Regrets A Waste Of Time

Jumpin Jack Flash

“You love him, you love him,” Zack taunted after a rather embarrassing run in with Jack at the mall.

“No, Zack I do not love him, it is just a little crush is all,” I said simply.

“Aw, it is so cute Liz! And soon I may be in a band with him, then you to can fall madly in love with one another.” he said excitedly.

“There is no way he likes me Zack, besides half the school thinks I’m with you anyway,” I said with a sigh.

“What they think does not matter Elizabeth and you know it,” Zack sternly said.

“Yeah I know but it would be a lot easier to date people if you didn’t scare them off,” I muttered under my breath.

After we left a distraught David, we went to the mall to have lunch. I honestly don’t get why the journal he had was so important. I have never known anyone to freak over a journal. I don’t mean to sound rude but come on it’s a journal. my journal may have some things in it I would rather everyone not know, but if they did know then I would live. But, then again who knows what his journal really contains…

Now, we are headed to my house, unable to face cleaning anymore of Zack’s house at this moment in time. We cleaned most of the after math of the party up, but that doesn’t mean that we still don’t have a ways to go on it. I am so glad he does not want to clean right now cause I sure know I don’t want to at all!

“I’m just ready to sit down Liz, it’s time to relax don’t you think?” Zack asked, adding a huge yawn at the end to stress his point.

“Yeah I agree completely Zacky, let’s get inside and have a movie marathon or something,” I said.

“Ohh! Harry Potter!” He yelled. Zack has been on a Harry Potter kick ever since he saw the third one last month Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

“If you insist I yelled back. He was walking away from me further into the house.

“I’m hungry Liz got any good movie food?” he asked slamming the cabinet doors in search of popcorn no doubt. He would be hungry not one hour after we eat lunch too.

“Look in the cabinet above the silverware drawer,” I said.

“Popcorn? Hell yeah!” he screamed.

“You always were a sucker for popcorn,” I said with a laugh.

“I can not help that popcorn is full of amazing goodness!” he said laughing with me.

We put the first movie in and started our ‘relaxing’, which ended up being more like him bugging me about what will happen in the next movie. He refuses to read the books, he says that he is to busy with other, more important things than reading, this is the reason I won’t tell him what is going to happen in the movie. He should read for himself if he wants to find out. Which is exactly what I just got done telling him.

“Fine I will just get someone else to tell me,” he said walking off. “Surely one of our friends have read those books.”

“No sir Zacky, you will wait just like the rest of you losers who refuse to read some great literature, it is your fault,” I insisted.

“Fine, but just so you know I am only agreeing because if I found out I know you would figure it out,’ he said sadly.

“Oh, honey I would know the second you even asked someone about it,” I said sarcastically.

“Yeah, yeah, I know I can’t hide anything from your all seeing mind Liz don’t rub it in please,” he said.

“Speaking of all seeing, I should check the school blog and see what has been going on while we were cleaning and all that fun junk,” I said.

“Come on Liz do you really think you missed that much in the one day you weren’t able to be on the internet,” he whined.

“It’s not that I actually missed news I mean I may have missed something that was posted that shouldn’t of been, you remember all that drama last year when that guy tried to post nasty pictures of girls from school on the blog? We could have been sued if I hadn’t seen them before the blogs went up for that day,” I said seriously.

“Well you can’t change it once everything is put out anyway so why not wait until later, you know like tonight or tomorrow?” he said slowly. What he is trying to tell me is that he doesn’t like this whole blog thing cutting into his time with me. He doesn’t really do well with sharing, never has, never will.

“Zacky please just let me look, as soon as I look and make sure everything is okay I will devote the rest of my day to you I promise,” I said.

“Fine but I better get dinner out of this, and I mean like dinner here, that your mom made,” he pouted.

“What is it with you and food Zacky?” I questioned as I pulled my Mac off my desk.

“Your mom is the best cook in the world Liz,” he said.

“Okay… If you say so,” I mumbled, while reading over the blog entries.

As I was nearing the bottom of the page I saw something that made my heart skip a beat.

“Oh no, no no no,” I started mumbling. “This can’t be right, what am I going to do now?”

“What, what is it? What happened Liz?” Zacky asked worriedly.

“Huh? Oh, nothing Zack just don’t worry about it okay?” I said.

I closed the computer before Zack could see and ran downstairs to find my phone, dialing the number as soon as I reached it. Come on pick up, pick up.

“Hello?”

“Yeah, David, we’ve got a problem.”