Status: So, I don't save my chapters after I write them, and I finished it... And now it's all gone. I'm not ***ing writing them again, so sorry to those who were trying to read. Blame Mibba.

One Last Breath

Nineteen;

Skylar

Laughter exploded from the kitchen, causing the kids and Anthony to jump. I chuckled at them and rolled my eyes at the adults that had made the noise. Shortly after we had eaten, the family had shooed the younger ones away so they could talk about my younger years. I, of course, could stay because I was an adult, but I didn't really need to be blushing because of the stories they would tell, so I joined this group. After becoming bored because of doing nothing, I asked Anthony if he wanted to learn a dance.

"Don't mind them, I swear, they may be the kids," I said, pulling the teen back to me with a smile.

"I agree with that," he mumbled, "but do you really think we should be doing this? I know that-"

"Oh hush you, if I was worried about me, would I be doing this?"

"Yes," he replied, as if it had been a stupid question. I narrowed my blue eyes at him.

"Just shut up and straighten out your arms. We almost have the full dance down anyway. I never pegged you as a fast learner."

"I've actually been taking some classes," he mumbled quietly, not looking directly into my eyes. I just smiled and continued on.

We began to twirl around in circles while I hummed the music. Each beat was perfect, or as perfect as it was going to be for us, and I was proud of my brother. And this whole time, we hadn't said a bitter word to one another.

"That was really good Anthony. Want to start it again from the beginning?"

I stepped to the right, about to start us off again, when someone clearing their throat caught our attention. We looked over and saw my father standing there, his arms crossed over his chest. I felt Anthony tense in my grip, but I gave the man an innocent smile.

"What do you two think you're doing?" he questioned, his foot tapping on the wooden floorboards.

"Dancing, what does it look like?" I replied sweetly, still smiling.

"Skylar, you know that you're not supposed to dance."

I shrugged my shoulders at him. I was pretty sure that I knew that better than anyone in this household. It was a legitimate question, however, so I answered it truthfully.

"I need to exercise everyday as well, so let's just say that this is my exercise for the day."

I heard Noah's familiar chuckle float over to me, and he emerged from behind my father with a very amused smile on his handsome face.

"You know, she's right. As far as I know, she hasn't done much of anything physical today, so this could be her exercise."

"So, to put it bluntly, I just won this argument," I said triumphantly while Anthony laughed in my arms. Everyone but my dad seemed to be amused, though it was nice to see him care so much, especially after the incident from yesterday.

Noah

I pulled gently on Skylar's father's arm, catching his attention so that I could talk to him under my breath so only he could hear.

"She does need to move around each day, more than just a little bit of walking. She doesn't usually enjoy it all that much and would do without it if she could. Why not let her dance and move that way, happily, than make her lift weights?"

His face had shown that he had been ready to argue before I had mentioned anything, but he stopped. His eyes flicked over to Skylar, who was taking small and careful steps with a smile on her face. She really was enjoying herself, and anyone could see that.

"Yes, that is better than lifting weights. I just don't want my little girl getting hurt."

"She's a very careful girl; she wouldn't push herself too far just to dance."

"Alright, time for the music!" I heard Skylar exclaim, catching my attention.

"I don't know, you act like we’re perfect already," her brother said, sounding very uncertain.

"Well, I'm always perfect, so I think we'll be okay."

I saw the look on Anthony's face and had to stop myself from laughing. Skylar did it for me, however, and laughed and gave him a little smirk while she danced her way over to the music player. I watched her carefully while she picked the song that the two of them had danced to before rushing back over to her brother to get back into their stance.

The beginning of the song was very slow, with high pitched noises that made it sound like a music boxed lullaby. When the words finally came through the stereo, they started to waltz around the room, their moves quick and accurate at first.

Because Anthony wasn't a master like Skylar, his moves were not as complicated as they could have been, and Skylar was doing the more strenuous of the dance, which concerned me a little. They had been practicing this while we had all been in the kitchen, so she was working her body more than she usually did.

Over the music, I hear people shuffling in from the kitchen and turned around to see some of the girl's family standing behind me, watching the show that was going on before them. Skylar's mother had a hand over her mouth and the beginning of tears starting in her eyes. It had been a long time since she had seen her daughter dancing.

The two began to spin around, and I saw the humored smiles they had on their faces as they did so, controlling their laughter in the dance move. Even though they were only in some comfortable clothes, I could imagine a dress swirling around Skylar's legs, clinging to her body as she moved. After that, the temp of the song sped up, causing them to move even faster, and I was left shocked at the grace and fluidness of their moves.

Before the music came to a slower pace, Anthony took a good hold on his sister and dipped her very low to the floor, letting her hair spill onto the hardwood floor and fan out behind her. As the lyrics once again began, he slowly picked her up from that position, letting her body arc back before she was once again standing up straight.

Then once again, everything was fast paced and they twirled around as if it was what they were made to do, their footsteps so close that one mistake would sent them crashing to the floor, but they were good, and they continued to put on their show for us.

"This romance is from afar
Calling me silently
I can't keep on watching forever
And I'm giving up this view just to tell her"

Anthony lifted Skylar above his head while the song's climax came to an end, letting her slowly come back to her feet as the opening replayed, ending the song completely with a gentle melody. They still stood together when the silence fell over the room, but jumped apart when everyone began to clap.

"You two are a wonderful pair. I never knew that you were so skilled Anthony," Ms. White said, her hands clasped together while her tears dried on her cheeks.

Anthony blushed and moved some of his hair out of his face. "I forgot that they were watching."

Skylar smiled at him and pushed his shoulder, catching his attention and making his blush fade away.

"That's the passion of something you love. You wholeheartedly put yourself into something and forget everything else. You're really good at this."

"Thanks Sky."

"Don't call me Sky," she hissed, making everyone laugh.

"Alright, I need to take my patient away and make sure she rests, this was a lot of work for her today."

I walked over to her and wrapped an arm around her shoulder, pulling her close to me so we could walk together back to her room. I was surprised to find her whole body shaking under mine. I wanted to ask if she was okay, but her face was bright and nothing at all seemed wrong with her, so I didn't ask. She didn't want anyone else but me to know what was wrong with her. My face softened as I escorted her out, saying goodbye to all her family that I had met.

When we got into one of the deserted hallways away from everyone else, she let herself go and leaned heavily, shaking against me and I knew it wasn't because of the cold. I pulled her close and tried to stop the movement, but it was her muscles doing it, and her brain couldn't tell them to stop.

"You did that all for him, didn't you?" I asked her quietly. She laughed, and even that sounded shaky.

"He's really good," is all she said.

I agreed with her and helped her back into her room, laying her down on her bed and waiting beside her until the shakes finally stopped, which wasn't until a long time from then.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, I have been a little stuck on what to do with this story, but here is the latest chapter. I hope you all enjoy.

BTW, the song they were dancing to was "So She Dances" by Josh Groban

Comment and Subscribe?

*Ashen Faced