Status: So, I don't save my chapters after I write them, and I finished it... And now it's all gone. I'm not ***ing writing them again, so sorry to those who were trying to read. Blame Mibba.

One Last Breath

Thirteen;

Skylar

I had said that I was going to live, and by that I was not going to dwell on the death of Julia, as well as Lucas. It meant that she was going to try and live her life to the fullest while I still had the chance to do so. But saying it had been so much easier.

I was sitting on my bed, my knees pressed against my chest, and every now and then, I would look over at the other side of the room where the empty bed lay.

Julia's parents had come here yesterday and packed up all of her things, every last remnant of their daughter had been taken from the room, and now it felt so empty. The bed to the left of me was made perfectly, the thin blanket folded back and smoothed so there were no bumps in the surface. The exact opposite of how Julia used to have it.

How was I supposed to live without Julia, my best friend? I hadn't been alone once in this entire hospital since the day I had first come here. And now, I was completely and utterly alone. Maybe it would not have been so bad if Lucas and I had been able to share our sorrow together, but he was gone too.

I bit my lip, trying to stop the burning that was rushing through my eyes and nose from wanting to cry. I was strong, damn it, and I refused to cry. Julia wouldn't have wanted me to. If she were here, she would be yelling at me for even thinking this hard about her death.

But not matter how many times I told that to myself, I still couldn't believe it. She was gone, and she wasn't coming back. I didn't know how I was supposed to deal with it.

The door to my room opened without a lock, and I looked up to see Noah standing there, his eyes full of worry as he looked at me. That was another thing I hated; ever since Julia and Lucas' funeral, I had been miserable and he had worried about me.

"Hey Skylar," he mumbled, walking into the room and closing the door completely behind him.

"Hi," I replied, unwinding myself from my own body into a more friendly, as well as comfortable, position. Noah sat on the end of my bed and placed his large hand on my knee, making it tingle even through the blanket that coated me.

"Are you feeling good enough to go to therapy today?" he asked me softly.

I ran a hand through my hair, which had gotten a little messier since the last time I had brushed it. I nodded my head and went to get up, but Noah stopped me.

"Skylar… if you're not feeling up to it, I do not want you to go. I'm worried about you."

God, could he make me feel any worse? I looked down at my hands and wrung them. The man sighed, as if he knew what I had been thinking.

"Look at me Skylar."

When I didn't do what he asked immediately, he took his other hand and brought my face to meet his. His brown eyes bore into mine with a burning passion that made me want to shiver. The combination of that stare and his touch made me want to reach over there and kiss him. But I had to learn how to control myself around him.

"You told me you were going to live," Noah said, repeating what I had thought to myself only a few moments before, "but you're just sitting around. I can understand that you are mourning, but Julia wouldn't want you to feel like this."

Could this man read my mind? I bit my lip and nodded my head. "It's just hard. I was the one that was supposed to I leave before her, not the other way around. What am I supposed to without her? She was my best friend and now she's gone."

"I thought I told you before, I'm always going to be here for you."

And then he kissed me. Pulled my face towards his and connected our lips together in a kiss, longer than the few we had before. It was safe in my room, because everyone except for him and Julia knocked, but there was still a factor of danger in this, and it was driving me crazy.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, bringing him in closer, and he gently started to lay us down on the bed, with me pinned under his body. Our kiss was turning rough, but he continued to stay gentle with my body, knowing how fragile I really was.

His hands went behind my head, locking around into my head and massaging my scalp. I moaned into this kiss, something I was embarrassed by, but continued on anyway. This man had taught me everything I needed to know about kissing, even if he didn't know it, because he was the first man I had ever been with romantically.

Sad, but when you have a fatal disease, the opposite sex tended to stay away from me.

Noah pulled away, my bottom lip softly between his teeth before he let go. His warm eyes stared into mine, and I noticed that this had caused that worried expression to leave his orbs. I think the pain had left from mine as well.

"This is hurting me too, and I think we need each other to get through this. I want to take your pain away."

"Noah…"

I really didn't have anything else to say, but Noah didn't give me a chance to do or say anything else. He just sat us up and pulled me off of the bed. I fell into his arms willingly and watched as he smiled down at me. He was so fucking gorgeous.

"Come on, I have a surprise for you."
♠ ♠ ♠
This update is dedicated to my bestfriend and wife, Wishful Thinking (AKA Piranha)

She was the one that decided what I updated :]

I have a one-shot out, Take Me There, made for the wonderful autumn;knight, who won my contest. Check the one-shot, and her work, out.

Comment and Subscribe?

*Ashen Faced