I'll Never Stop

Sol Jaune Beach

We used to come here all the time, just for the sunset and the soft sand. I have never touched sand as soft as the one at Sol Jaune Beach, and I doubted I ever would. No one came here except us, so we could always count on being alone. We had so many memories, both good and bad.

I stared out at the sun that was setting along the horizon and let the tall, foamy waves crash against my shins. The water was warm and comfortable. He would love it if he were there with me. He would take me waist-deep and kiss at my neck as we stared at the sky for absolutely no reason. He adored the simple things as much as I did. He made our relationship like a cheesy romance movie, but I, of course, did not care in the slightest bit. As long as he loved me I was happy, and he made me feel like it was impossible for that to ever change.

Now it could never change. He passed, completely in love with me. The cancer spread to his vitals- it had not taken much time. I was just glad that he knew that there was nothing in the world I loved more than I loved him.

I let the setting sun take hold of my denial to drag it away from me, and allowed the waves to wash away the shock. I would let myself heal, but as I promised him many times...

...I would never stop loving him. Ever.