Regrets A Waste Of Time

Welcome To The Jungle

“Lizzy… Lizzy…”

“Ugh, shut up Zack, like now!” I said while Zack so kindly tried to wake me from my wondrous sleep. I looked over at my clock to see that it is only 7 am.

“No you have to get up and come to my house so we can get ready for the best party ever, well, at least till my next party anyway,” he said.

“Just give me thirty more minutes, please,” I begged him.

“Um, no, you get ten minutes and a coffee,” he said happily. This boy is way to much of a morning person. I don’t see how he does it. He gets up around four every morning to run no less. It’s not for a good thing or something fun its for working out! I guess working out is Zack’s version of a good time though, hey, whatever floats his boat works for me.

“Elizabeth, your ten minutes are up, get out of that bed, now!” he said, handing me a mug of coffee.

“Fine, I’m up, I’m up,” I said with a yawn.

“Good now let’s run over to my house,” he said already starting to jog in place.

“You can’t honestly mean run,” I whined. I mean it’s not like I am out of shape or anything, but who likes to exercise that much I mean really!

“Yes, Lizzy, I honestly mean run. Come on, it’s good for you, help you look super sexy in whatever you decide to wear tonight,” he said grinning.

“Fine, stop sucking up let me grab my clothes for tonight and we can go,” I said reluctantly.

After our mile run to Zack’s we decided to watch re-runs of CSI: Miami until we actually needed to start getting ready. We knew that his little minions would be here to work on the house, he just had to get all the stuff out and set up the DJ booth. Sometime during the second or third episode I feel asleep on Zacky’s shoulder.

“Lizzy wake up, I have to start getting everything out now,” Zack whispered in my ear.

“What time is it?” I mumbled groggily.

“It’s around 4:30 Liz,” he said.

“Oh, wow, okay I’m up I promise I am,” I said.

“That’s my girl Lizzy,” he said with a smile.

As Zacky got up to help get everything together, I decided to take a shower and get all fixed up so by the time Zack is done setting up he can use the bathroom to get ready.

“You look good,” Zacky said as he walked past me while helping put up the strobe lights.

“Yeah, thanks kid,” I said.

“He’s telling the truth you know,” said Missy, one of our school friends.

“Thanks Missy but I couldn’t compete with you,” I said truthfully she really is beautiful you know for a girl, I’m surprised Zack hasn’t ever shown any interest in her, she sure shows interest in him, why else would she be here. Maybe I could play match maker for them I mean she’s a great girl. I sat on the couch as I watched people scurrying back and fourth through the house just setting things up. The keg arrived earlier and a few people are setting up the food. It’s crazy how all out Zack goes for these things. They moved four big screen Tv’s out into the living room and are setting them up to have different games like rock band and Mario Kart wii. The party should be starting soon too. Gosh it’s been a long while since I have been to one of this boy’s parties!

“Lizzy!” Zacky shouted coming down the stairs. “How do I look?”

“You look lovely Zacky it is very rarely that I see you in skinny jeans they look nice on you,” I said happily.

“Are you ready the earlies should be coming in soon,” he said laughing.

Ah, now that I remember the earlies the kids so excited to be going to Zack’s party that they show up nearly thirty minutes early and just end up standing around till they leave before the party even gets fun. Poor kids don’t really know what they are missing, and sure enough some of the kids from school who don’t really know what a real party is just walked through the door, oh well.

“Hi guys,” Zack said politely. That’s pretty much all the information they will ever get out of him.

“Hey, Liz will you come help me fix up the skateboard ramp?” he asked, not really expecting an answer. “See you guys in the party thanks for coming.”

We walked to the backyard and started graffitiing up his ramp, a very popular attraction for the skater boys of the area. Hopefully they don’t decide to jump off the ramp into the pool, I hear Zacky talking about that happening every single year. We walk back inside, now it is the time that the regular partiers show up.

“I wonder if David is here, oh, and Alex and Jack too,” he said slowly.

“Yeah, they are.”

“Oh, come on Lizzy you can’t possibly know that you just walked inside.”

“Uh, yeah and so did they, see,” I said pointing towards the door where David, Alex, Jack, and someone else I’m not quite familiar with; were standing in awe of the party that Zacky had put on.

“Oh, hell yes, now its time to get this party started,’ Zack screamed making everyone within earshot cheer and yell.

We started walking towards them, moving around the people dancing into our pathway. The second they saw us David’s face lit up.

“Wow, this is a great party Zack,” said Jack coolly.

“Yeah, thanks man, really glad my little Lizzy is here for this one, aren’t you?” he asked making my face heat up.

“Zack! Shut up!” I hissed at him.

“Yeah she sure does light up the party,” he said to Zack with a wink at me.

“Ha, thanks,” I said with a blush.

This party is just to crazy! There are people everywhere making out on couches, dancing, drinking in the kitchen, even just standing around talking. Surely it wasn’t this bad last year. I don’t remember it being this psychotic…