Status: Hey I was just inspired to write this. I don't know how or where this is going. If you like it, comment it?

Luck.

002;

Jesse had bought me my favorite ice cream; cookies and cream. I ordered him a surprise. When I started pouring some sprinkles on top of the frozen dairy treat, Jesse walked outside to meet me on the curb.

“Evelyn, do you mind explaining to me what the hell a “fuzzy-ducky-and-vanilla tripled scoop ice cream is?” Jesse requested, looking at the three-layers of vanilla goodness in a waffle cone. I just smiled and licked on my ice cream. “Erm, please?” He added once I didn’t reply.

“It’s vanilla ice cream infused with honey and cheesecake bits. It’s actually better tasting than it sounds,” I explained, biting into the cold treat. It made my teeth react in an unpleasant way, but I didn’t mind it. That was the price I paid for eating delicious things.

“Oh, alright. ‘Cause for a few seconds there I thought you were ordering me ice cream with duck meat in it,” Jesse chuckled at himself, sticking out his tongue cautiously as he started to lick the ice cream. “Hey, this is not so bad.”

“No duck meat?” I asked, tilting my head to the side. I watched him take another lick, smiling as he shook his head.

“Not from what I can see. Want a bite?” He asked, extending his arm out towards me. I leaned forward and stole a few licks.

“Oh, you’re right. That’s not that bad. I thought it would taste too bitter, but I guess not. Hmm, want a lick from mine?” Stealing another lick from Jesse’s ice cream, I waited for his response.

“I know what cookie and cream tastes like, Ev,” Jesse noted, shoving up his normal-glasses. Jesse had to wear two pairs, one for far-sighted people when he was reading--reading glasses--and the other pair for when he was doing normal activities. Poor kid, having to wear glasses all day. At least he could sleep without them.

“Yes but you don’t know what Coopling’s cookies and cream tastes like,” I replied, shoving my ice cream more toward his face. Giving up and taking a lick, he nodded.

“I got a chunk of oreo’s. That tasted really good. But I like this ice cream better, surprisingly,” he stated. Taking another lick from his ice cream, he held out his hand. “Come, let’s go to the park. I’ll push you on the swings or some corny boyfriend thing like that,” he offered.

“Alright, sir,” I couldn’t resist, so I placed my hand in his and he pulled me to my feet. Jesse stood about a foot taller than me. Me being five-two and him being six-foot-two.

“Dude, wait, I think we should go to Ricky’s,” Jesse stated. Ricky’s was a music store. Everything was there if it involved music.

“Dude, homie, I agree,” I teased, weaving my fingers in between his. Jesse just chuckled as he lead me towards the general direction of Ricky’s.

“What time are you suppose to be home?” He asked, looking up into the dimming sky. I simply shrugged; my parents never did care about me being home at a specific time. In fact, they really never cared period.

“Never,” I replied after a minute of thinking; It was both a joke and a serious statement. How cynical.