chelsey?” Madison’s mother asked. “Yes lots of fun!” she replied happily. “What about you Kyin, did you have fun?” My Auntie Tess asked. “Yup, yup,” Kyin replied. “So Chelsey are you excited or nervous for the wedding?” my Auntie Joyce asked. “I’m mostly excited but I’m a little nervous as well,” I replied looking out at the water to see Jon out of the water. Water dripped off him as he walked up to where we were. I couldn’t stop staring at his perfect abs. “Chelsey, Chelsey!” my Aunt Tess said. “Huh, what?” I asked snapping out of my daze. “Can you tear you eyes away from Jonathan’s abs for just a minute,” My Auntie Tess laughed. “Sorry,” I blushed. “Don’t be sorry if your Uncle Brad had abs like that I wouldn’t be able to keep my eyes off them either,” My Auntie Lynda replied. “Hey what were you talking about?” Jon asked coming to sit behind me, his legs on either side of mine. “Just you,” I smiled. “Oh, what about me?” Jon asked raising his eyebrows. “Just how Chels couldn’t keep her eyes off you,” My Auntie Joyce laughed. “I’m just that sexy huh,” Jon smirked wrapping his arms around me. “Don’t get too full of yourself,” I laughed leaning up to give him a quick kiss. It was starting to get overcast so we decided to head back. It was a good thing we went back when we did because just as we stepped inside our cottage it started raining.

We changed out of our bathing suits. I put on a pair of light distressed denim skinny jeans, a light purple deep v-neck t-shirt and my grey zip up Hollister hoodie. I put on a bit of makeup and left my hair down. I came into the living room and saw that Jon was wearing faded jeans, a light grey t-shirt and a navy blue hoodie. “Hey everyone’s going over to my parent’s cottage for the evening,” Jon said when he saw me. “Okay sounds good,” I said as we ran over to the cottage, trying to get as little wet as possible. We had finished dinner and now were just sitting in the living room talking. I was sitting in between Jon’s legs on the floor. I heard a loud crack of thunder and jumped, moving closer to Jon. “Still don’t like thunderstorms, huh Chelsey,” my Uncle Shaun said. “Nope,” I replied burying my face in Jon’s chest as an even louder crack of thunder sounded. Jon wrapped his arms around me and placed a kiss on my forehead. “So is she like this every time there’s a thunderstorm?” Jon’s uncle asked. “Yup,” Jon nodded. “How do you put up with? I think it would get a little annoying after a while,” replied Jon’s uncle. “I don’t mind. Besides it just means I get to hold her more, and you’re kinda cute when you’re scared,” Jon smiled down at me. A really, really loud crack of thunder sounded and I jumped, buried my face into Jon’s chest and covered my ears. “Don’t worry baby, your safe, it can’t hurt you,” Jon whispered in my ear placing a kiss on my temple. “I know but it still scares me,” I whispered back. We talked for a while longer and then decided we should go to bed. We got back to our cottage and I changed into pyjama shorts and one of Jon’s old t-shirts. The thunder sounded again and I ran into bed and pulled the covers over my head. I felt Jon climb into bed, “Oh baby come here.” Jon said pulling me close to him. I rested my head on his chest as he wrapped his arms around me and I slowly fell asleep.