Status: So, I don't save my chapters after I write them, and I finished it... And now it's all gone. I'm not ***ing writing them again, so sorry to those who were trying to read. Blame Mibba.

One Last Breath

Nine;

Skylar

"Skylar, I think I'm in love."

I glanced over at my friend, whose eyes weren't even looking at me, even though she had directed the statement at me. I looked in the direction that she was and instantly knew what she walk talking about.

Today, we had gotten a bunch of new patients to the hospice, all coming from the hospital a town away. Apparently, they couldn't afford to keep these terminally ill children in their building, and thought it best to send them here where they could be treated and find fun and friends.

Most of the new comers were younger children, around the age of twelve or so, but there were some older ones. The one that I knew had caught Julia's attention was the only teen boy in the group. From this far away, I could only see that he had longish, ink black hair and tan skin. I could also tell that he had a beautiful smile, because he was showing it off to everyone who was greeting him.

"He is cute, I have to admit that. Looks like you got your wish of some cute guy coming here."

"Please, that wish was answered as soon as Noah walked through the door. But, seeing as he's 'yours', I can make my claim on this luscious piece of ass."

I didn't know whether to glare at her or laugh. I wanted to glare because Noah, although handsome, was no where near "mine" in any way. Maybe my doctor, but he was not mine in the way in which my hormonal teen friend had been implying. I decided to let that go and laugh because of how excited she was to finally have, as she put it, "a luscious piece of ass" around here. Maybe now she would stop complaining.

"Alright guys, give the new comers some space," Dr. Mutter laughed, pushing back the small crowd that had formed around them all, "get back to what you were all doing before. I know you all aren't done with your work!"

A lot of the crowd dispersed after that with a groan, going back to exercising, resting, or waiting on their turns for tests. There were only a couple people left, as well as some doctors, that had nothing else to do but welcome the new patients. Julia and I were those people.

"Hi," Jul said calmly, a big accomplishment for her, and caught the boys attention. He turned his beautiful smile to her and greeted her back. From here, I noticed that his eyes were a very dark brown, almost black, that pretty much blended in with his pupils.

"I'm Julia, and this is my friend Skylar."

He turned his smile on me, and I gave him one back, giving him a quiet "hello" as well. He turned his eyes back to Jul and said, "My name is Lucas."

We continued to talk for a little while longer and I found out that Lucas had Lung cancer, a very common thing that we found here, which was a sad truth. He figured out our diseases as well, and the look he gave us seemed like we were in worse for well than he was. I wasn't a doctor, so I wasn't sure if that look was right or not.

Noah

"Nicole, do you know where Skylar is?" I questioned the older woman in the EMG room, who was actually performing a test on a young boy. I had hoped that I hadn't ruined anything, but kept my head inside the room for an answer.

"Sorry, I do not. Aren't you supposed to be her keeper?"

"Hey, I'm only getting paid to be her doctor," I teased.

She chuckled softly, then got back to the point. "I heard that we got a new group of patients, so maybe her and Julia are on the first floor welcoming them? You know how friendly they both are."

I rolled my eyes at that. Yes, they were friendly, but I had a theory that Julia was more excited to see if there was any new meat that she could seduce. That girl needed a boyfriend.

"Alright, thanks Nicole."

I made my way quickly to the first floor of the hospice, and indeed did find the two girls down there, socializing with a teen boy. They all laughed about something, and even from here, I could see the sparkle in the brunette's eye.

"What are you girls up to?" I asked once I had reached them. All three of them looked at me, and although the boy looked like he could be trouble, his smile said other words.

"Meeting the new patients; this is Lucas. Lucas, this is Noah, Skylar's doctor."

"Nice to meet you Lucas, I hope these two aren't bothering you," I said, taking the boy's hand and shaking it. He laughed and shook his head, causing his black hair to whip softly against his face.

"No, they're both being a riot. I think I found my new best friends."

"As if anyone wouldn't want to be our friend," Skylar scoffed, putting her hands on her small hips. I held in my laugh, but the other two didn't do the same. Skylar pouted and folded her arms across her chest, acting hurt.

"Alright, enough with hurting her feelings, Skylar needs to do her work out."

The girl groaned and let her shoulder's slump. "I did that, like, the other day. I'm still tired from then."

"It's good for your muscles," I dismissed, putting my large hand on the small of her back and escorting her away from the two teens. They said their goodbyes before going back into a conversation with one another. Once we were out of hearing range, I commented.

"Julia seemed happy back there."

Skylar nodded, her gorgeous smile lighting up her face. "She really was. The poor thing, she's been going through male with drawl. Lucas seemed like a nice kid, someone you can easily become friends with."

We made it to the workout room, and there were more kids in here than there had been last time. Skylar welcome them all, hugging the small children and the older ones she was closer to before starting her workout. Now that we knew that the dystrophy was spreading towards her arms, we made sure that she worked with them as well. So now, she had two five pound weights in her hands, curling them in turns and watching them with blue eyes full of boredom.

"I feel like a beast," she said in sarcasm after she was done, poking the bump that was her arm muscle, though it wasn't much.

"That you are," I snorted, poking it with her. She stuck her tongue out at me and poked my bicep.

"You're not too much to look at yourself."

Skylar

That, of course, was a total lie. Even under his bulky, white lab coat I could see how large his muscles were. I was just hoping that I could poke at him enough that he would take off the coat and show me. And when he did, I almost squealed in delight.

Noah was wearing a blue polo under the coat, so he didn't had to roll up much of his sleeve before he showed his "guns" off. He flexed easily, and I saw the muscle harden at that.

It might have seemed a little bizarre, but I traced my pointer finger along his smooth skin, admiring the surplus of muscle that he had. I felt him shiver and smirked at him.

"A little sensitive?"

"It tickled," he grumbled, putting his coat back on with what seemed like a pout.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love updating this story. It is a lot more innocent than my other ones have been, and it is a good break from that.

I have pictures up of Skylar, Noah, Julia, and even Lucas now :]

Comment and Subscribe?

*Ashen Faced