Status: Complete

The Best Thing That's Ever Been Mine

Chapter 31

I woke up the next morning to find Jon’s arms still wrapped around me. I looked up to see that he was still sleeping. I smiled and started to lightly draw circles on his chest with my fingers. I couldn’t believe that tomorrow I would be getting married. I felt Jonathan stir and looked up to see him looking down at me. “Morning,” I said leaning up to give him a kiss. “Morning,” Jon smiled. “So what are we doing today?” “Well I got a text from my mom asking us if we wanted to go to the little bakery for breakfast and then I guess we could just wonder around the shops and go to the beach again,” I said. “Sounds good,” Jon replied leaning down to kiss me. I got up and went to go shower and get ready. After I was done showering I put on my royal blue triangle halter top and matching bottoms. I put my distressed denim shorts with rolled up cuffs which came down to my upper thigh and my yellow tank top. I put my hair up in a pony tail and put a bit of makeup on. I grabbed my bag and headed out of the bedroom. I saw Jon putting his flip flops on by the door. He was wearing his black and grey plaid swim trunks and a royal blue t-shirt. “Ready to go?” Jon asked. “Yup,” I smiled as I slipped on my flip flops. Jon grabbed my hand interlacing our fingers together as we walked to the bakery.

After we were done breakfast we decided to go look at all the little shops that were along the beach. The parents decided to go back to the cottages so it was just all of the cousins from both families. “Hey Chels let’s go in here,” my cousin Mikhayla said as she pointed to a little jewellery shop. “Alright,” I said letting go of Jon’s hand. Jon’s two cousins Ashley and Morgan came with us while the guys waited outside. We came out a few minutes later. “Hey babe, what did you get?” Jon asked looking at the small bag that was in my hand. “I got some earrings, a bracelet and an anklet,” I replied. After wondering around the shops for a while we decided to go to the beach. I texted my mom letting her know that we were heading to the beach. She replied saying that they would meet us there. We got to the beach and saw that all the parents were already there. We walked over and put our bags down. “Hey let’s go rent a motor boat,” David said excitedly. “Yeah who wants to come?” Jon asked. My cousins Mikhayla, Logan, Cole, Drew and my brother Shane said they wanted to go along with Jon’s cousins Ashley, Morgan and Mike. We had to rent two boats since we all wouldn’t fit in one. Jon and I were in one boat with Mikhayla, Ashley and Morgan. David, Shane, Mike, Cole, Drew and Logan were in the other boat. We drove for a little bit until we came to a secluded bay. Jon turned off the motor and put the anchor down. I stood up and took off my shorts and tank top. “Nice bikini Chelsey,” Morgan said. “Yeah it’s really cute,” Mikhayla agreed. “Thanks I like your bikinis too,” I replied. “I really like your bikini too,” Jon replied coming up behind me and wrapping his arms around me. “Well of course you do. You’d probably like it even more if it was off,” Ashley laughed rolling her eyes. “That can be arranged,” Jon whispered in my ear, causing me to blush as he placed a kiss on my check. “Hey are you guys coming in or what,” David yelled from the water. We all jumped in the water. After swimming for a bit I decided to go sit on the rocks by the shore. I got out of the water and laid down on the smooth rock soaking up the sun’s rays and closed my eyes. A few minutes later I felt someone standing over me. I opened my eyes to see that it was Jon. “Hey,” I said sitting up. “Hey come here,” Jon said grabbing my hand and pulling me further up the rock. “Jon where are we going?” “You’ll see,” Jon said pushing me up against a large rock. “Jon,” I breathed as he placed his hands on my hips. “Shhh,” Jon whispered as he brought his lips to mine. I kissed back placing my hands on his chest. Jon ran his tongue along my bottom lip and I immediately allowed him access. His hand moved up my ribs and slowly cupped my breast causing me to let out a moan. Jon smiled and lifted me up by my ass causing me to wrap my legs and arms around his waist and neck. Just as it was getting pretty heated we heard David yell, “Jon, Chelsey we’re ready to leave.” Jon and I reluctantly pulled away and swam back to the boat. “Wow, you two seem out of breath. What were you doing up there?” Morgan smirked. “Yeah what were you doing Chelsey?” Mikhayla smirked. “Oh nothing,” I smiled at Jon. “Sure....” Ashley said.

When we got back to the beach we decided that we should head back to the cottages. We got back to see the rest of the relatives out on the back lawn sitting and talking. My dad and Bryan were at the grill cooking the burgers and hotdogs. “Hey guys did you have fun?” asked Andree. “Yeah we did,” all of us said. “Some more than others,” Ashley smirked giving me a little shove. We went to go sit down with the rest of the relatives. Once we were done eating we decided to have a bonfire. The guys started the fire while the girls went to go get the ingredients to make s’mores and pick out the music. I came out of the cottage carrying the bag of marshmallows. I heard ‘Comin Home by City and Colour’ coming out the iPod speakers as I put the bag on the table and went to go sit on Jon’s lap. I put a marshmallow on my roasting stick and stuck it into the fire. I watched it carefully making sure that it got nice and golden brown. I placed it between two graham crackers with chocolate on them and took a big bite. “Babe you got some marshmallow right here,” Jon said pointing to his lips. I licked my lips, “Did I get it?” “No, here,” Jon said as he leaned in to kiss me. “There now it’s gone,” Jon smiled. ‘All Summer Long by Kid Rock’ came through the iPod speakers. “Oh I love this song! Let’s dance!” Mikhayla said grabbing my hand. Ashley and Morgan joined us as we sang along. The next song that came on was ‘Gimmie That Girl by Joe Nichols’. “Gimmie that girl with her hair in a mess, sleepy little smile with her head on my chest, that’s the you that I like best gimmie that girl,” I sang along while I danced. The next song that came on was ‘Why Don’t You Kiss Her by Jesse McCartney’. I felt Jon’s arms around me and I turned around to face him. “Hi,” I smiled as I placed my hands on his chest. “Hey,” he smiled back as we swayed back and forth. “I love you,” Jon whispered. “I love you too,” I whispered back looking up at him. His hand brushed against my face tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. Jon brought his lips down to mine in a sweet loving kiss. “Awwwww,” Ashley, Morgan and Mikhayla said. I smiled laying my head on Jonathan’s chest as he placed a kiss on my forehead. About an hour later we decided to call it a night. “So I’ll see you tomorrow,” Jon said as he wrapped his arms around my waist. “Yup I guess so,” I said, “It’s gonna be so weird not sleeping beside you.” “I know but just think about all the fun we’ll have tomorrow,” Jon winked. “Jonathan!” I laughed. “Alright well goodnight babe,” Jon said as he placed a kiss on my lips. “Night,” I replied. I was staying at my parent’s cottage while Jon went back to our cottage.

I woke up the next morning at 10am and went into the kitchen. “Hey Chels, how’d you sleep?” my mom asked. “Not that great.” “Oh, how come? Are you excited, nervous?” “A bit of everything at the moment,” I replied. “Don’t worry that’s normal,” my mom reassured me. I then went to go get ready with the help of my mom, nana, grandma, aunts, my best friends and my cousin Mikhayla. “Hey Chels you got a text from Jon,” Mikhayla said as she grabbed my phone off the table. “What does it say?” I asked as I was getting my hair and makeup done. “It says ‘Can’t wait to see you. Only 3 more hours! Love you’.” “Awww how cute,” my Auntie Joyce said. “Can you send a message back for me?” I asked Mikhayla. “Sure what do you want me to say?” “Just write ‘Can’t wait, love you too.” I replied. Once my makeup was done everyone else got into their dresses and did their makeup and hair. “Chels ready to get into your dress now?” my mom asked. “Yup,” I smiled. I slid into my dress and looked at myself in the mirror, the dress looked beautiful. My hair was half up half down with lots of curls and my makeup was just right. “Oh Chelsey,” my mom breathed. “Mom don’t you start crying or I’ll start,” I said. “Sorry, it’s just you looks so stunning.”

It was time to head to the place where we were having the wedding. It was in a secluded area that looked over the water. There was a white arch with greenery and white and purple flowers with white chairs on either side of the aisle. The guests were already in their seats and Jon was standing under the arch with the minister. Cindy was my maid of honour and Mikhayla and Meghan were my bridesmaids. Tyler was Jon’s best man and David and Jake were the groomsmen. Cindy and Tyler were the first ones to walk down the aisle followed by David and Mikhayla and Jake and Meghan. The music began to play and I looped my arm through my dad’s. “You look so beautiful Chelsey,” my dad whispered. “Thanks dad,” I said as I grabbed my bouquet of purple flowers. Everyone stood up as we walked down the aisle. My eyes locked with Jon’s. He looked so handsome in his black suit, light purple shirt and dark purple tie. We got to the front of the arch and my dad gave me a kiss on the check before handing me over to Jon. The minister then started to speak, “Chelsey do you take Jonathan to be your wedded husband. To have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness or in health, to love and to cherish till death do you part?” “I do,” I smiled up at Jonathan. “And Jonathan do you take Chelsey to be your wedded wife. To have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness or in health, to love and to cherish till death do you part?” “I do,” Jon said smiling down at me. “I now preannounce you husband and wife. Jonathan you may kiss your bride.” Jonathan wrapped his arms around my waist and leaned down as I put my hands on his chest and stood on my tip toes. His lips caught mine in the most loving kiss. The guests clapped and cheered. We pulled away with huge smiles on our faces. We turned towards our guests and walked hand in hand down the aisle. The wedding party then went to go take pictures while the other guests went to the reception area. Once Jon and I were done with all the pictures we headed over to the reception. We took our seats with the rest of the wedding party. Once everyone had eaten it was time for the speeches. Cindy and Tyler went first, “I remember the first time Jonny told me that he liked Chelsey. We were 15 and it was the summer before Jon was leaving for Shattuck. I told him he should ask her out, but he was too scared of getting rejected,” Tyler laughed. “Well I remember when Chelsey told me that she liked Jonathan. It was that same summer we were 14, I told her the same thing, but she was convinced that Jonathan didn’t see her as anything more than a friend,” Cindy said. “So after years of being convinced that neither one of them liked each other the same way, I finally convinced Jonny to just ask her out the summer before he left for Chicago,” Tyler smirked. “And it was a good thing you did, because I don’t think I could have taken anymore of Chelsey’s ‘I wonder if he likes me? Or he probably doesn’t feel the same way.’” Cindy laughed. “So here’s to Jon and Chelsey, may you have love and happiness for the rest of your lives together,” Tyler concluded raising his glass.

A few more speeches were given from our parents and brothers and then it was time to cut the cake. “You’re not gonna throw it in my face are you?” I asked Jon as he put his hand over top of mine as we cut into the cake. “No, but you better not throw it in my face either,” Jon laughed. “Oh I won’t, don’t worry.” We cut the cake and each grabbed a little piece with our hand and fed it to each other, laughing as we sort of missed the other’s mouth. Jon leaned over and gave me a kiss as we went to go sit back down. “I’d like to invite the newlyweds out onto the dance floor for their first dance as husband and wife,” Mike said who was the DJ for the night. “Care to dance,” Jon smiled and held out his hand. “I’d love too,” I smiled grabbing his hand as we went onto the dance floor. “So what song did you pick?” I asked as I put my hands on Jon’s chest and he put his hands around my waist. “You’ll see,” he said. The music started to play and I heard ‘From This Moment On by Shania Twain.’ I looked up at Jon and smiled, “Of course you picked this song.” We looked lovingly into each other’s eyes and just swayed back and forth to the music. “I love you Mrs. Toews,” Jon smiled. “I love you too,” I smiled back as Jon captured my lips in a kiss as the song ended. The guests were now free to come on the dance floor. All of our cousins and friends came on the dance floor as ‘Captain Crash and the Beauty Queen from Mars by Bon Jovi’ came over the speakers. “Chelsey can I dance with you?” asked Kyin. “Of course,” I grinned picking him up and began to dance. I looked over at Jon who was dancing with Madison in his arms and smiled. We dance with our cousins and friends for a few more songs. ‘Come a Little Closer by Dierks Bentley’ came over the speakers and I saw my parents, grandparents, Jon’s parents and grandparents and other couples come onto the dance floor. I felt Jon’s arms wrap around me and turned to face him. “Hi,” I smiled leaning up to kiss him. “Hi, dance with me?” “Well if I have to,” I joked. Jon just smiled and shook his head as we danced. We mingled and danced for a few more hours. “Okay this is the last song of the night,” Mike said over the speakers as ‘Truly Madly Deeply by Savage Garden’ started to play. Once the song was over Jon and I said goodbye to everyone and went back to our cottage, locked the door and had an amazing night full of passion and love.

I woke up the next morning in Jon’s arms. I looked up at him to see that he was already awake. “Morning my beautiful wife,” he smiled leaning down to kiss me. I smiled, “Morning husband.” “So how does it feel to be Mrs. Toews?” “It feels amazing,” I said kissing him again. My phone buzzed, I looked at it to see that I had a text from my mom. “Who is it?” asked Jon. “My mom she said everyone’s going to the beach around 1pm and we can meet them down there,” I replied looking at the clock to see it was 12pm. “Alright sounds good,” Jon replied getting up and going into the bathroom. I heard the shower start and walked into the bathroom, quietly opened the shower door and stepped in. “Hi,” I said wrapping my arms around Jon’s waist. He turned around and smiled, “Hey, what are you doing?” “You really think I could pass up an opportunity to shower with my husband,” I smiled running my hands up and down his chest. “I don’t think so,” I said standing on my tippy toes and gave him a passionate wet kiss. Jon and I came out of the shower about an hour later. I changed into my black triangle halter bikini top and matching bottoms. I threw on a red v-neck and jean shorts. Jon changed into his black and grey plaid swim trunks and a grey v-neck. Once we were ready we headed to the beach. “Wow took you guys long enough,” Mikhayla said as we took off our clothes so we were in our swim suits and sat down, Jon was sitting behind me with his legs on either side of mine and arms around my waist. “Yeah what took you guys so long?” asked Drew. “Sorry we got a little distracted while getting ready,” I smiled up a Jon. “So how does it feel to be newlyweds?” asked Jon’s aunt. “Amazing,” Jon smiled leaning down to give me a quick kiss. “So you guys had a good time last night?” Andree asked. “Yes we did,” I replied. “We had an even better time once we got back to our cottage,” Jon smirked. “Jonathan!”I yelled giving him a light smack on the chest. “What? Chels it’s not like they didn’t know what we were going to do,” Jon replied. “Okay, changing the subject. I’m going swimming, who’s coming?” asked David. “Me,” shouted Mikhayla, Ashley, Morgan, Shane, Logan, Cole, Drew and Mike. “Chels, you coming?” Jon asked standing up. “No I think I might just lay here and work on my tan,” I said. “Oh no, get your sexy little ass up and into the water,” Jon said grabbing my hand and pulling me up. “You just want to see me all wet,” I smirked as we walked down to the water. Jon just laughed and picked me up throwing me over his shoulder and ran into the water. “Jonathan!” I giggled, “Put me down.” “Put you down? Alright,” Jon said as he threw me into the water. I surfaced and swam over to Jon who was laughing. “You’re so gonna get it.” “Really bring it on.” “Nope I’m gonna wait till we’re alone to punish you,” I smirked. “Oooohhh sounds kinky,” Jon replied with a smirk. “Really that’s all you can think about?” I laughed. “At the moment yes,” Jon replied wrapping his arms around my waist. “I can’t help it if my wife is extremely beautiful, smart, talented, funny and sexy,” he said in between kisses. I smiled, “Well I guess I can forgive you for that.” “So you’re not going to punish me?” “Nope.” “Oh.” “What?” I asked. “Well I was kinda hoping you would. Just thinking about what you were going to do to me was turning me on,” Jon replied. “Really, well we’ll just have to find something else to do,” I said as we walked out of the water and back to where everyone was sitting.

We decided to go back to the cottages and have dinner. It was about 7pm and we were sitting around the campfire talking. My grandpa was telling some story but I wasn’t really paying attention. I was sitting on Jon’s lap and he kept whispering in my ear about all the things he wanted to do to me. I was getting more turned on with each passing minute. “Babe I don’t know how much more I can take,” I whispered in his ear. “In that case we should go right now,” Jon said standing up. “Where are you two going?” Morgan asked. “Um...we’re gonna head to bed,” Jon replied grabbing my hand. “Why it’s only 7pm,” Drew said. “Uh...we’re tired,” I replied. “Sure you are,” Ashley said. “Don’t forget to use protection!” Mike yelled as we were walking away. We wasted no time once we got into our cottage. Clothes flew off as we made our way to the bedroom. About an hour later Jon and I were just lying in bed. “Are you hungry?” I asked. “Yeah, you?” Jon asked. “Yeah, I’ll go see if there’s any food,” I replied getting out of bed and throwing one of Jon’s t-shirts on as I headed out into the kitchen. I decided to make grilled cheese sandwiches. Just as I was taking the last sandwich out of the frying pan Jon came out in his boxers. “Mmm smells good baby,” Jon said as he wrapped his arms around me. “Thanks,” I said as I bit into my sandwich. I felt Jon’s eyes on me. “What?” I asked. “Nothing.” “No, what do I have something on my face?” I asked. “No I was just thinking,” Jon replied. “About what?” “Just how good you look in my shirt,” he replied. I smiled, “Are you sure you wouldn’t like to see me out of it more?” I smirked walking over to him. “Well, now that you mention it...” Jon smirked placing his hands on my ass and giving me a kiss. He picked me up and carried me to the bedroom for another amazing night.