Status: So, I don't save my chapters after I write them, and I finished it... And now it's all gone. I'm not ***ing writing them again, so sorry to those who were trying to read. Blame Mibba.

One Last Breath

Seven;

Skylar

"Julia, I'm not too sure about this."

"Skylar, will you shut up? If you keep talking so loudly, you're going to get us caught!" the brunette whispered harshly, giving me a glare. I pouted at her, but shut my mouth. Excuse me for imputing my opinion. If we got caught, I was throwing Julia under the bus for this.

We were both wearing some old, tattered clothes with no shoes on, that way none of the doctors that passed by would not hear us. Truthfully, I was surprised we hadn't been caught already, with all the men and women walking around. I didn't understand why we were acting all 'stealth' like either. It wasn't odd for Julia and I to be wandering around the hospital. But, I didn't necessarily question it.

Finally, the two of us had made it to the first floor, and Julia walked out of the elevator on her tip toes, looking back and forth before exiting and scurrying to the back of the wing. With a confused glance, I followed after her, making sure to be just as quiet.

"Why are we going all the way to the back?" I whispered.

"We can't just walk out the front door, someone would see us; like, I don't know, the receptionists?"

I huffed and once again kept quiet. She didn't need to have such an attitude with me, it's not like I was struggling against this plan or anything.

We got closer and closer to the back door, where most of the employees entered through, and when the door came in sight, the two of us rushed at it like it was a door to freedom, which I guess it was. Julia pushed it open, and the heavy sound of rain hit my ears, making me deaf for a moment. The second we weren't under the canopy, the rain soaked us to the bone.

Julia laughed out loud and ran into the parking lot, acting like a little child again and splashing in the puddles that had been made. Her laughter was contagious and I started to giggle as well, following her into the parking lot, but pulling us to the side so we didn't get hit by a car.

I started spinning around with my arms thrown out and smile on my face. The cool raindrops hit every part of my body and I felt my mind slipping into a memory of the last time I had done something like this. I had been twelve years old, all alone at home and bored out of my mind when it had started to rain. With one glance at the storm, I had already made my mind and was out the door in a second.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when a large amount of water splashed in my face and I squealed. I opened my blue eyes and glared at Julia, who was standing off to the side with a wide grin on her face. She had just splashed me with one of the puddles she had jumped in.

Just as I was about to get back at her, a deep and now familiar voice broke our staring contest. "What are you two doing out here?!"

Turning around, I noticed Noah standing there, already wet to the bone after only having been in the downpour for a second or two. I felt myself shrink back now that we had been caught, and my eyes flicked back to Julia, who didn't seemed ashamed in the least bit.

Noah

"No, I don't care what you're doing out here, get back inside!"

Skylar, who held shame in her eyes, hurried under the safety of the canopy, turning to wait for Julia, who was taking her sweet time. When she passed me, her eyes scanned me up and down.

"You don't look too bad wet, Dr. McKnight."

I blushed at the comment but pushed that back and ushered the two girls inside. When people laid their eyes on us, they stared and wondered what the hell had happened to us. I sighed and pushed them into the elevator, pushing the number of the floor and stood there, waiting.

From the corner of my eye, I noticed Skylar's thin form was shaking some and her arms were wrapped around her, indicating that she was cold. I really couldn't blame her, and I myself was feeling a little chill after having been in the rain.

We quickly made it into their room and I told them to get some clothes to change into. Julia said she was going to take a warm shower, and Skylar declined the offer to do the same once she was done. I told her I would be right back, and went into the storage room to grab a pair of scrubs to use as clothes for the day. The only ones I found were a little small on me, but they were the best I could do.

When I walked back into the two girl's room, Skylar was now dressed in a pair of green sweat pants and a blank tank top, and was now currently toweling her hair. I leaned against the door, highly amused by the way in which she was doing it. She was bent over with the towel over her head and was furiously scrubbing at her scalp and long blond hair.

She threw her head back up, letting the now messy locks slap against her back. When she saw me there, her face flushed. "Sorry for causing you so much trouble," she mumbled, scurrying over to her bedside table and grabbing the brush to comb through her hair.

"You didn't cause me any trouble, I think it was just crazy for the two of you to have been out in that kind of storm. Why were you, anyways?"

"Well, it was Julia's idea to go out there, and I thought it was just as skeptical as you had. But once the rain started to hit… I felt like a little kid again."

She turned to me, and her eyes sparkled like that hadn't before. The smile that she was giving me even showed a little insight to how happy she had been as a child.

"When was the last time you did something so child like? Even though I'm still kind of a child… it's been so many years."

She shivered again and rubbed at her bare arms. She was about to pull her blanket over her, but I sat down next to her and pulled her in close, resting her against my side. Even though she had been shivering, she felt so warm to me.

Only seconds after I had done that, she wrapped her small arms around my middle and hugged me tightly, cuddling into my side. It probably wasn't very professional of me, but I kissed the top of her wet head and whispered sweet nothings into her ear.
♠ ♠ ♠
I find that I like writing in Noah's point of view the most, so that's probably going to be how most of the chapters are going to be like. A lot of Noah, and maybe just a little of Skylar.

Comment and Subscribe?

*Ashen Faced