Status: So, I don't save my chapters after I write them, and I finished it... And now it's all gone. I'm not ***ing writing them again, so sorry to those who were trying to read. Blame Mibba.

One Last Breath

Eight;

Skylar

Could you really blame me for snuggling closer into Noah's side? If a doctor had caught us, I would have just said I was cold and needed the body warmth, but in truth, there was no way I could resist getting this close to him. The instant his thumb stroked my bare arm, my eyes fluttered closed in comfort and I relaxed into his embrace.

He smelled of something spicy, like an ingredient in the kitchen, but nothing I had ever smelt before. The scent was dark and strong, something that you would use lightly. I breathed it in again and exhaled shakily. It was one of the best things I had ever smelt in my entire life, and I don't think it would have fit any one other than Noah.

My fingers curled around the material of his scrubs, trying to pull him closer to him, and I sighed in content. I had never been so warm or relaxed before, and I would have given anything to stay like this for as long as possible. Unfortunately, I heard the water turn off from the bathroom and knew that Julia would be out all too soon.

Slowly, I pulled away from Noah, and my body instantly missed the warmth. When Noah turned his brown eyes to me, I smiled gently at him and dove under the comfort of the blankets just as Julia walked through the door, her dry clothes on and a towel wrapped around her head.

"Next, we'll have to do something like that in a snow storm."

"I think not!" I declined, glaring at my younger friend. She gave me a humorous look before jumping into her bed and taking refuge under the blankets like I had.

"You two try anything like that again and I'll ground you to this room."

"Is that a threat Dr. McKnight? I have to warn you now, I am a very naughty girl to needs to be punished."

"Jul, shut up!" I laughed and threw my pillow at her. She gasped and threw it right back and for a moment like that. During out little war, I watched as Noah shook his head and walked out with a chuckle.

Noah

That girl, she was something. The perfect daughter someone could say. She was funny, witty, kind, and beyond beautiful. Skylar was more than perfect, and I was really lucky to have someone as amazing as her as a patient, and a friend as well.

I closed the room door quietly behind me, still laughing about the girl's pillow fight. They really did like to act like children most of the time. But, could you truly blame them? When you were forced to act like an adult for most of your stay here, would you not want to be as immature as possible when you had the chance? I guess that was the reason behind the rain stunt.

When I passed by a window, my gaze traveled towards the view of outside, the heavy rain still beating down on the cars and everything else outside. I thought of the question that Skylar had asked, when was the last time I had done something so child like? As I went back into the memories, I realized it took way too long to remember the last childlike action I had taken.

Now, I couldn't really blame the girls for what they had done. And I told myself that they indeed wanted to go and play in the snow, that I would let them. It was the least I could do for them, right?
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, it is short, but I wanted to write, and didn't feel like updating my other story. So, here we are.

Comment and Subscribe?

*Ashen Faced