Disallusioned Mentality.

The Test

The bar I work in is actually made up of two parts. There's a pool hall to the left that's raised up a little higher than the rest of the of the large room and the bar and front door facing it are in the main portion of the place. It was set up this way so we could make money off of drunk guys who thought they could take each other in pool and would go on endlessly trying to beat each other and endlessly getting even more drunk and confident about it.
My shift was almost over, when some drunk asshole from the pool tables called me over to order a drink. He slurred his speech, but managed to yell, "Hey baby, how about a round for the table?" laughed a little and looked at the rest of the guys in his group. I rolled my eyes and started walking over when I noticed Will and some of the other guys. Fan-fucking-tastic. I decided to just ignore them and took the drunk guy's order and started to walk back to get it.
"Has Em met Ben before?" Will asked one of the guys he was with, smiling like he was up to something.
Now there's something you have to understand about Ben. He's mildly attractive, completely naive, and thinks he's God's gift to women. He'd moved here about a month ago,and met Will
"No, I've seen her around here before, but I don't know her." Ben said, looking over at me like he was determining my bra size.
Will pulled Ben over to him and whispered his plan to him. Ben looked confused for a moment, but nodded in agreement to Will's idea and walked over to the rail separating the raised floor from the pool hall and the bar and waited for me to pass with a widening grin on his face. Will sat back in his seat and put his arm around Natasha next to him.
I started to walk back after dropping off the round of drinks at the pool table behind them with a tray under one arm. When I passed Ben, I didn't bother to look in his direction, but he put his hand on my arm and made me stop.
"I'm sorry, you just look so familiar. Are you a model?" He said, keeping his hand on my arm.
I smiled, set down the tray, and flipped back one side of my hair. "Oh my God! How did you know? Are you an agent? I'm Emma." I moved a little closer to him, leaving about an inch and a half between us.
He struggled a little, getting increasingly more nervous, but trying to play it cool and calm."Um, well I could get you a job if that's what you want, but... you know I'd want something in return"
I smiled, moving even closer to him pushing him up against the rail he was leaning on. I bit my lip, and whispered in his ear" I'm sure we can figure something out"
"Really?" He replied, looking somewhat surprised and slightly excited.
"No." I said flatly as I grabbed the tray behind me, bashing him in the head with it, and shoving him over the rail.
He tumbled below the rail looking up at me, dazed and almost impressed at what had just happened. I could hear Will and Natasha and some of the other people there with him laughing. I turned away from the rail, grabbed the tray, walked back to the bar, tossed my apron and tray on the counter, clocked out and left work.