Status: Complete

The Best Thing That's Ever Been Mine

Chapter 9

It was Friday, Jon and the team were leaving in the afternoon to go to Detroit for the game tomorrow. I was at work waiting for my lunch break. The children had a day off school so it was pretty crazy. I looked up at the clock and saw that it was 11:30, time for me to go on my break. I walked into the staff room, grabbed my lunch out of the fridge and went to go sit down on the couch. I looked at my phone and saw that I had a text from Jon. ‘Hey babe, just wanted to say goodbye before we leave. Hope you have a good afternoon at work. I’ll call you when you get off work. Love you.’ I sent a message back saying, ‘Thanks, have a safe flight. Talk to you later. Love you too.’ The afternoon went by surprisingly quick. I got home, grabbed something to eat and went to sit on the couch with my laptop. I felt my phone vibrate and saw that it was a text from Jon, ‘Are you home yet? If you are then go on Skype.’ I replied, ‘Yup just got home a few minutes ago. Alright I will see you soon.’ I went on Skype to find Jonathan waiting there patiently. “Hi,” I said smiling. “Hey, how was work?” “Alright, I’m glad it’s the weekend though.” “Are you ready for the game tomorrow?” “Yeah as ready as I can be. You’re gonna watch it right?” “Of course you know I never miss a game.” “Good, well I’ve got to go, goodnight babe. Love you.” “Ok goodnight, love you too,” I said logging off and heading to bed.

I woke up the next morning around 10 and decided to go take a nice long shower. When I was done I went to go find something to wear. I looked at my phone sitting on the bed and saw that Jon had texted me, ‘Morning just wanted to text you before the game. Love you.’ I responded, ‘Morning good luck and I love you too. See you when you get home.’ I walked over to my closet to find something to wear. I decided on faded blue skinny jeans with knees ripped, a grey lace tank top and a turquoise v-neck long sleeve shirt. I grabbed the jersey Jonathan had given me, put it on and headed out into the living room to watch the game. The game was pretty intense with lots of end to end action. The Hawks ended up winning 3-1. Now I just had to wait for Jon to get home. I searched the guide and noticed that ‘The Princess Bride’ was on. I decided to watch it.

A few hours later I heard the door opening. “Chels, I’m home,” Jon said coming in and shutting the door. “Hey, great game babe,” I said getting up off the couch and walking over to Jon wrapping my arms around him, giving him a light kiss. “Thanks,” he said a yawn escaping from his lips. “Tired?” I asked. “Yeah, I didn’t have a very good sleep last night and it was a long flight.” “Oh, how come?” I asked. “Because I didn’t have you lying next to me,” Jon replied. I smiled, “Well maybe we should go to bed since you’ve got a game tomorrow morning.” “Yeah that sounds good,” Jon said kissing my forehead as we headed towards the bedroom and crawled into bed.

The alarm went off at 6:30 the next morning. “It’s too early to get up,” I said rolling over to Jon. “You go back to sleep, I’ll wake you when I’m done my shower,” Jon said giving me a kiss on the check and getting out of bed. “Alright,” I said rolling over and going back to sleep. About 30 minutes later I felt Jon shaking me, “Chels time to get up.” “Oh ok,” I said as I made my way to the bathroom to shower. I got out and went to go find something to wear. I decided on blue faded skinny jeans, a white tank top and a yellow, navy blue, white and black plaid shirt. I did my make-up and put my hair up in a side pony. I grabbed my jersey and headed into the living room. I saw Jon getting his bag ready. He looked so good in his suit. “Hey sexy,” I said coming up to him, wrapping my arms around his waist and giving him a long warm kiss. Jon smiled, “Hey babe, ready to go?” “Yup,” I replied as we put on our coats and shoes and headed out the door.

We got to the rink and headed down to the locker room. Jon opened the door and saw that nobody else was there yet. “Hey come here,” Jon said grabbing my hand and pulling me into locker room and into the room where the coaches and players could relax before and after the game. He led me to the couch and sat down. “Jon what are we doing?” I asked. “This,” Jon said as he leaned over to kiss me. I was surprised at first but then kissed him back. “I’ve wanted to do that ever since I got home yesterday,” Jon said pulling away. “Well why stop then,” I said pulling Jon closer to me and kissing him. Our lips moved in sync together. We shifted on the couch so Jon was now lying on top of me. I wrapped my arms around Jon’s neck, pulling him even closer. I felt Jon’s hands slowly slid up my shirt. His touch sent shivers down my spine. I thought I heard the locker room door open but I just ignored it. “How much longer are you two gonna make out, cause we have a game to play.” Jon and I quickly pulled away to see Kaner, Sharp, Turco and Seabs all looking at us with smirks on their faces. “We probably would have kept going if you guys hadn’t walked in on us,” Jon said getting up off the couch. “Oh I don’t even want to know where that was going,” Turco said walking back to his stall, Sharp and Seabs just laughed. “Guess I should go get ready,” Jon said turning to me. “Ok well good luck,” I replied giving him a quick kiss and walking out of the locker room and heading to my seat.