Status: So, I don't save my chapters after I write them, and I finished it... And now it's all gone. I'm not ***ing writing them again, so sorry to those who were trying to read. Blame Mibba.

One Last Breath

Ten;

Skylar

For once in my life, my work out time had actually been fun and enjoyable. Noah had been working with me at the same pace, and when I started to get tired, he would let us take a break and massage the muscles that I had just been using. This was quite nice, and I was amazed by how relaxed his fingers made the destroyed muscle. Each part of my legs, and now my arms, always had a small level of ache, but whenever Noah was kneading into my skin, those twinges of pain disappeared for a while. It reminded me of how healthy I had been as a child.

"I'm exhausted," I sighed an hour later, my body clean after getting out of the warm bath water. Noah looked over at me and smiled, holding his hand out to me. I took it and he pulled me to his side, making me bump into him while doing so.

"Ow," I complained, sending him a glare. He just kept that damn beautiful smile on his face and put his arm over my shoulder, pulling me in even closer. I sighed in content and walked with him, saying nothing and just enjoying the silence that had wrapped around us like a blanket.

I never understood why, but good things always came and went too quickly. The walk between Noah and I went by too quickly. Instead of my room being on another floor, it felt like it had been around the corner. His warmth had seeped into my cold body, and I wanted this moment to last forever. Unfortunately, as soon as we walked through the door, Noah removed his arm from around me and ushered me towards the bed.

I climbed into bed and Noah sat down in his chair—he sat there so often when we were cooped up in my room it really had become his—and connected our eyes. He smiled at me briefly before he opened his mouth to say something to me.

"I know that you hate that you have to do a lot more exercising now-"

"I loathe it," I corrected, but motioned for him to go on. He chuckled lightly but continued where he left off.

"And since it is getting a little harder for you, I thought we could go through some different therapeutic methods to maybe relax your muscles."

I narrowed my eyes curiously, wondering what exactly he meant by that. "And what does that entail?"

"Consider it my surprise."

"I don't like surprises."

"I've come to find that most women don't."

"I like surprises," Julia's voice piped up from behind, causing Noah and I to look at her. She smirked at us both and skipped her way inside, sitting on the end of my bed.

"Too bad, it's my surprise," I said, spitting my tongue out at her.

"Well," she countered, looking at Noah with that mischievous smile on her face, "You can have that surprise and I can have Dr. McKnight over here."

I knew that Julia was kidding, but a little wave of jealous hit me, making me bite down on my lip. I pushed that feeling aside and rolled my blue eyes. "Lucas would be crushed."

"He's not opposed to being in a threesome."

"Okay, well I'm going to leave before this gets any more awkward," Noah stated, standing up with a shake of his head. He knew that Julia was playing around, and I found it nice of him to put up with her shit. He said goodbye to us and left.

"We hate to see you go, but we love to watch you leave!" Jul yelled, making me laugh in the process.

"You are horrible," I got out between my laughs. Julia just sat there with her arms crossed over her chest, a proud smirk on her face.

"You know you love me."

"Sometimes I wonder why," I mumbled, earning a slap in the arm. I gasped at her and smacked her with a pillow.

That, in itself, turned into an all-out pillow war.

Noah

Julia and Skylar were the weirdest couple you could ever imagine. But when you dug deeper into Skylar's humorous personality, you could understand how the hit it off so well.

And although Skylar was the more reasonable one between the two, I sometimes wished that she could be as straight forward and blunt as Julia. Maybe if the blond said something a little risky, that would give me all the courage I needed to do the same thing.

Yes, I liked my patient, as wrong as it seemed. Skylar was beautiful, funny, and easy to connect to. We had been together as doctor and patient for a month or so now, and I noticed that we had become closer than I had expected. That girl just had an effect on me, and maybe it was because she was using some kind of magic on me with those baby blue eyes.

And I wanted to believe that maybe I had the same effect on her that she did on me. Maybe I drove her as crazy as she drove me. Was it possible that I was on her mind when we weren't together? Was it stupid to think that anything could happen between us?

Probably, because she was so much younger, she was my patient, and she was going to die.
♠ ♠ ♠
It seems like this story has gotten father than ten chapters, but here we are with only one double digit.

Nine stars; 225 readers; 70 subs; and 31 comments :] Thank you all very much!

Comment and Subscribe?

*Ashen Faced